It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do for election night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Besides vote, where will you be. Who will you be with, and what will you watch.

Me, Im having a party. Every time Obama wins a state take a shot. Should be a fun night.

Should McCain win, we all chipped in to buy 3 very expensive bottles of vodka to help with the coming depression that would set in. Im sure its the other way with mccain backers.

Lets not flame in this thread. Would be interesting to know what other ats'ers will be doing. Im also going to start en election day thread soon here. Should be a fun november 4th

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
At this point, I'm scheduled to work, but I'm going to try to get off, hang out at the Republican Headquarters, and try to laugh to hard when all the polls are wrong, including the exit polls. When Mcain wins, I'm gonna give a big rebel yell, then wait for all the court challenges to start.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
goiing to try and view several web casts from various places to get different takes on results and see how funny the tech is although nothing will every be as funny as russet with his hand held board.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
when i get off work i'll be headed to the store to get stocked up an alcohol, take it home then head out to a bar and start drinking.

No matter which of the 2 stooges win we're screwed so we might as well start getting numb so the screwing don't hurt as bad

edit to add: anyone that wants to join me i'll buy the first round!

2nd edit damn i can't speel
[edit on 10/29/2008 by Mercenary2007]

[edit on 10/29/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I can't vote in US elections and I don't drink anymore but I tell yah, have a shot for me for every Obama win.

Toss in a few shots extra to ease the pain of us poor Canadians Having Harper remain as Prime Minister ...maybe I should start drinking again on that last point alone?

I'll be following the results
I expect a thoroughly drunken post from you once Obama is declared the winner

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I live in uk, the only election i watched was the 2000, one. I will not bother watching this one eirther, just how boring, has the last 2 years waiting for next week, lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier. I Plan on taking the day off. Goin to a few parties and staying glued to the tv. Election day is going to be wild. I cannot stand Obama or McCain but I'm really excited for this election.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Day before polls: I will be buying stock in the markets in anticipation of an Obama victory!

But of course selling all my oil stocks and trading in for renewables.

Real time results : I think it will probably be early morning here in the UK, so I will be at work, following the results keenly as they come into the BBC news/ any other decent website. And of course Ill be on ATS the whole time, probably chattering on a megathread excitedly every time a state is declared.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I will probably check in on the comedy central coverage of it from time to time. I will pay more attention at the end. If it is close, I will switch to CNN to watch for riots.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'll likely be alone ..

In my fox den ..

Puffing something lovely, stinking up the place, all while laughing at the spectacle unfolding all throughout the night and into the following morning, as the last 2 presidential elections have been like.

although I feel Obama will win by enough to shut out any "recount" or "cheating" calls..

PS: this little bit might be a little off topic, but it needs to be said.

To all of you drinkers out there, for one, please be careful.

For two, may I ask you why you enjoy getting tanked?

Every time I drink I do not enjoy it at all. In fact, the only time I did enjoy it was when I was a mere 15 years old, 11 years ago. But by the time I was 18 I just didnt like the stuff. Every club you goto, every party, everyone is getting drunk. I dont like the way people act when theyre drunk, particularly other guys, but women act equally stupid. I also dont like it when people are on any form of stimulant they become QUITE annoying. But thats another lecture.

When I would drink .. it always made me feel like crap when it was wearing off, and possibly the next morning.

But I know many succumb to alcohol because it is the only legal high around. I dont like it because it can cause FATAL dependance, did yall know that? If you drink enough alcohol everyday for a few years, if you DONT have a drink, you'll begin to shake violently and become extremely sick. Then, if you don't get medical help, you can go into delirium tremens, have a seizure, and die..

My father was an alcoholic .. cleaned up 10 years before he passed away, im glad he beat it but it took his entire life to do so. Not my idea of fun.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I dont drink, but i may start if McCain wins.

Either way i think there will be riots.

" May we live in interesting times"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I Will go early to vote then come home and bake goodies for my grandchildren who are planning to watch the election results with me.

My 17 year old grandson and I will be cleaning my guns while we watch the news.

And of course I will have one eye on ATS.

Gee whiz, I wanted to say may the best man win but there is no best man running.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I gave up drinking 16 years ago,but if Obama wins,I just might take it up again,I guess I could not vote,would I then be an innocent bar stander?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
My husband and I have already voted, so we're going to get take-out Mexican food from the best Mexican restaurant and curl up in front of the TV with our remotes, my electoral vote predictions and a 6-pack of XX and have a party. I don't drink (I don't like it), but I'll enjoy hearing the results just the same, as I'll be "drunk" on politics!

If Obama wins, we'll celebrate and heave a sigh of relief.
If McCain wins, we'll be stunned and saddened, but prepared to sit back and watch the country spiral further into a meaningless, unrecognizable and unfortunate entity.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Life as usual for me. I'm not changing a thing or drinking. I'll go to bed early because I have to work. I'll wake up and turn on the news to see who won. Then I'll go to work because I have to support my family. No matter who wins I have to do the things I've done before. Work, take care of kids, cook supper, help with homework if needed and sleep. America with all it's people can only come up with Obama & McCain

Until we can get a man/woman ( no matter the race ) that cares about us then I really don't care who wins or loses.

This is what will happen when I wake up and watch the news.
Obama loses by one vote

[edit on 10/29/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I promise i'll be careful
I'm actually fun to be around when i'm drunk I'm a barrel of laughs.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

you honestly think this country will be better if Obama wins?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Get my guns and sit out on the porch waiting for fire works................

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
rikk, thats a pretty scary statement.

all this talk of guns and cleaning guns .. you guys aren't going to START or participate in any rioting are you? I sure hope not, regardless of who wins (even though its looking quite bleak for Mccain lol), we should not riot.

Bush was elected in 2000 through what many call cheating the system, and yet there was no widespread disobediance, no rioting.

In 2004 Bush decisively won, and there were no riots.

Clinton's two elections of the 90's caused no riots.

Bush senior's election before that did not cause any riots.

And it keeps going all the way back for quite some time .. why stain this record of being a civil people during elections, this wonderful nation in prinicple? If we riot, we stoop down to 3rd world country status, where one guy is usually rigging the vote anyways. Like Zimbabwe, like Belarus ...

NIP = nation in principal, ie; the way it should be if the constitution were upheld vigorously and people's rights were maintained as they should be.

new topics

top topics

join