It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave of Crystals discovered 1,000ft below a Mexican desert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I saw this on Discovery channel. It was awesome to say the least. The people can only go in for a very short amount of time because of the heat. They said the crystals are hot to the touch and can burn unprotected skin. Very cool stuff, I could not believe the size of the things.

Raist

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So this being out in the middle of the desert, does that mean it's government owned/ If so, wouldnt that make it illegal to be drilling down there? And what would happen if someone found something like this like these guys have? are they allowed to claim rights to it? Aswell as make money off it?

Just a few questions if anyone can answer them.

Regards, Lee

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here are some more...
Crystals

Naica Crystals

Crystal Cave

I cant but imagine what is hidden deeper and in older rock. The classic movie Journey to the Center of the Earth with James Mason and Pat Boone had me thinking about underground worlds when I was a kid. I have not seen the latest version with Brendon Frasier (a favorite), but to this day nothing has swayed me from believing in underground wonders and worlds. In fact It just gets more believable.

Reality is definitely the coolest thing I've ever done.

ZG

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I just want to post so I can come back to look at the pictures again. Flagged. Lately I have been planning on visiting that area, or general area. I wonder if you can go down and see the cave. I seems likely that there would be more caves like this in the same area.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This was on National Geographic Channel two weeks ago. They are amazing aren't they?

I wish there was some way I could see them! Though from what I understand it is none too pleasant going down there!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacieI am glad to see that the men are wearing masks, there is no telling what can be in the cave bacteria wise since it has been untouched for so long.

I saw a one hour National Geographic show on the subject. I thought I heard them explain that the scientists have to wear masks and work in short shifts because the air is very unpleasant, it is very hot and there are caustic gases down there.

Thy crystals formed in a submerged state and now they are debating whether they should re-flood the chamber. If they do, no one will be able to see the crystals any more. But if they don't, the crystals will likely be destroyed.

They were discovered during a mining operation.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
WOW!!! Simply breathtaking!!! I've seen some crystal caves before, but this one is simply amazing!! But I wonder how upset Superman is going to be now that we've discovered the 'Fortress of Solitude'??? LOL! Sorry, but that's the first thing this reminded me of!

Silly Jaxon, everyone knows Superman's 'Fortress of Solitude' is located in the north pole.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
LOL there is even the educated view of an expert on this other thread from 2007 about the same caves.

Debunkers and believers beware!

Member is offline.

ATS Points: 8
BTS Points: 3

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

give this post a star
posted on 24-2-2007 @ 03:08 PM single this post "quote"REPLY TO:

Looks Photoshopped, lack of shadows emanating from the cavers and the lighting or the source of lighting is just wrong in a cave.

[edit on 24-2-2007 by ////////]

Lack of shadows..on a crystal. A material that reflects/deflects/amplifies visible light from lighting sources...

All those 2 cent experts probably debunk UFOs the same way I bet.

Crystals could even capture frequencies from the invisible to the human eye spectrum and tune it to visible light, thus sometimes they would falsely appear to produce light out of nowhere. Another magicians trick uncovered.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by populardisbelief]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
O..M...G. That is amazing.I believe that is just a very small example of whats under the earth.This planet we live on is simply fantastic.To bad we are slowly killing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Holy crystals Batman!!

I am pretty sure you go in there a man, and leave a superhero.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I too watched this, on the National Geographic Channel, simply amazing!

I believe they also said there is water down there somewhere, that is so hot it should be boiling, yet doesn't. Also there are living creatures in the water(crabs, maybe more) Hopefully someone else that saw this can, help me out here.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
wow..this is unbelievable, amazing, incredible!

In the other hand, I do feel sorry for SUPERMAN...his home has been invaded!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ha... cool post

been blasting about caverns off and on for the last 24 hrs or so... what an odd coincidence.

My opinion, I am shocked that the discoverers actually revealed this find to the world, wonders to myself if they were pros or just stumbled upon it.

I have to admit if this was my find... I'd probably not mention it unless there was some definitive reason for exposure i.e. it reveled something the world should know.

Best caves there are, are all secrets, just the way it goes...

Spelunkers, many don't care much about recognition... your asking for recognition from a bunch of characters that very often are in a hole in the ground somewhere it can be very underwhelming in terms of daily feedback

But find a cool cave, lol like the superman references, you have that fortress of solitude all to yourself

People will probably never get to visit this...

It's likely too frail, steel doors up...

most caves that are known have the metal gates and locks on them in the states

you have to go to the Park Rangers to get a key and sign in, many aren't available year round either for various reasons.

To get the keys you have to show proof of redundant safety in most cases

extra flashlights, shin guards, helmet etc, etc...

and read the cave safety pamphlet and take a quiz in some places lol

But this is Mexico... I doubt they will let very many people have the keys unless there is some payola involved...

In this case University level payola

I am feeling, rather miffed that this was found and revealed because in all likely hood i will never get to run it now

yet another reason we tend to keep our caves finds secret...

Not pleasant to discover something then get locked out of it forever

and

No one else knowing is the best bet for keeping it undisturbed anyway

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They found this in 2000 right?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Me too

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Breathtaking... if not for the guys in the orange suits, it'd make a great desktop background.

extra line, that's it, nothing more, just an extra line

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
this was covered here previously.

crystal caves (original post on ATS)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
reply to post by captiva

What purpose would they possibly have for faking this?
Honestly?
Have posters here become so detatched from reality?

Ironclad, I'm almost positive he was joking.
Just calm down a little- Look at the emoticons he was using.

I know, i'm just having some fun.

There are Crystal Cities inside the earth. Your, looking at one in those pics.

Not a real City per-say, but something very similar to this exists in NZ & its called the Crystal City.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
So this being out in the middle of the desert, does that mean it's government owned/ If so, wouldnt that make it illegal to be drilling down there? And what would happen if someone found something like this like these guys have? are they allowed to claim rights to it? Aswell as make money off it?

Just a few questions if anyone can answer them.

Regards, Lee

Yes something like this could make you a lot of money..

Why, do you ask BTW....?

Hmmmmm, U found something there, that your not letting the rest of your ATS buddies in on..?

We have ways of making you talk you know

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow, that is truly one of the most remarkable pictures I have ever seen. What a find. Thanks a lot for posting this as Ive never seen this before! I am going to try to find more info on it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join