It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the indigo children out there...can you take this personality test?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceyeeh

Uh, here's what I got
INFP

moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Introverted 33% Intuitive 38% Feeling 68% Perceiving 44%

[edit on 9-10-2009 by emosun16]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by emosun16

I took the test
I passed
I'm an indigo

BUT THE REALITY IS THERE IS NO INDIGO. IT'S CALLED AN INFERIORITY COMPLEX WHERE PEOPLE MAKE UP FOR THEIR SHORT COMINGS BY MAKING THEM SELF FEEL SPECIAL

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Your Type is INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences % 33 62 38 11

distinctively expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

All my life I felt like I wandered into the wrong country at the wrong century. Encountered the term "indigo" two years ago while doing research on personality types. Coz I never fit into anything. When I opened that website, it's like everything in it resonates to who I am. I felt a strange whirl of energy vibrating in every part of my body. Like it always does when something I sense will happen is happening. Never mind those who say "indigo" is just another label; that it is not true. The only certainty that matters lie in one's heart. The truth that matters is that which helps to realize oneself as a God-like being.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
75 50 75 22

heres mine if it helps.

regards

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Your Type is
INFJ
11 50 12 22

You are:
slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

this scares me a bit ... it just described me :S hmmm

that being said I dont like how it finishes off with "This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena." thats just silly...

~TR~

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
INFJ
33 38 38 1

Idealist - Portrait of the Counselor

This was unusually accurate for me.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Your Type is:
INTP (the Architect)
Introverted 56%
Intuitive 12%
Thinking 25%
Perceiving 11%

slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them. Prcise, correcting others, not liking failure and second-guessing themselves, esay going and amniable until their principles are violated when they can become outspoken and inflexible, but don't want to make specticles of themselves. Logical, liking systems or maths and it mentions chemistry and philosophy and muscial stuff too.

Yep, sounds like me.

I don't think I'm an indigo child btw.

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have taken this test a few times and always comes out the same.

Your Type is:

INTP

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

67 75 38 39

The results are fairly accurate to my actual personality. I won't re-post the description however, since that has been done numerous times already in this thread.

I do not consider myself an indigo, or even buy into the indigo idea btw...

Still, these tests can be interesting to take.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
oooo well this is interesting, check out all the introverts on ATS! What a shock.

I'm an ENFJ, and (for better and worse) it pretty much describes me and what I do with my life.

Unlike some others here tho (see, that's the J part), I'd argue that I'm not 'doing what I'm supposed to be doing,' really it just means that Jung was a genius and understood people and their motivations.

ENFJ description.

Edited to say... I'm not an indigo child. If any supernatural abilities do manifest themselves, I'll be sure to let you all know.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceyeeh

Not really sure what Indigo children are... I'll have to google it, but this thread caught my eye and I took the test.... This is what came out:

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

56 75 62 22

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.

Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.

Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people's skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

A full description of the Teacher and the Idealists is in People Patterns or Please Understand Me II

* Well i'd have to say that I agree.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Extraverted 11
Intuitive 38
Thinking 50
Judging 83

ENTJ

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition it is marshaling or situational organizing role that reaches the highest development in the Fieldmarshal. As this kind of role is practiced some contingency organizing is necessary, so that the second suit of the Fieldmarshal's intellect is devising contingency plans. Structural and functional engineering, though practiced in some degree in the course of organizational operations, tend to be not nearly as well developed and are soon outstripped by the rapidly growing skills in organizing. But it must be said that any kind of strategic exercise tends to bring added strength to engineering as well as organizing skills.

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures

They cannot not build organizations, and cannot not push to implement their goals. When in charge of an organization, whether in the military, business, education, or government, Fieldmarshals more than any other type desire (and generally have the ability) to visualize where the organization is going, and they seem able to communicate that vision to others. Their organizational and coordinating skills tends to be highly developed, which means that they are likely to be good at systematizing, ordering priorities, generalizing, summarizing, at marshaling evidence, and at demonstrating their ideas. Their ability to organize, however, may be more highly developed than their ability to analyze, and the Fieldmarshal leader may need to turn to an Inventor or Architect to provide this kind of input.

Fieldmarshals will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of their work. Superb administrators in any field - medicine, law, business, education, government, the military - Fieldmarshals organize their units into smooth-functioning systems, planning in advance, keeping both short-term and long-range objectives well in mind. For the Fieldmarshal, there must always be a goal-directed reason for doing anything, and people's feelings usually are not sufficient reason. They prefer decisions to be based on impersonal data, want to work from well thought-out plans, like to use engineered operations - and they expect others to follow suit. They are ever intent on reducing bureaucratic red tape, task redundancy, and aimless confusion in the workplace, and they are willing to dismiss employees who cannot get with the program and increase their efficiency. Although Fieldmarshals are tolerant of established procedures, they can and will abandon any procedure when it can be shown to be ineffective in accomplishing its goal. Fieldmarshals root out and reject ineffectiveness and inefficiency, and are impatient with repetition of error.

Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall are examples of Rational Fieldmarshals

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just did this for the heck of it

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 78
Intuitive 38
Thinking 62
Judging 22

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So I Googled Indigo Children.... very interesting. Here is one of the websites that I was reading, I don't know how legit it is.

www.starchild.co.za...

Thought it was interesting how it mentioned ADHD. I was diagnosed in college and was always told i was a "very active child." I got kicked out of a lot of activity as a kid for being to active! Go figure.

Not sure if I believe the "Indigo" label. Seems to be a personality trait more than a generation of people, but then again who am I to judge. There is defiantly a lot that is unknown in our world.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet84

Yea, I have ADD and i can agree that medication only hinders the thought process overall. I'm not claiming to be Indigo or whatever the term is, but what they say on that is true. I would get in trouble for staring off and not paying attention when i was thinking about something else.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I perceive the indigo-discourse to be a manifestation of spiritual narcissism.
I took the test out of curiosity though (because the basis of MBTI is developed by Jung) and am a...

INTP

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My friend told me to take this test once, and she predicted that I would be an INTP.

I didn't know what that meant, so I took the test and sure enough:

INTP

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
took this jung typology 'test' in college psyche class,
dont call myself an 'indigo child',
but i am INFJ. lol

and it all fits perfectly.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Ahmose]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi all

Im not saying that I'm a Indigo...but If there is something real about the Indigo, crystal etc.etc I fit the description of an Indigo well.

Anyway my results was INFP

Introverted 22%
Intuitiv 50%
Feeling 25%
Perceiving 11%

Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.
Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

SatNam

[edit on 4/22/2010 by eriathwen]

[edit on 4/22/2010 by eriathwen]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi All,

I don't think I'm an Indigo Child, but

Here's mine:

Idealist: Portrait of the Counselor (INFJ)

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Dredge]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
INTJ But I don't know if I am Indigo. If it even exists. I may be If it does exist. I fit a lot of the traits normally.

Scored 81% intuitive/67 introverted/39 judging/1 percent thinking.

One of my careers for INTJ is Information System Specialist, which I am attending school for!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ldyserenity]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join