It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is the Lucid Pill gonna get here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Who doesn't like to lucid dream? that's like saying who doesn't like to day dream, because its basically the same thing, just 10x more real.

I have been waiting for a "true" lucid dream pill to hit the pharmacy shelves for a while. There are supplements out there that "enhance" vividness and make you more apt to lucid dream, same with various techniques, which work on occasion,(dream-log, reality tests, expectation theory) but there still isn't a straight up 98% positive "going to have multiple lucid dreams" pill on the market.

Who is with me here? If you could have guaranteed lucid dreams every night, the company selling the stuff would be gazillionaires. It would be like packing an day's worth of entertainment to your imagination's content all the while not losing precious time, because you're asleep

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's better to program your subconscious for you to have lucid dreams every time you sleep instead of a pill, which will probably come with side effects.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There already is a pill that is used by some lucid dreamers to aid in their travels. Its called Melatonin and can be picked up at Vitamin World.

I dont personally use it, but many do.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
you could also go for the natural "pill" its called Calea zacatechichi and its a herb used by the mexican shamans, i belive they make a tea out of it and drink it just before sleep.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You could always start smoking cigarettes and then go on Chantix. That stuff works for lucid dreaming. I don't recommend either though. That Chantix is horrible.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Why would you want a pill to aid in something that should be a 'natural' thing?

That would be like taking a pill for something as natural as feeling happy, oh wait......

That would be like taking a pill for something as natural as losing weight, oh wait......

That would be like taking a pill for something as natural as keeping an erection, oh wait......

That would be like taking a pill for something as natural as regulating blood flow, oh wait......

You may be on to something....nevermind my skepticism....it appears the world may be ready for this.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i have yet to experience lucid dreams or OoBEs, and despite only trying and being interested in it for just over a year, i do not think a pill is the way to go.

the argument of only using natural means is valid and worth researching into, but opposition from me stems against the mindset of instant gratification. i fall prey to this every day too with the pampered lifestyle i share residing in a 'wealthy' country, but when it comes to matters of the mind/body/spirit, we must slow back down.

what is to gain from being able to lucid dream not from your OWN will but from a specially-crafted chemical pill? it teaches you to find power in it and not yourself, to find power only through others and their means.

self-control and discipline seem to be archaic words describing a lifestyle of conservation, but in reality, it's the one way we are most free.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There are already drugs that do this legal and illegal, such as salvia, dmt, mushrooms, other south american plants etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I do not think there is any ''surefire'' way to get lucid dreams through some special magic pill.

Almost everything that is used are drugs/herbs or w/e that either contain a lot of Vitamine B's or contain substances that increase the chance of getting at the least - a dream, and perhaps even a lucid dream.

But as far as it goes to have a pill readily available that actually triggers ''consciousness'' in dreams, I believe there are none.

Not that I mind really, I have lots of lucid dreams so I can't really be bothered lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
I do not think there is any ''surefire'' way to get lucid dreams through some special magic pill.

oh, i do not think our scientists couldn't make this pill...it would just fall under the category of psychoactive and be immediately placed into whatever schedule of banned drugs the gov't wishes.

unless marketing gurus figure out a way to transmit their advertisements with this drug WHILE you are having this lucid dream, it will not see the legal light of day. then at this point, you have a non-lucid factor into your lucid dream, and do you really want that?

again, quick results aren't always the best, unless you just want to entertain yourself and that's it. what a waste of a gift if this be the only case.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know...

There is a reason why there are so many machines out there to increase your chances to get a lucid dream.

And those work by scanning eye movement and responding appropiately.

To trigger ''consciousness'' at a very specific time would most probably require some kind of programming, and I doubt that a regular magic pill will be able to achieve this, as every person is different and might react differently to such a pill. What if you get sleep deprivation because of this ''heightened'' consciousness? Then you can't even lucid dream.

Rather than using your (Imho) wishful thinking pills, you might want to check into devices (can be bought online) that help you get lucid dreams.

They work by scanning your eyes until they are certain you reached REM-stage, and then giving you a signal, which can be an audible one, or a visual one. (This usually gets into your dream in a certain manner).

+ They don't disappear when you swallow.
- They cost a crapload of money and although they do increase probability of lucid dreaming, you need to have a basic amount of ''dreamskillz'' to have any use for this.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well if it ever comes out I want one.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan

oh, i do not think our scientists couldn't make this pill...it would just fall under the category of psychoactive and be immediately placed into whatever schedule of banned drugs the gov't wishes.

lol, other than forgetting reality, I don't see any harmful side effects from dreaming while conscious...this would end up being an entertainment drug that you couldn't OD on, nor get addicted. I don't see the government banning it if it doesn't interfere with anything in the physical.

+ They don't disappear when you swallow.
- They cost a crapload of money and although they do increase probability of lucid dreaming, you need to have a basic amount of ''dreamskillz'' to have any use for this.

There is nothing out right now that has a 9/10 effectiveness for having lucid dreams every night (for the average person). You say you doubt a pill that is digested has the ability to reprogram your mind into complete lucidity every night, but I doubt that.

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Why would you want a pill to aid in something that should be a 'natural' thing?
Dorian Soran

I know this was rhetorical but, we are cheaters, when ever we find out that something natural isn't consistent, what do we do? and I really would not count something like this as a "beneficial drug" unless tapping into your consiousness reveals hidden knowledge for you - a capsule that you take before sleeping to achieve lucidity every time, would be nothing more than taking advantage of your sleep.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'd hate to experience the side effects of a sure fire lucid dream pill.

"Side effects may include: shattering of reality, schizophrenia, random levitation, stigmata, and occasionally some patient report becoming the mofuggin' Messiah. Use Lucidia only as prescribed. Do not....move.... while taking Lucidia. Watch out for wormholes."

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I'd hate to experience the side effects of a sure fire lucid dream pill.

"Side effects may include: shattering of reality, schizophrenia, random levitation, stigmata, and occasionally some patient report becoming the mofuggin' Messiah. Use Lucidia only as prescribed. Do not....move.... while taking Lucidia. Watch out for wormholes."

lol - Ok , worst case scenario, you end up like Tom Cruise in real life*, after his experience in Vanilla Sky.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
lol, other than forgetting reality, I don't see any harmful side effects from dreaming while conscious...this would end up being an entertainment drug that you couldn't OD on, nor get addicted. I don't see the government banning it if it doesn't interfere with anything in the physical.

yeah because the gov't has been so very rational in what they have deemed as illegal in the past. the gov't is scared of any drug that causes one to hallucinate or other highly psychoactive effects, and they have put all those mind drugs on the highest schedule of banning possible.

i'm for the individual deciding what to take, not the gov't, so i'm not saying they SHOULD ban it. i am just saying the gov't WOULD inevitably.

top topics

join