It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cave of Crystals discovered 1,000ft below a Mexican desert

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Cave of Crystals discovered 1,000ft below a Mexican desert

www.dailymail.co.uk

Until you notice the orange-suited men clambering around, it's hard to grasp the extraordinary scale of this underground crystal forest.

Nearly 1,000ft below the Chihuahua Desert in Mexico, this cave was discovered by two brothers drilling in the Naica lead and silver mine. It is an eerie sight.

Up to 170 giant, luminous obelisks - the biggest is 37.4ft long and the equivalent height of six men - jut across the grotto like tangled pillars of light; and the damp rock of their walls is covered with yet more flawless clusters of blade-sharp crystal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
GOOD GRIEF!!!

Crystals are odd things... they are mineral and as such not alive yet they can grow.

Anyone who has seen the crystal cave at Lookout Mountain at Chatanooga Tenn. knows that caves composed of crystals can be an awesome sight... but these...

... these crystals are simply amazing.

I would upload the photos from the story but I don't know how.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[mod edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Freaking AMAZING!!! Star and flag for you, Grover. Thank you for posting this! This truly is an amazing find.

Use the black and white button above of the computer screen and paint pallette to insert a news source image, or just use the im tag in square brackets around the URL of the image.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing! It really makes you wonder what else is possible under our feet. Heck... we haven't even began to tap into whats at ground level.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Finally they let it out for the world to see. This place is over a million years old at the youngest! These crystals have been able to grow in pristine conditions for a very long time. I am glad to see that the men are wearing masks, there is no telling what can be in the cave bacteria wise since it has been untouched for so long.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WOW!!! Simply breathtaking!!! I've seen some crystal caves before, but this one is simply amazing!! But I wonder how upset Superman is going to be now that we've discovered the 'Fortress of Solitude'??? LOL! Sorry, but that's the first thing this reminded me of!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Absolutely incredible!
Amazing! I have never seen such a sight. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us! Starred and flagged!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I saw a video doc. about these on cable a week or two ago. Absolutely AWESOME!! The first thing I thought of was the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth." I love that we can still find such wonders here on Earth.

Amazing. S and F.

-anyone

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wonder if that video is on utube.

I am in awe.

Star and Flag.

I think we have not even begun to uncover the wonders of Mother Earth.

I switched my view about the earth after trying Peyote back in 1980 at Joshua Tree.

The earth is living breathing organism of whom we are hosts upon.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not sure if this is a different find but the images look the same as to ones posted roughly two weeks back. Alot of information on thread. If not sorry... Just trying to save peoples time double-posting.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the other thread, can anyone determine if its the same one?

If these are two seperate finds this is pretty big stuff...... We seem to be unearthing a hell of alot of new things lately, especially in South America...... Any significance?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
At first I thought the 1st pic was just a pic of a group of crystals in the cave then I saw the guys in the pic and holy smokes, I never seen anything like that size before.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is amazing, love to find somewhere like this

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isn't it incredible that all that beauty exists underneath a desert that is currently seeing so much violence and upheaval? Chihuahua is basically the epicenter of the Mexican drug cartel wars and has been a horrible place for many years now. It almost makes me wonder if maybe there is some truth to the idea that crystals hold energy, both positive & negative emotionally speaking. Who knows, maybe these crystals that are so beautiful and spectacular harbor a dark secret that could explain the reason why Chihuahua has long been the center of violence, rape, murder, and God knows what else?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
those pictures are great, reminds me of journey to the center of the earth... the original of course (the one with the duck ) haha

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Being in the UK, and knowing our media like I do, I am suspicious.

The photos to me look shopped. I'm not saying they are, but they kind of seem like an "artists impression".

Still beautiful, and I hope they are genuine.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Calcite crystals are fairly common, but not like those. I sure hope this is preserved so future generations get a look at it. This is a rock hound's wet dream.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is old news guys.

I think it came out a few years ago?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is an old post! This was first posted on ATS on posted on 24-2-2007 @ 08:44 PM By zooplancton

Thread Title: crystal caves: giant crystals in mexico
Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is eighteen months old, and the original thread had more pictures, alot more interesting posts, and nearly the exact same comments!!!

This new thread has nearly recieved as many flags and has already received nearly 10times as many stars for a year old story!!!

Fair enough its a simple mistake, what has confused me however is the fact that it has just been re-published in the news story.... Don't understand why.

Sorry for the nagging post, jsut want to let you guys know that the information is already out there for people who find it interesting like i do!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm sure i've seen this before. Or was it a different cave in mexico?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join