It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gets one banished from heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I dont wanna hear anyone type not accepting JC. Isnt there something in the bible about blasphemy or something that gives the big boot?

I believe that a priest would not tell a person if they are screwed because he would want that person to join the church and give 10%.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
What gets one banished from heaven?

I dont know..... Being an a$$hole?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hmm, nothing that I know of, but ask 'The Son of the Morningstar', aka, Lucifer, he may help with an answer....then again, he may not.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Read Paradise Lost by Milton. That should give you an idea. Mostly, things like standing up for yourself, pride, dignity...

DE

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Did you earn that award Ocelot?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
the only way you can be sure you DONT go to hell... is make sure you dont believe in heaven or hell... but i guess that gaurantees not going to heaven either...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well i'd assume not following the ten commandments and not repenting would get you banished...I'm not too sure there are a lot of things that could get you banished I guess.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Did you earn that award Ocelot?

I sure did!! 100%!!

And I was serious with my answer

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lets pretend we are some dreamy world where good people go to heaven and everyone else can go to hell.

Now where are the bible thumpers because I wanna hear what they say will get one banished. My theory is I have already done it so Im damned.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
jrod,
Your question asserts that one is in heaven and that you are asking 'how does one get banished from heaven'?

If your not in heaven, you cannot be 'banished'.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I never understand when people ask for information and then go on to insult the people they want answer from. It is very immature and shows disrespect for people of other beliefs. Is this a real question or a designed attack?

When Jesus came to earth he destroyed all of the previous religious laws. Jesus tells the religious leaders that he will destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days. Of course they laugh. Is Jesus planning on taking a sledgehammer to the temple and then using his carpentry skills to rebuild it in three days? No, he is speaking metaphorically. Jesus dies and three days later rises from the dead to fulfill the prophecy � destroying the old laws of the temple and rebuilding the religion in a new form - Christianity.

Jesus gave humanity two commandments to follow.

1. The Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with your entire mind, and with all your strength. Worship God above all other things.

2. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated.

Follow those two simple laws and you should get into heaven. But then again, I'm not God and I do not claim to be able to see into the hearts of other men.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Jesus gave humanity two commandments to follow.

1. The Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with your entire mind, and with all your strength. Worship God above all other things.

2. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Treat your fellow man as you wish to be treated.

Those 2 seem to make the most sense. No need for 10. If you follow those 2 you should be fine. So I guess my answer made sense if you look at #2. If you are an a$$hole to people then you wont get into heaven and/or get banished from it.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What was the insult "bible thumpers"? Get over it, you should be proud of your faith not take the defensive and you need not take it as insult. I am not trying to attack your faith but I am extremly discourages of the attitude I get from Christians, most of which have 0 faith and get off on gossiping about each other. This is just what I have observed and heard from christian social groups and there are a few who are good christians and lord knows we need more of those in the world.

Thank you for your inight zerotime, but isnt blasphemy unforgovible in the Lord's eyes?

Seekerof: Neato point but I still wanna hear what Christians have to say about blasphemy.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What was the insult "bible thumpers"? Get over it, you should be proud of your faith not take the defensive and you need not take it as insult. I am not trying to attack your faith but I am extremly discourages of the attitude I get from Christians, most of which have 0 faith and get off on gossiping about each other. This is just what I have observed and heard from Christian social groups and there are a few who are good Christians and lord knows we need more of those in the world.

I agree. At least 50% or more of Christians are only Christians by name. But then again, we are all weak human beings. Christians are not prefect people.

I'm not insulted, but I think it is narrow minded to lump all people of any religion into the same group. You will never get a good debate or real answers by putting people down. It will only leads to flames.

but isn�t blasphemy unforgivable in the Lord's eyes?

The bible says if you deny God and Jesus then God will not forgive you. This goes toward rule number 1. Worship God above all other things. You cannot worship God with all of the strength of your heart and at the same time say God sucks and does not exist.

When Jesus came to Earth he wiped away all sin - from every man - from the beginning until the end of time. If you are a sinner/blasphemer and repent your sins, start a new life and follow the rules of Jesus Christ then your sins will be forgiven. This is where the term "Born Again" comes from. The life of the sinner is dead and a new life begins. These changes cannot be made with just the lips. The change must be made from the heart and be shown by actions. Only God can see into the hearts of men to know if they are sincere or not. In other words men may be able to fool other men here on earth, but God is not fooled by frauds.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
OK, first I wanna know how I was putting anyone down? What I see is what you get, of course my account will be flawed for I am only human, but I have given church a chance and never found the fellowship I needed to live a Christian life.

I was certain that there was something in the bible in the NT about an unforgivable sin. Im going to try to look up and post it late tommorow, i need sleep now.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I believe you could be refering to: "Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven." Mathew 12:31

Blasphemy again the spirit is teaching people that the Bible is wrong and that there is not a God and that Jesus was not real. If you are committing Blasphemy of the Spirit there is a slim chance of getting to Heaven unless you seriously turn your life around and make amends for the error, but even then I'm not 100% sure. I'm not God and cannot judge. God does not seem to like it when people lead others away from Him.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I believe you are talking about he unforgivable sin. blasphemy against the holy spirit. Like saying somthing that God did was the devil, now doing this isn't as easy as it sounds, I believe, that you would have to auctually know that God did it , then say the devil did it. And sense there is no sin in heaven, then in result a person with a unforgivable sin in theory could not get in. Nothing will get you the big boot.

new topics

top topics

join