It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News desperate to discredit Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Bullcrap. FOX NEWS is the most successful cable news station IN HISTORY. Deal with it.

Popularity does not equate to credibility.
Understand it.

Jerry Springer was a very popular talk show, did that make that show a legitimate source for social growth and understanding?

Propaganda works because people buy into the dramatic glitzy rhetoric easier than simple reality.

- lee

[edit on 29-10-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by lee anoma
Study after study shows that FOX news viewers are misinformed about the current situation in Iraq and quite a few other things.

Really? Show us some of these "studies", please.

Sure thing.

If you rely on FOX as a source then I am not surprised you haven't seen any.

Here's a little breakdown from the more popular PIPA study that can be found on the FOX news Sourcewatch page:

A year-long study by the University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA)[9] reported that Americans who relied on the Fox News Channel for their coverage of the Iraq war were the most likely to believe misinformation about the war, whatever their political affiliation may be. Those mistaken facts, the study found, increased viewers' support for the war.

The study found that, in general, people who watched Fox News were, more than for other sources, convinced of several untrue propositions which were actively promoted by the Bush administration and the cheerleading media led by Fox, in rallying support for the invasion of Iraq...

(snip)

In the composite analysis of the PIPA study, 80 percent of Fox News watchers had one of more of these misperceptions, in contrast to 71 percent for CBS and 27 percent who tuned to NPR/PBS.
Sourcewatch

Click the link to the PIPA study if you will.
Or Google search, there are other articles on this subject.

You thought I was making things up?
I don't work for FOX News

- Lee

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
reply to post by lee anoma

HA! You with all your facts.....we are talking about FOX buddy...take your facts and keep them to yourself...HA! Facts....listen to this guy.

Yes, facts trump weak personal attacks every time.
Only a person with absolutely no point would resort to the useless "shortbus" dig.

This is ATS not Free Republic.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Fox News and it's redneck, inbred, racist viewers cannot accept the fact that the black fella is going to be in the White House. Watching them resort to lies and distortions would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The Republican Party has soiled it's reputation and, along with it, this country, for far too long. It's time for them to head back to their trailer parks and let the rest of us try to undue the harm they have done.

It couldn't happen to a more odious group of hypocritical dumbasses.

Oh the irony of bigoted people calling other people "inbred rednecks". I'm sure its completely lost on you though...

Anyway, does anyone here have a problem with SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Chocalte News, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN and PBS trying to destroy McCain and Palin on a daily basis?

Why are you all so scared of a lone network's opinion? Do you want all the networks to just be echo chambers?

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by amicrazy
Please read the screen shot taken from the FOX NEWS WEBSITE about 10 minutes ago. I count six negative news items on Obama.
The only story I see on McCain is over to the right, you see a little thumbnail of him in a video link story. (he's smiling and looking rather good and no doubt the video will be shining a glorious light on him)

I am surprised FOX haven't called a McCain win already! LOL

Does anyone else see the pattern here?

[img=http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3862/allstopslv7.jpg][/img]

Something has to balance CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, who are all screening any important news on Obama so that he looks good all the time.

BTW Shepard Smith of Foxnews is also an Obama supporter, which is more than I can say for any other so called TV news media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join