It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hate Joe The Plumber?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

One more time... Joe's life is not in turmoil because he asked Obama a question. His life is in turmoil, if you care to call it that, because McCain in debate #3, and McCain and Palin in every appearance since have brought up Joe over and over and over and over and over and over and...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
This is pretty funny Dem's calling him a plant,weren't they the ones doing the interviews?,To me he is just an average Joe,now because he asked a legitimate question his life is in turmoil because of these so called liberals,they are quick to point fingers ,but in reality should be pointing at themselves

The fact his life is in turmoil is his own fault, and McCain's fault.

McCain thrust him into the public spotlight...

however, this would not have been a big deal, had Joe obeyed the law, and paid his taxes and had the proper license for his profession.

Its ok though, It appears he's given up plumbing and wants to be a congressman now

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He could be a plant, and I suspect it, but I don't have anything but circumstantial evidence. Google "Joe the Plumber" plant and you'll find some interesting connections to Wasilla and Alaska. But I don't really care if he is a plant and that certainly doesn't make me hate him.

Edit. I wish him good luck in his Congressional run.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Seems like it would be really difficult for him to be a plant...

this wasn't a rally or anything... Obama was walking down the street, meeting the locals and walked down his street as he was raking leaves (According to him).

For McCain to know exactly where Obama would be, and send an official out to brief and prepare a local guy wouldn't seem likely... I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it doesn't seem likely.

If Joe didn't live on that street that obama was walking down, its a simple matter of public records search on Google that you can get a current address...

if the address didn't match the street, I think we'd be seeing a whole different picture of joe in the media.

and you know, some reporter somewhere would do the homework.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
reply to post by Oldtimer2

One more time... Joe's life is not in turmoil because he asked Obama a question. His life is in turmoil, if you care to call it that, because McCain in debate #3, and McCain and Palin in every appearance since have brought up Joe over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Even after that, he could have told the reporters to leave him alone and filed complaints with the police department. Instead he is going to every media outlet possible the keep himself in the spotlight.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He WAS a plant. I am in Ohio and he had been on several right-wing radio shows before he went out to see Obama at a rally. Come'on guys, he's a McCain guy not an average Joe. It's just more misleading, "I'm one of you" type scams. Why can't McCain just stand up and say the truth about things?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i dont see how mccain can use joe as an example when he doesnt own the company or earns over $250k. Could they not find someone who does and is willing to publicly support mccain?

i think its more to do with the "dream" thats so heavily peddled in america. Maybe joe thinks he one day could own the company or earn over $250k and god forbid if that does happen joe doesnt want to pay extra tax.

in the intervening years joes dream of being rich stays intact while the schools & other public services remain underfunded. maybe joe should stop dreaming and live in the present instead of dreaming of a hypothetical future.

edit: damwell thats intersting i never heard that before, maybe he is a plant.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And another thing after the interview I heard Joe being called a skinhead and other discerning things,grow up a lot of people shave their heads it's somewhat of a style,wouldn't that be considered racial profiling?,my oldest boy shaves his head not a racist bone in him

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
And another thing after the interview I heard Joe being called a skinhead and other discerning things,grow up a lot of people shave their heads it's somewhat of a style,wouldn't that be considered racial profiling?,my oldest boy shaves his head not a racist bone in him

Yes, that is highly unfair. someone calling him that is just mudslinging.

I'd keep the standard of proof you expect here on ATS, and apply it in the real world

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Proof? Link? Anything?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deathhasnosound

Well, because he was made a hero... and later found out to be a fraud.

Same reason I dislike most politicians.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Joe the plumber represents republican american alright...

He aint a plumber
His bosses company aint worth half $250,000
He been running from his tax payments meanwhile other hard working folks have to pay it,
And his totally in the dark as the the reality that he will actually get his taxes cut under Obama, infact, he will actually get a better deal under Obama than under mccain

Yep... Joe the (fake) plumber is certainly the face of republican america.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Well, because he was made a hero... and later found out to be a fraud.

Same reason I dislike most politicians.

How is he a fraud? the guy asked a simple question and Obama choked and stuck his foot in his mouth.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

Are you saying there is not one plumbing company in the US that makes $250k?
Are you saying that Joe doesn't have a chance in hell of ever owning a plumbing company that could make $250k?
Are you seriously saying this?

I feel sorry for you being so pessimistic. With that attitude you will forver have your hand out waiting for the government to take care of you.
Like a little bird, beak wide open saying "momma, momma"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well, for starters, he's not even a plumber. He just works for a plumber.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just want to register my opinion that the title of the thread is moot to the point of silliness. I didn't hear anyone express "hate" towards Mr. Samuel J Wurzelbacher a.k.a. Joe the Plumber.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Let's stay on topic.
Nobody hates S.J.Wurzelbacher.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

Well, for starters, he's not even a plumber. He just works for a plumber.
He says he is a plumber, who are you to judge? are you the official plumber judge? have you seen him plumb and thought "hey, he doen't know what he is doing"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

He's not licsenced.

And, it would seem he has a few tax problems already.

TextOct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- ``Joe the plumber,'' the Toledo, Ohio, man whose complaints about Barack Obama's tax plan were highlighted by John McCain in the final presidential debate, owes the state of Ohio almost $1,200 in back income taxes.

www.bloomberg.com...

For the record, I don't hate him. In fact, I think he's been a detriment to McCain, which suits me just fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes

He's not licsenced.

Well, you can either be a licensed plumber or a non licensed plumber. But a plumber just the same.
Look If you knew the construction business you would understand this point.

Besides that why does it matter if he has a lien? times are hard out here for a pimp.
Lots of good people have liens, its the economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join