It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the indigo children out there...can you take this personality test?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33 38 38 33

Pretty well balanced....thats me!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not sure about the Indigo thing but here's what I got.

Idealist Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
INFP

pretty apt. impressed. not of the age group to be indigo, sharing notable characteristics with group...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
INTJ Mastermind
89 62 88 44

Damn and all this time I didnt know

edit on 11-9-2010 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Your Type is
INTJ
67 25 12 44

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Your Type is
ENTJ
1 - 25 - 50 - 44

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My result was: INFJ
I: 89 N: 75 F:50 J:33

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am no indigo child

but i got INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
11% 38% 25% 11%

edit on 12-9-2010 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Im not sure if i believe the indigo child phenomena it just seems that the so called indigo traits are too specific, Doreen virtue says that all indigo's have big eyes, trouble with authority, have ADHD etc she just seems to limit indigo's a lot, i doubt that ALL indigo's have large eyes, im sure that there are probably some with smaller eyes and don't have ADHD.

anyway here's what i got LOL, i agree with a large amount of it but i wouldn't say that im left brained and logical. the description of the Architect on the site makes me sound like Dr Spock.

Your Type is

INTP

introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
44 12 1 22

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Okay, this is an old thread, but I took the test anyway.

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* distinctively expressed judging personality

33 38 38 67

Checked the work types. Funny, I am a jack of all trades master of many. I guess it did a pretty good breakdown. I was taught when taking these type tests, answer the questions as quick as you can, your initial response will be the most truthful. Go thinking about it too much you may get a fudged response.

Did not know what an Indigo child was, but from this link-www.mastersinstitute.org...

They are intolerant to absolute authority, rituals, institutions that do not function ethically or are cumbersome such as the legal system, government, big business and activities that require conformity (such as waiting in line). They often have a strong self-image and self-confidence that others may construe as arrogance, abrasiveness and feelings of entitlement. They are sensitive both emotionally and environmentally which may manifest as sensitivity to foods, dyes, world events, and other people’s moods.

Wow, I suppose if I read through that link more, I would find a perfect description of myself.

Question OP, it seems this link and the OP dates are kind of parallel. Is this link yours? If you are still around.

Ex

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Guess I'm A Rational Mastermind ( LOL ) INTJ

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just checked, the OP has not been back since November 2008, about two weeks after the initial post.

I think the link I have in the previous, could actually be the same people or person. Awfully parallel dates and study they were doing.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Jung, nice. I do not consider myself and indigo child (I don't even believe in it btw).

My taste is INFJ

Introverted 11
Intuitive 38
Feeling 25
Judging 22

Ofcourse, such a simple test does not say much about one's personality, but it's fun to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'am normal not indigo lol

I'am inventor rationalist (ETNP) like Walt Disney, Benjamin Franklin, Ray Kurtzweil, Buckminster Fuller, Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison, Camille Paglia, and Nicola Tesla.

Inventors begin building gadgets and mechanisms as young children, and never really stop, though as adults they will turn their inventiveness to many kinds of organizations, social as well as mechanical. There aren't many Inventors, say about two percent of the population, but they have great impact on our everyday lives. With their innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, Inventors are always on the lookout for a better way, always eyeing new projects, new enterprises, new processes. Always aiming to "build a better mousetrap."Inventors are keenly pragmatic, and often become expert at devising the most effective means to accomplish their ends. They are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that's the way they have been done. As a result, they often bring fresh, new approaches to their work and play. They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects. Thus they see product design not as an end in itself, but as a means to an end, as a way of devising the prototype that works and that can be brought to market. Inventors are confident in their pragmatism, counting on their ability to find effective ways and means when they need them, rather than making a detailed blueprint in advance. A rough idea is all they need to feel ready to proceed into action.

Inventors often have a lively circle of friends and are interested in their ideas and activities. They are usually easy-going, seldom critical or carping. Inventors can be engaging conversationalists, able to express their own complicated ideas and to follow the ideas of others. When arguing issues, however, they may deliberately employ debate skills to the serious disadvantage of their opponents.

Inventors are usually non-conformists in the workplace, and can succeed in many areas as long as the job does not involve too much humdrum routine. They make good leaders on pilot projects that test their ingenuity. And they are skilled at engineering human relationships and human systems, quickly grasping the politics of institutions and always wanting to understand the people within the system rather than tell them what to do. No matter what their occupation, however, Inventors display an extraordinary talent for rising to the demands of even the most impossible situations. "It can't be done" is a challenge to an Inventor and elicits a reaction of "I can do it."

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
33 38 62 11

Nice test.Good luck on your research.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No matter where I take these tests I come out as INTP.

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 88 38 56

For those that scored the same, this is a good read on the type of personality: Portrait of an INTP

Some key points that either outside persons have expressed to me about myself or items I can strongly identify with:

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. "

"INTPs value knowledge above all else. Their minds are constantly working to generate new theories, or to prove or disprove existing theories."

"They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations."

"The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people."

"On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand."

"If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. "

"If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately."

Some of my own thoughts:

I know that if I have not experienced a situation and I cannot apply a logical reason for emotions derived from such an experience, I become troubled and confused. Say, death. I have been blessed and fortunate to not have anyone close to me pass away except for a childhood friend. When they were on their last leg, I ran away. I didn't understand the feelings and could not find a reason to be emotionally distraught. While I have matured in such an area, there are still emotions I see in others that I have a hard time relating to if I do not see the logic in such emotions. I know that makes me sound cold and crass.

I will vigorously defend my principles if they are threatened directly or via a third party. While naturally quiet in new and large groups (I detest trying to fight for dominance in a conversation. One should not have to overcome another just to speak.), I will spend hours and hours with someone that intrigues me or can understand my somewhat scattered thoughts.

I have a million and one ideas running through my brain, yet I will never focus on any of them. I have ideas for multitudes of subjects, yet to sit and plan them out is too tasking.

If I am on a project and I can see the end in sight, I lose interest. Why complete something that you can easily foresee the completion and can say confidently that it will be completed?

Many find me complex. I keep a chaotic desk. I wear what I want without worry about what society thinks of me. I believe that he who commands their language is destined to go onto great things.

edit on 16-9-2010 by ownbestenemy because: To add...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

My scores used to look pretty identical to yours. Still do except I've gained ground in the feeling and judgment areas. I haven't a clue what age you are. I'm nearly 28. I went through the death of my little brother a few years back. At first, I was like how you describe. First I balled for about 60 seconds, then I reasoned through it, then I was seemingly okay. I reasoned that what was done was done, and the best we could do was to move on and let it be. I knew my little bro would want us all to be happy and not worry for him, plus it made no sense whatsoever as he was no longer suffering, that was all on the family and friends.

Well, that didn't last all too long. I had several more breakdowns over the months and years. I've now learned to grow through my shadow personality. I can experience deep feelings and understand how people can have this as their dominant side. We feel though our thoughts. Some think through their feelings. It's just how they are. I suggest you meditate on this, and also learn to be more judgmental. It doesn't make much natural sense for P's, but it will help you to grow and apply your brilliance in life. I think the more self-actualized a person is, the more balanced they are on each axis, except maybe the S-N axis. I think intuition is always better than sensation.

edit on 16-9-2010 by unityemissions because: grammar

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Thank you for the reply and advice.

One thing I do tend to do is meditate frequently. It is funny because people believe meditation is some guy sitting cross-legged and humming mantras, in which I explain my meditation involves going to a comfortable place where I know every sound, the air, etc to internalize my thoughts and work through any clutter that I may be experiencing.

As such, when I do meditate, I allow the racing thoughts to be acknowledged, but only briefly then push it out. It has allowed me to develop more sensing and give my intuition a bit of a break.

I have grown leaps and bounds ever since I first took a similar test in a college study. One that I believed allowed me to better understand myself. It has allowed me to understand my two children (kind of answers your question about age...31). I do not label them in any way or type of personality, but it gives me the ability to step out of my box to better help them develop themselves.

I have two polar opposites in my children. One has all the traits of myself.....best put is this: If he were a chess player, he would re-invent the rules of the game to best suit his understanding of piece movement. Not to cheat, but because it would make more sense.

My other, is deeply emotional but I have learned to understand how it is not a weakness (as I used to think emotions unbridled and seemingly random were such) but rather his strength to be able to empathize and express his thoughts and experiences.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The test was crap - you can't choose on some questions.

What is that about?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i took the test a little faster than i would have liked to but heres what i got
Introverted- 33%
Intuitive- 62%
Feeling- 25%
Perceiving- 22%

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join