It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executions, Torture in North Korea 'Worse Than Animal Slaughter'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
Please enlighten us, what have these people done to deserve being counted for less than an animal?

If you were brutally murdered would you count yourself less than the animals of the earth?

What exactly have humans done to be counted as MORE important than animals, huh?

If I were brutally murdered I surely would NOT be thinking "wow...animals deserve this sort of treatment, but I am human so I should be treated this way".

Both are horrendous, both SCREAM AND SUFFER when tortured. Any sentient being could see that, but not all are capable of seeing that huh? It feels good to say YOU are above the animals, YOU are more important, YOU suffer and feel pain and the others are to stupid or just not born on YOUR level.

Easy to say huh? Makes it easy to justify things too doesn't it? And that is EXACTLY what people will say about YOU if they decide to make YOU suffer. You are not like them, you are a disident, you aren't as smart, or maybe you are the enemy, you are different therefore your pain is not equal.

Might be nice for justifying some things, but it isn't so nice when you end up on the "otherside" of that argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by Sonya610
Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens

What exactly have humans done to be counted as MORE important than animals, huh?

Absolutely nothing, I don't consider humans MORE important than animals, we both have nervous systems and the 5 senses, we both suffer and feel pain, we both are lifeforms with intelligence therefore humans are not MORE important than animals and animals are not MORE important than humans.

Both are horrendous, both SCREAM AND SUFFER when tortured.

Absolutely correct, and it's SAD when either a human or animal has to suffer.

Any sentient being could see that, but not all are capable of seeing that huh?

I agree, some humans do not see it that way and those people are just as bad as the people who believe animals are more important than humans.
It can work both ways, animals and humans are both lifeforms that feel pain, never one above the other in both directions.

It feels good to say YOU are above the animals, YOU are more important, YOU suffer and feel pain and the others are to stupid or just not born on YOUR level.

I have no idea how that would feel because I have never considered humans to be more important than animals the same way I have never considered animals to be more important than humans.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join