It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain campaign accuses L.A. Times of 'suppressing' Obama video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

McCain campaign accuses L.A. Times of 'suppressing' Obama video

www.latimes.com

John McCain's presidential campaign Tuesday accused the Los Angeles Times of "intentionally suppressing" a videotape it obtained of a 2003 banquet where then-state Sen. Barack Obama spoke of his friendship with Rashid Khalidi, a leading Palestinian scholar and activist.

The Times first reported on the videotape in an April 2008 story about Obama's ties with Palestinians and Jews as he navigated the politics of Chicago. The report included a detailed description of the tape, but the newspaper
"A major news organization is intentionally suppressing information that could provide a clearer link between Barack Obama and Rashid Khalidi," said McCain campaign spokesman Michael Goldfarb. " . . . The election is one week away, and it's unfortunate that the press so obviously favors Barack Obama that this campaign must publicly request that the Los Angeles Times do its job -- make information public."

The Times on Tuesday issued a statement about its decision not to post the tape.

"The Los Angeles Times did not publish the videotape because it was provided to us by a confidential source who did so on the condition that we not release it," said the newspaper's editor, Russ Stanton. "The Times keeps its promises to sources."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
So the real question becomes how many more video tapes are the media suppressing for obamassiah? They seem to be leaking out in the last few days one by one to cover a collective media arse. But how many more such evidence of the obamassiah liar dong other vile things? Here he is with know terrorist of two types.......PLO and Weathermen........God forgive the poeple that vote for this evil man.......

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
So What? The guy is a Yale and Oxford educated AMERICAN and member of the US National Advisory Committee on the Middle East. Think about that - he's one of the guys that gives advice and helps formulate middle eastern policy with President Bush....

I guess that part's not in the fair and balanced Fox News report though.

The McCain Campaign is doing nothing but embarrassing themselves and the entire country when they resort to this kind of innuendo. The implication is that this man is some kind of terrorist or subversive element, when the reality is that he's an accredited diplomat and you can probably find video of him being praised by plenty of Republican politicians as well.

More cheap and dirty tricks.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
colony14.net...

This is too much. Personally I can't trust a person who didn't have his biological father around, let alone his very own mother running out on him!!! I think a person of values is raised by the same. The drugs, nefarious people he has been associated with or linked to, and his voting record just completely makes him unsuitable for MY vote. His wife, being that like it or not the presidents wife DOES effect how he deals with things, is not the kind of person I would want around me - let alone the White House!

This tape...why the hell did the source give them this tape if it was not to be shown? What the farg!? Why report it if it is useless to the reader?

Please vote for Green, Constitution, or Independent this election season - we don't need more lying bastard shills in office, we need a ACTUAL change to have HOPE for our tomorrow! www.vote-smart.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hooray i call shenanigans. the media has been supressing as much negative info on obama since the campaign started along with supressing any positives on McCain. turning the whole McCain/Palin campaign into a witch hunt for who is a bigger looneybin canidate.

technically doesnt this mean the election has been fixed?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dytch
hooray i call shenanigans. the media has been supressing as much negative info on obama since the campaign started along with supressing any positives on McCain. turning the whole McCain/Palin campaign into a witch hunt for who is a bigger looneybin canidate.

technically doesnt this mean the election has been fixed?

Based on the entire list of "can't talk about's" like:

Rev Wright

Ayres

(shh his middle name)

Resco the convicted felon

Rev Falgelant (Falgler) sp?

His days at Columbia University

His days in Pakistan

His true birthplace

On, and on, and on...

Yes the fix has been in, the media "may" have done all thier research and buried it deep.......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
From Wikipedia. I know, I know. It's not a legitimate news source like Fox....

He is an american

Rashid Khalidi (born 1950), an American historian of the Middle East, is the Edward Said Professor of Arab Studies at Columbia University, and director of the Middle East Institute of Columbia's School of International and Public Affairs.

Who criticized America and Isreal.

Regarding American support for Israel, Khalidi stated in an interview that "every other single place on the face of the earth is in support of the Palestinians, yet all of them together aren't a hill of beans compared to the United States and Israel, because the United States and Israel can basically do anything they please. They are the world superpower, they are the regional superpower.

And Obama doesn't even agree with him on his "controversial" views

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Khalidi stated that he strongly disagrees with Obama's views on Israel. However, because of Obama's "unusual background, with family ties to Kenya and Indonesia," Khalidi stated that he believes that Obama is "more understanding of the Palestinian experience than typical American politicians."

This is even more desperate than the Ayers connection.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Savage Khan

Then why is obamassiah running away from him? and Ayres and Wright? Why not just show the tape to america to clear his name? No the media is hiding stuff they know america will not tollerate

[edit on 29-10-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Look, this stuff is getting way old. Politicians meet with lots of people. Bush invited a group of Taliban leaders to Texas while he was governor. Bush Jr. and Sr. have had a long standing relationship with the Bin Laden family. Heck, the Bin Laden family even kept some of W's failing businesses afloat. These associations were much more important and serious if you ask me. I didn't hear any of you Republicans harping on about these "ties" to terrorism or the Arab world. However, in this election, all of a sudden, any one that Obama has ever known is some critical campaign issue.

If you guys had been consistent in your views, holding Bush's feet to the fire over his relationships, I might be able to take you seriously. However, this not being the case, I, and many of my fellow Americans, clearly see the hypocrisy in your views, opinions, and criticisms.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
reply to post by The Savage Khan

Then why is obamassiah running away from him? and Ayres and Wright? Why not just show the tape to america to clear his name? No the media is hiding stuff they know america will not tollerate

Who's 'running away from him'? Obama has never hidden the fact that he knows this guy, he's a professor at Columbia. Where do you get this stuff?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
[Who's 'running away from him'? Obama has never hidden the fact that he knows this guy, he's a professor at Columbia. Where do you get this stuff?

Then obamassiah should tell the time to release the tape............if he's not afraid of the tape.......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You know, I'd like to know if you're even old enough to vote in this election.. you seem to act like a twelve year old on every thread, making up names for the target of your frustrations. The paper said it won't release the tape to protect it's source, not everything starts and ends at the (insert childish name)'s front door. Grow up and start discussing some real issues if you want to talk politics.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

No, more Obama campaign lies

There is no "US National Advisory Committee on the Middle East"

Rashid Khalidid is the former PLO spokesman and a supporter of Palestinian Suicide Bombers.

From 1993 through April 2004, 46 percent of all suicide bombings were carried out by Hamas, 29 percent by PIJ (Palestine Islamic Jihad), and 22 percent by Fatah (Figure 2); the remainder were by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) or were claimed by two or more groups.
source

Fatah is a major Palestinian political party and the largest faction of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)
source

Hamas, PIJ and PFLP are on the US official list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations
source

He's not on the MEPC Committee
source

He's not on USIP
source

He's not on the American Task Force on Palestine
source

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

No, more Obama campaign lies

There is no "US National Advisory Committee on the Middle East"

Rashid Khalidid is the former PLO spokesman and a supporter of Palestinian Suicide Bombers.

I don't see any source to back up that he was a PLO spokesman and the biography I read on him does not mention that at all. In fact, I don't see where he could find the time to do that.

Source
Khalidi was born in New York. He received a B.A. from Yale University, where he was a member of Wolf's Head Society,[1] in 1970,[2] and a D. Phil. from Oxford University in 1974[3] and spent many years as a professor and director of both the Center for Middle Eastern Studies and the Center for International Studies at the University of Chicago before joining the Columbia faculty. He has also taught at Georgetown University, Lebanese University, and the American University of Beirut.

Khalidi is married to Mona Khalidi, Assistant Dean, Student Affairs; Assistant Director of Graduate Studies, School of International and Public Affairs[4] He is a member of the National Advisory Committee of the U.S. Interreligious Committee for Peace in the Middle East, which describes itself as "a national organization of Jews, Christians and Muslims dedicated to dialogue, education and advocacy for peace based on the deepest teachings of the three religious traditions."[5]

He is member of the Board of Sponsors of The Palestine-Israel Journal, a publication founded by Ziad AbuZayyad and Victor Cygielman, prominent Palestinian and Israeli journalists.

He is founding trustee of The Center for Palestine Research and Studies.

Princeton University let it become known that it was considering hiring Khalidi in 2005.[6] However, a controversy developed over Khalidi's political involvements and no job offer was made.[7]

Fatah is a major Palestinian political party and the largest faction of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO)

Fatah is also the Palestinian political party that both the US and Israel supports, refusing to recognize Hamas. If you are saying that Khalidi is/was a spokesman for Fatah, then he is in line with US foreign policy. Can you please clarify when and what his involvement was with the PLO?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The LA Times? Isn't that the paper that called Barack "The Magic Negro"?

www.latimes.com...

The LA Times had no problem going after Obama when Hillary was the likely candidate. But now since he is "The One" he is off limits?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

If there's nothing on the tape and its all perfectly benign, then why not release it? The LA Times is the one causing this problem, not the McCain campaign. All the McCain campaign is asking for is full disclosure of information.

I would not be surprised whatsoever if the tape is released within the next 48 hours. I think the McCain campaign may already have the tape, anyway, and are looking for some plausible deniability here. They don't want to dump it on the media this late if they don't have to, so they're pressuring the LA Times to do it for them.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Once again it is all about secrecy and hush hush with the Obama campaign. Obama and his handlers have yet to be forthright about anything regarding Obama's affiliations, friends, school and state senate records etc. It has been a constant struggle to glean any documented info. out of his campaign. They have backed it all up with hearsay and with a "don't worry about it" mantra.

Where is the transparency?? Where is the paper trail of the potential PUSA who wrote nothing substatial while on the Harvard Law Review. What he did write, was written anonymously. The only info. on Obama can be found in his gripping memoir. A memoir written by somebody who has accomplished nothing!!!!! in his still short life. We are expected to believe him because he wrote it. The man who didn't want to be a "sellout" in college so he "hung out with Marxist professors". Please define "sellout". He has clearly sold out to Hollywood and the MSM and his many mystery donors. If he wasn't a sell out he would provide the transcripts of this video in question. Anyone who buys 30 min of prime time air days before the election is clearly a sell out.

For all of you die hard conspiracy theorists this should be a huge red flag. I would expect his potential Presidential administration to be run in the same manner

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I'm guessing it's the same reason as to why Palin refused to cooperate in an investigation into the ethics of her firing of that state trooper in alaska. I believe that she probably acted unethicly but totally within the law. I also agree that for her to take part in this investigation now (regardless of the outcome) would be a bad move because it would most definetly be skewed by her democratic rival.

Along those same lines, regardless of how this tape is seen, it would more then likely be skewed in a major way by the republican right and put Obama on the defensive for the remaining week. Another question you may ask yourself is why would this tape be released at the last week of the election when the republicans and Obama's democratic rivals in the primary had plenty of chances to release such material. I'm guessing it's probably because it's not as you are presenting it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Do not let this story just slip by. !!!
This nation has far to much to lose.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

You know, I'd like to know if you're even old enough to vote in this election.. you seem to act like a twelve year old on every thread, making up names for the target of your frustrations. The paper said it won't release the tape to protect it's source, not everything starts and ends at the (insert childish name)'s front door. Grow up and start discussing some real issues if you want to talk politics.

You're the one who keeps avoiding the issue here. I'd say you're the one acting like a 12 year old. For a forum that touts "deny ignorance", quite a few of you seem to support deception and suppression of information as long as it means you;re guy will get in the white house.

I don't see any source to back up that he was a PLO spokesman and the biography I read on him does not mention that at all. In fact, I don't see where he could find the time to do that.

Than why wont you answer the question of why this video is being suppressed. You're addressing EVERYTHING but that fact.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join