It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edinburgh is the true Jerusalem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
HI all,
I wanted to put this one "out there" so to speak as my knowledge of the bible is poor to say the least. The site i am reading takes the ideas of one W Comyns Beaumont who thought that Edinburgh in Scotland is the true Jerusalem as it fits the biblical references better.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Beaumont’s book details the map of Edinburgh /Jerusalem as it was. The citadel being Edinburgh Castle on the impregnable rock of 3 precipitous sides - more ably conforms to biblical descriptions than our current understanding of the citadel in Jerusalem in Palestine. The Dung Gate corresponds with the Cowgate in Edinburgh, the Temple Mount on the way of God, Edinburgh’s Royal Mile, the Temple Mount there stands St Giles Cathedral and a
commemorative Heart in the cobbles outside which signify the Heart of the Lothians. Opposite St Giles on the Temple Mount - the law courts. And one of the oldest Masonic Lodges also stands near the Royal Mile, whilst the Mount of Olives was Arthurs Seat, Golgotha was Gogar, and Holyrood Palace was the Palace of Cedars - and Joppa has always been a port of Edinburgh.

It all sounds rather compelling to me.
I have been trying to dig up old drawings of the 2 cities to compare them but have failed so far.

records show that Rome built a boundary chain around Jerusalem some 80 miles and indeed, there exists the chain of forts called the Catrail that is almost exactly 80 miles

This is correct as far as I can tell.

The webpage also talks of the protocols of zion, the supression of free energy and the illuminati but makes loose connections at the best.
I also tries to explain the alien link which goes a bit over my head but Falkirk a UFO hotspot is close to Edinburgh.

It also mentions something with the name "Tena Brosa", google just spits back the same site.
Any masons want to stick their neck out and confirm this?

An 18th Century architectural folly on an aristocratic estate just outside Edinburgh uses technology and design to calculate the shadows of latitude. The Theory being that Jerusalem in Palestine, nearer the equator produces a different length of shadow from a cubit rod, than a Jerusalem in Scotland - due to the curvature of the Earth - this shadow is called the Tena Brosa and all part of the big secret of masonry and perhaps even the Scottish Rite itself.

Anyway just wondered what other people thought of this interesting theory.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-10-2008 by beefeater]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm not very confident in the accuracy of any of this claim.

For starters, he claims that 'Ben Cruachan' translates to 'Mount of the Bloody Serpent'. In gaelic, Ben is a mountain and Cruachan means 'rounded or conical hill'. So where did the blood and the serpent come from?

Source

He also claims that 'Morayshire' means 'land of the Mhor/giants', whereas Moray actually means 'among the sea-board men' or 'sea-board settlements'.

Source 1
Source 2

I'm reading throught the rest and am doubled over laughing with some of the loose connections.

The source of evil Aryan splendor that corrupted the Garden of Eden with gorgons, titans etc is said to be North Scotland, moray and the Orkney islands or Orcus - the dragon family.

Said by who? Haha. The original name for the Orkney Islands was 'Orcades' I believe, which is a young boar in Gaelic, and may hold root from the old Norse 'orkn', the word for seals. Orcus was a Roman God, so I'm not sure how that connection was made.

If this article can't even do a decent google search to get the basic gaelic correct then I can't trust the other baseless claims.

It's an interesting read at least.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Thanks for your reply, yes an interesting read is what I thought but it seemed a bit far fetched. The Tena Brosa still interests me, perhaps its spelled wrong or perhaps its just rubbish!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Comyns Beaumont is good reading, however most of his books are out of print and really hard to find.

I'd strongly recommend finding the original texts as opposed to someone's interpretation of them.

You can actually find a good portion of his book "The Riddle of Prehistoric Britain" on Google Books.

www.google.com...

I think you'll find that, while the information is extraordinary, it's hardly the same as what you found on that site.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

Thanks for that, I might go old bookshop hunting and see if i can pick up a copy. I agree the site I posted is jumbled with potential garbage but the main theme of Edinburgh/Jerusalem interests me, especially with its location close to Roslin Abbey. I feel there are some un-answered questions regarding its existence.
Comyns Beaumont reads like an old time conspiracy theorist!

Still no luck on information on Tena Brosa, anyone heard of it??

top topics

join