It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China may save the world from crisis and minimize USA's financial supremacy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

China may save the world from crisis and minimize USA's financial supremacy

www.blacklistednews.com

China ’s powerful economy and enormous international reserves may eventually become the only potential platform for the recovery of the world economy. The Chinese GDP gained nine percent in the third quarter of the current year, having dropped 1.1 percent vs. the second quarter of 2008. Even if the national GDP reduces to 7.5 percent, as many analysts predict, the Chinese economy will continue to demonstrate outstanding dynamics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.market watch.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
How China has Created a New Slave Empire in Africa.
United States Sanctions China! Just in!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think most everyone know that China is the fastest growing world economic power. It does go beyond that though. The question is what will China do with its economic power, as well as its military? My best guess would be it would devolp areas that would serv its needs, such as possible oil fields in places like Sudan. But lets not forget, it is the rest of the world, U.S. being the for runner, purchasing all of Chinas goods that are makeing this possible.

www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I wonder what the collapse of Chinas supporting economies will do to its GDP. They rely upon the US to consume all of the crap that it makes. If the US can no longer afford to buy the trash, surely their economy will suffer. What % of their export industry is for things that other countries can not live without?

I will be curious to see how well China comes out of this mess. It could be peachy like the article suggests, but I could also see it suffer greatly because of this as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

We only account for about 8% of Chinas exports. I've seen some speculation that they are reaching the point where they may become self sufficient, and if they are still seeing 7% growth with all the world's major importers cutting back, it could be true. They have a domestic market of 1.3 billion people...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen when the US dollar is so low in value that China, who holds the biggest reserve of that currency in the world, decides to get rid of it...

I also have the idea that the part of the economy made from US-export is just a starter for them. When it fails, they have plenty of other partners in that field world-wide with growing economies (like India) to make up for that loss. Besides, harbouring such enormous ammount of people, maybe the industrial empire they have brought up will be self-sufficient (and hopefully can focus on QUALITY instead of quantity...
)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The rest of the world is feeling this crisis as well. I have to think that China is not as well off as this article would make them out to be.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who is posting

I tend to think that despite the economic down turn China is still peachy and in a very dominant position in the world. Not that I can back that up with anything out side of this thread, it is mostly still just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

www.blacklistednews.com

... The Chinese GDP gained nine percent in the third quarter of the current year, having dropped 1.1 percent vs. the second quarter of 2008. ...

I wonder if this 'downturn' is from other nations refusing to accept Chinese tainted & sometimes deadly products ??

the world has experienced imports of Chinese pet foods, baby formulas,
with deadly melamine in the product... doing what the predatory capitalists in the west aspire to... making max profits by cutting any corners they can.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That is a very good point Udio. Max profits by cutting safety.
Something else, it could be used to create chaos, say by a terror group.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So, let us ask the question. Will the world benefit from the Chinese administration paying the piper for the tune that we all dance to? China may well be seen as "saving" the world economy however, to what effect.

Can such a favour go unpaid?

Consider that in spite of the advances in GDP, it still has one of the worst human rights records of all industrialised countries.

Adolf Hitler turned Germany from a downward economic spiral and until the fighting actually started was seen by many nations as a great example of getting a country up on its feet and a success. Remember how that turned out.

Of course, that is not to say that visions of a vast empire are in the air, but we have to consider who really benefits from intervention by China. Sure, the band-aid will help America in the short term, but, could the patient become a prisoner of the doctor?

American corporations have no respect for human rights - evident in Google's approach to censorship on behalf of the Chinese government. Do you think other corporations will be more humanitarian?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

From memory only 8% of China's GDP comes from exports to the U.S. Most of their growth is internally generated - not hard to grow a large economy with such a mighty population when they were left so far behind the Western world by their past task masters. It's a kind of catch-up phase and will take at least twenty years, but the world's so-called leaders need to wake up and realise that the world cannot grow forever and it is coming time to measure success by something other than economics which has led to devastation throughout the world, both in terms of people's quality of life and the environmental rape by corporations. What about measures of happiness, good health, freedom, choices....

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

The rest of the world is feeling this crisis as well. I have to think that China is not as well off as this article would make them out to be.

China aren't as well off as most think, The company my dad works for just put off 200 workers who were due to start building a new process plant for Iron Ore. There are many other companies facing the same issue.
China has cut back production, obviously because of the downturn of the USA.

Solution? China like what we're trying to do here in Australia is to stimulate the economy. Should pull China out of the hole, Australia along with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen

...the world cannot grow forever and it is coming time to measure success by something other than economics which has led to devastation throughout the world, both in terms of people's quality of life and the environmental rape by corporations. What about measures of happiness, good health, freedom, choices....

You can't put happiness, good health, freedom, choices in your bank account, it won't even buy you a lambourgini or even a BMW.
It's a culture of selfishness and egotism, humanity must stop worshiping wealth, and be taught that, that is selfish insecure greed and not something to aspire to. And taught that if we help each other we all become wealthy.

What about China's human rights when they control the economy?
Perhaps with greater responsibility, maybe they will choose to lead by example and decide to clean up their act a bit.
Or maybe not.

sty

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
China is already self-sufficient. The proof- they did not recognise the Russian states of Georgia. China does not need technological advances from Russia anymore as their own level is hight + developing at a faster rate. China IS already the superpoer of the planet , however I am not sure what they have in mind for the future..
We will only survive by making an alliance EU-US-Canada etc , just to balance the power of China. Muslims can make their own Arabic Union after the EU model , however I do not see spectacular progress in the arabic world once the petrol is over.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Meet The World's New Reserve Currency: The Chinese Yuan
ATS Link

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
after the US collapses from its own ignorance and arrogance, will the Chinese come as invaders or saviors?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You have to remember to the poorer people get the more, rubbish they will surely be buying from china, in £1 shops etc...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The direction they seem to be intending on pursuing will be to become a more democratic nation. This was in our Vancouver Sun, so I researched for a thread instantly: www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think China is going to have many surprises for the world in the next 10 years.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Mystiq
I would really like to think they are becoming a more democratic nation, but I don't think thats going to happen. I rember the student demonstrations from years past. That did bring change but only in an economic way. They do not have free access to the net. I don't see the Chinese higher Archy ever giving up power willingly.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by RedGolem

I wonder what the collapse of Chinas supporting economies will do to its GDP. They rely upon the US to consume all of the crap that it makes. If the US can no longer afford to buy the trash, surely their economy will suffer. What % of their export industry is for things that other countries can not live without?

I will be curious to see how well China comes out of this mess. It could be peachy like the article suggests, but I could also see it suffer greatly because of this as well.

I think you are right.
They would be nothing without the rest of the world to buy there crap.
When we stop buying where will they get there cash?
I think no country would be doing well if America collapsed.
Clearly some would be better off than others but China would be one of the hardest hit relying mostly on exports.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join