It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the indigo children out there...can you take this personality test?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
INFJ-I am spot on the description of this personality type. There's another INFJ listed who posted the description, so I won't bother. I will say, that the ability to intuit evil and good in others is often overwhelming. I find that I withdraw from most people and concentrate on my children, one of whom is most likely the architect type-INTP. He is a fascinating child-an indigo?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
100 38 88 33

I have done similar tests before most of the time I am INTJ sometimes INTP.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'll bite on this one, quite a long thread and lots of good personality to people matching.

ENTJ 1/50/25/11

I won't repost the ENTJ as anyone that's read the thread has already seen the description.

But here's a link to anyone who missed it and wants to read it:

keirsey.com...

I typically flip flop between INTJ and ENTJ depending on questions, structure, mood, etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
For a comparison of the results

There are some more results for the OP here

Indigo Society - Myer-Briggs Personality Test

and

Table One. The 16 "types" vs. percent of population.

Type World(%) Web(%) Keirsey(KT) KT of web(%)

INTP 1% 4% Architect 3%
INTJ 1% 7% Mastermind 5%
ENTP 5% 4% Inventor 2%
ENTJ 5% 6% Field Marshall 3%
INFP 1% 8% Healer 7%
INFJ 1% 8% Counselor 8%
ENFP 5% 13% Champion 8%
ENFJ 5% 12% Teacher 8%
ESFP 13% 2% Performer 5%
ESTP 13% 1% Promotor 3%
ISFP 6% 1% Composer 3%
ISTP 6% 1% Crafter 2%
ESFJ 13% 7% Provider 12%
ESTJ 13% 10% Supervisor 11%
ISFJ 6% 7% Protector 10%
ISTJ 6% 13% Inspector 10%

Notes:

(1) Table source: www.in-the-mood.com...

(2) Internet "Web Users" by MBTI "Type" data from metalab.unc.edu... .
(Sample size = 1,880,250)

(3) Internet "Web Users" by Keirsey "Type" data from keirsey.com... .
(Sample size = 5,201,349)

Table One. The 16 "types" vs. percent of population

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hmm, I don't know about the indigo child thing. It seems like a book-selling scam from what little I know of it. But I mostly fit the characteristics they always list, and here's my score:

I 89
N 62
F 38
J 22

When I've taken these tests in the past, I've usually tested INTP. The I and the N are always very strongly expressed, the F/T and P/J depend a lot on how strictly I'm interpreting statements like "The best *blank* is always."

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Your Type is
ESFP - Artisan Portrait of the Performer (ESFP)

Strength of the preferences %
Extraverted-1
Sensing-12
Feeling-38
Perceiving-22

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Artisan Portrait of the Performer (ESFP)

Performers have the special ability, even among the Artisans, to delight those around them with their warmth, their good humor, and with their often extraordinary skills in music, comedy, and drama. Whether on the job, with friends, or with their families, Performers are exciting and full of fun, and their great social interest lies in stimulating those around them to take a break from work and worry, to lighten up and enjoy life.

Performers are plentiful, something over ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate, because they bring pleasure to so many of us. Performers are the people for whom it can truly be said "all the world's a stage." Born entertainers, they love the excitement of playing to an audience, and will quickly become the center of attention wherever they are. Performers aren't comfortable being alone, and seek the company of others whenever possible-which they usually find, for they make wonderful playmates. Performers are smooth, talkative, and witty; they always seem to know the latest jokes and stories, and are quick with wisecracks and wordplay-nothing is so serious or sacred that it can't be made fun of. Performers also like to live in the fast lane, and seem up on the latest fashions of dress, food, drink, and music. Lively and uninhibited, Performers are the life of the party, always trying to create in those around them a mood of eat, drink, and be merry.

The Performers' talent for enjoying life is healthy for the most part, though it also makes them more subject to temptations than the other types. Pleasure seems to be an end in itself for them, and variety is the spice of life. And so Performers are open to trying almost anything that promises them a good time, not always giving enough thought to the consequences.

Like the other Artisans, Performers are incurably optimistic - "Always look on the bright side," is their motto - and they will avoid worries and troubles by ignoring them as long as possible. They are also the most generous of all the types, and second only to the Composer Artisans [ISFPs] in kindness. Performers haven't a mean or stingy bone in their body-what's theirs is yours-and they seem to have little idea of saving or conserving. They give what they have to one and all without expectation of reward, just as they love freely, and without expecting anything in return. In so many ways, Performers view life as an eternal cornucopia from which flows an endless supply of pleasures.

Elizabeth Taylor, John Goodman, Marylin Monroe, Judy Garland, Magic Johnson, Pablo Picasso, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Elvis, and Leonard Bernstein are examples of Performer Artisans.

Well......that was ok I guess, very vague but right about the music performance etc.

Glad to see one of my heroes - Magic Johnson was one to!

Good job OP, nice find.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Introverted....67

Intuitive....75

Thinking....75

Judging....22

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
ISFP

Introverted - 67%
Sensing - 12%
Feeling - 38%
Perceiving - 56%

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I N T J
78 75 12 67

Was that really a good test? I think it should be longer!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
type ISTJ

I 56
S38
T88
J33

jung career indicator
career

management (did good on this one last job i was a mine superintendent)
administrative management (no way i can not stand working in a office)
accounting (forget this one office again)
computer programing (this is even worse setting in front of a computer all day)
technology education (right on this one when you work in the trades you do a lot of this)
physician (surgery) i only got as far as working as a EMT.
dentist /dental assistant (another office job no way)
law (close i worked as a federal security officer.)
military training. (did 6 years in the US Navy)

Famous people of your particular type
Herbert Hoover (he was a mining engineer and worked inthe Sierra Nevada range of California near where i was.)
en.wikipedia.org...

Kirk Douglas (a tough guy too)

Clint Eastwood (will that one made my day)

US presidents
George Washington (he was a Christian Deist like me)
Andrew Johnson (was also a Christian Deist)
George H W Bush (maybe that why i don't think he was so bad)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I am an ENTJ (Fieldmarshals)

76/88/1/1.

Very interesting, I would definitely agree with the assessment.

I edited to remove description seeing as it had already been described.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by BluegrassRevolutionary]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Idealist counsellor INFJ rare type Mahandra Ghandi was one

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I remember doing this test in high school and receiving a different answer than i did this time..

I was INFP
Idealist Portrait of the Healer
Introverted : 56
Intuitive : 38
Feeling : 38
Perceiving : 44

The overall description was pretty much me.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
33 88 12 33

Where does the Indigo Child fit in the test results ?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Here we go again....
Now we have people that will start to think they are "indigos", great work TC for pulling this site down AGAIN...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wooo! Thanks for the test. I love tests, first thing I go to on the internet when I have nothing better to do.

My result is ENFJ. Which is interesting because I did a similar test on another website and it says I'm ESFJ. Guess I'm just inconsistent

Oh and by the way, I don't consider myself an indigo child, sorry.

And I have no idea what an indigo child is. The criterion scattered on various website are so vague. It'd be good if you gave a clear definition to what you would call an indigo child.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ISTP

Introverted : 61%
Sensing : 1%
Thinking : 12%
Perceiving : 11%

Conclusion : Bastard

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Your Type is - INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

67 62 62 11

I'm not surprised. I'm going to read a few Biographies of others in my mindset to learn how survive the next 40 years...

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Tapped In]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceyeeh

My results and i will post my characteristics as they are right on:

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

In the workplace, ISFJs are methodical and accurate workers, often with very good memories and unexpected analytic abilities; they are also good with people in small-group or one-on-one situations because of their patient and genuinely sympathetic approach to dealing with others. ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option. Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers.

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior (although, unlike STJs, they are usually as concerned with being "nice" as with strict propriety); if any of their nearest and dearest depart from the straight-and-narrow, it causes the ISFJ major embarrassment: the closer the relationship and the more public the act, the more intense the embarrassment (a fact which many of their teenage children take gleeful advantage of). Over time, however, ISFJs usually mellow, and learn to regard the culprits as harmless eccentrics :-). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones--although strong Js may tend to focus more on what the recipient should want rather than what they do want.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Functional Analysis
by Joe Butt

Introverted Sensing
As for ISTJs, the dominant Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Again, "for both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. ... A 'proper' chair has four legs," etc. (Jung saw IS as something of an oxymoron: sensing, which is a perceiving function, focused inward and thus away from that which is perceived (the "object"). In this light, he described this sensing as something removed from reality, full of archetypes/mythical figures/hobgoblins; sensing of one's own set of forms.)

Extraverted Feeling
A kind of "regression toward the mean" provided by the Fe auxiliary function serves to socialize the expression of these forms. I suppose it's the auxiliary nature of this Feeling, coupled with the balancing effect of [detachment from the internal idiosyncratic view of free-floating data perceptions] that makes ISFJs tentative, conservative, and reticent to boldly state the rights and wrongs in the relational world. (Loosely translated, ISFJs like to keep their perceptions to themselves, and aren't sure enough that what they "see" as Introverted Sensors has any relevance to the outside world. Thus the perception, based on unworldly data, may not be true. The obedient Extraverted Feeling function must therefore refrain from strong statements expressing these opinions.)

Introverted Thinking
Introverted Thinking is turned inward and is largely invisible. It is only with great difficulty, if at all, that the ISFJ could willingly commit anyone to their doom. Perhaps this explains why ISFJs are loyal to the end; there is no sense of purely objective (i.e., impersonal) judgement of anyone but themselves (and that only by their own standards). Here is this type's achilles heel that makes many of them so vulnerable to the scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells who often use and abuse them.

Extraverted iNtuition
ISFJs are easily undone by Extraverted iNtuition, their inferior function. Believing in the fantastic, and disbelieving the technologically extant, are errors that my guide the gullible (or unfoundedly sceptical) ISFJ off a precipice of mis-conclusion. (One of our co-workers' mothers adamantly refused to believe that Dave Letterman's mom was actually at the olympics in Norway talking with the athletes and handing out hams! She suspected technological trickery.)

This childlike Ne is, however, the likely source (coupled with fun-loving Extraverted Feeling) of the practical joking, punning and (usually harmless) impishness of some ISFJs.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join