It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Thread--Very Recent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm sure that the July 2008 upgrades & modifications have lost some data & has been noticed by a lot of people already, but this is something that happened within the past 24 hours of my posting here.

The thread in question here is/was titled: Dual Citizenship *An American Mistake*

On the "My ATS" page, I'd subscribed to that thread & posted on it less than 24 hours ago. Even in the subscription list, it's indicated that at least one (possibly more) people have posted there after I last did (last listed poster is AntiZion)...But I clicked for the thread today & got the dreaded page:

ERROR: You've Requested A Page
That No Longer Exists

On July 28th, 2007, we underwent a significant upgrade to our servers and technology infrastructure. Part of that upgrade included some modifications to the information architecture across several sites. Perhaps you followed an old link, or used a bookmark to an old page, or, it may even be possible that you (or someone else) mistyped a link to our sites.

I used the ATS Search function to see if the thread had merely been moved accidently without updating the linking-address...No such luck. I even tried to find it by checking the thread-link from AntiZion's member profile page...Again, no luck. From my efforts to find it, the thread seems to truly not exist anymore.

What I'm wondering is...How did an upgrade about 3 months ago have this kind of effect on a thread that's had very recent, positive activity?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, that thread was shut down and deleted sometime yesterday afternoon or evening.

And, I think that page (the July 2007 update page) always comes up when you either don't have access to a certain part of the board or a thread or post has been removed/deleted.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, I don't think those suggestions are involved in the problem: For one thing, I have tried to access a thread that was deliberately "Trash Binned" before & got the specific notice, as such.

I don't remember which specific Topic that the thread used to be in, because that's not noted in the Subscription List in My ATS. But, the last poster was AntiZion, which is noted on his/her profile page as having registered for membership just yesterday, so the thread couldn't have been in RATS...It takes at least some buildup of points to access RATS & it's unlikely such a newly-registered member could have posted there.

Besides that, I've kept up with long-term RATS access myself.

The thread itself was already 2 or 3 pages long before it disappeared, so if it was in any other Topic or Board that I couldn't access anyway, then I should have never even been able to post on it at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was posted about in the ATS issues thread yesterday, so it did disappear. It didn't get moved; it seems to have been deleted.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The thread was removed by staff because the OP was 99% Plagarism from an article posted over a year ago.

As noted above, if you have any problems with the decision, please raise them in the issues thread.

Thread closed.

[edit on 29/1008/08 by neformore]

new topics

top topics

join