It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fixing broken water mains.... in the dead of night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Seriously City of ----- why the double hockey sticks do the water mains on my street always burst long after the sun has set?

Isn't there a quieter way to fix them than taking a backhoe to the street outside my window?

Do your trucks have to beep so loud? Do you have to keep the dispatch radio turned up?

This is the fourth or fifth time it's happened in the 8 or so years I've live here. I swear, only unborn babies have a more inconvenient sense of time.

:bnghd:

(But in all fairness, City of ----, I commend you on your promptness. My tax dollars, put to good use in this case. I'm complaining about the pipes, not you.) :bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If it's anything like here in france, water towers are filled at night using off-peak power and night-time water usage is less...therefore, the pressures are at maximum. Time for that weak-spot to go again.

Sweet dreams.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
We don't get a lot of rain so the ground tends to expand and contract dramatically as the seasons change or if it gets very dry. Right now it's just turning cold so I guess that does it!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

There is also less traffic and other concerns making it easier for them to do any maintenance. During summer, many road projects are now worked on at night, as it is cooler and again with the less traffic to upset people.

new topics

top topics

join