It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Understand This System

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Ah, fallacies and assumptions. I expect no less.

well you brought it up

If material possessions are so unimportant to you two, smash you computers, which you paid for, leave your house, your belongings, your money, go make a tent and live in the forest, see how well you do.

what your saying is that we cant live without them, unless you don't realize what you typed.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by FrostForests

I meant no disrespect. I understand why it holds value for materialistic gain. But it seems silly that something like this is so sought over. It is just a mineral. I know we need something such as gold if we are to have a global economy. But it isn't something we actually need, only need in a world that tells us we do.

Ok, so in your original post you said you didn't understand. And now you are saying you do understand, that is seems silly to you. So your post was made in dishonesty from the start, and you really just wanted to argue and show that you were "above" such things.

Things of such nature will always and forever exist as long as we have limited resources. While the man who wants not, needs not it's just not the reality of things. To ignore it, is to ignore nature.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No, what I said was that this holier than thou attitude you have has little meaning unless you, as they say, walk the walk. You yourself cherish such possessions, yet you degrade them vocally.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, what I said was that this holier than thou attitude you have has little meaning unless you, as they say, walk the walk. You yourself cherish such possessions, yet you degrade them vocally.

such assumptions, as you make, lead me to believe that you have the intellectual debating prowess of a buffoon. Furthermore, your assumptions are baseless and without fact or merit.

ps. Vocalization implies audible speech processes which are currently unavailable in this forum.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

such assumptions, as you make, lead me to believe that you have the intellectual debating prowess of a buffoon. Furthermore, your assumptions are baseless and without fact or merit.

ps. Vocalization implies audible speech processes which are currently unavailable in this forum.

Zing.

We'll leave it at that then. Congratulations winner.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I don't understand why you are saying I am dishonest. I am saying I understand after reading YOUR post. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Jeez. I was going to thank you and star it.

I do not think I am above anyone. I see myself in everyone.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by SkepticalSteve]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So basically it holds no true value. It is just a concept of the mind.

Is there any measure of value you would like to suggest that isn't simply a concept of the mind?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

The truth, love, and spiritual attainment. but that doesn't coincide well with money. If we are to have money and currency in an economy then I understand the reason for it in that sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looks like we can't even discuss the value of gold without becoming hostile. Gold does hold power over some people.

I like gold. It feels good on my skin. It's shinny and pretty.

Those are not the reasons I am trying to collect all the gold I can. I want gold because it will go up in value and it is a good investment. It is merely a survival tool for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticalSteve
reply to post by badmedia

I don't understand why you are saying I am dishonest. I am saying I understand after reading YOUR post. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Jeez. I was going to thank you and star it.

I do not think I am above anyone. I see myself in everyone.

Ok sorry, I have been a bit snappy today. I thought you were saying you knew the entire time, in which case it would have been dishonest to post the question in such a way.

Lately with that zeitgeist movie there has been constant talk of a resource based system that is supposed to be all great etc. And what those people don't understand is that the resources themselves are the thing of value, not the money and they were in effect just giving any wealth away. Economic freedom and wealth are a basic requirement of all other freedoms, so it's a bit of a touchy subject. Especially when it points out the problem in today's society, but then rather than just removing that element tries to push people in the totally opposite way, where instead of them stealing a bit of resource, the people just turn over all the resources to them. I probably got wrapped up in it a bit and over-reacted. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join