It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia To Enforce Mandatory Chinese-Style Internet Censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com

The Australian government is set to impose Chinese-style Internet censorship by enforcing a universal national filter that will block websites deemed “controversial,” as part of a wider agenda to regulate the Internet according to free speech advocates.

Human Rights Watch has condemned internet censorship, and argued to the US Senate “there is a real danger of a Virtual Curtain dividing the internet, much as the Iron Curtain did during the Cold War, because some governments fear the potential
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Those are some comments in the article. But the last paragraph is the most telling of all. Government officals want to stop the truth telling on the internet. They want to stop youtube along with forums like this, that links to other articles. Our internet freedom and free speech is slowly but surely being taken away. Besides you will see in the article, the government monitors who goes to what site. I know when I went to a conspiracy site last week, a blue screen popped up on my computer and said: "your computer is being emptied of all it's memory" and then at the end it said " all memory has been copied". It told me to shut down my computer - I thought it was a joke at first, but then I couldn't get out of the screen. I shut down the computer and when it booted back up, a windows screen popped up saying my computer had a fatal flaw and my memory had been wiped, but it was now fixed. Has anyone else had that? Is it the government copying all the sites I have been to?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep anyone that moved to aussie land to get away from the nwo, is stupid. They will just as uk is, be used in other ways to test various things.

Yesterday, even though i live in london, i was banned from a forum on the net just for telling the truth, about what the government does.

Is this the way of the future, who knows, but i am sure they do not want to talking about what i was talking about.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yes of course this is the way of the future. Some nerdball overlord put together the terrorists and the internet - so now that is in need of control and limitation, too. Just like television and radio...

In order to disrupt dissent and control the actions of the inferiors, we must not let them communicate or we will be overrun and destroyed. - Nerdball Overlord (true story)

Come on guys, I mean really...how long do good things last, ever? We have had the internet for far too long with out regulation, censorship, and monitoring. Honestly, I don't why any of us thinks we have a right to this - we didn't build it, why should we get to use it? We are merely cattle and animals of burden, simpleton test subjects and a resource to be exploited and disposed of.

Long live the Queen! Long live the Empire!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Have a look here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres some good info on how to try and stop this from happening

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

This, and actions like it by various states, will eventually ensure violent revolt. These tyrants want control. They will not allow people to communicate except one-way communication from the state.

It's a damn shame that people are not rising up en mass at these incremental loss of liberties...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join