It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel ghost captured on camera?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just came across a clip from Ghost Hunters tonight on CNN website. Taken at Pea Patch Island in Delaware, Fort Delaware.

See clip here

A former paranormal investigator myself I have to say I have never seen anything like this. That looked like a real person stepped out and then turned around before stepping out of sight. Like someone was messing around down there in the tunnels with them. Did anyone watch that particular show?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
one thing i noticed, the entity in the thermal IR has his hands infront of him, like they are bound almost. Wasnt pea patch a union prison camp during the civil war?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Don't know about everyone else; but the link only took me to a CNN video about Iraqs post 2003 dead. The tunnel ghost sounded more interesting than a x thousand dead Iraqis!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have been at the link several times already. I still get the video on Ghost Hunter's ...

Try this:
www.cnn.com...#/video/showbiz/2008/10/28/vo.ghost.hunters.clip.cnn

or this again

Is anyone else having any trouble accessing the video clip? It is listed on CNN website. Far right hand side of their news page. www.cnn.com... you will see a box with video clips and arrows on top of those to move to the next set of videos. Look for "on the hunt for ghosts' black and white image. Click on that video.

[edit on 10/29/2008 by BindareDundat]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm always kind of skeptical of these kind of shows, but i watch them anyway! I heard of a movie that was coming out about a family that moves into this haunted house, but they (directors i guess) try to enstill real fear into the actors, by doing things that they dont know about to scare them. Mayhaps that is whats going on in this particular show? I've got to say that its hard to beleive that they find a ghost in every place they go, but then again, if I were to make a show of the same magnitude, I'd only show the good ones.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
edit for duel post

[edit on 29-10-2008 by J Orobus]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by J Orobus

Im guessing all the footage where they find nothing is being set aside for NatGeo's "Skeptic Hunters".

This week on Skeptic Hunters, we go into a dark scarey place, and find Moths, Swamp Gas and Richard Nixon!

I'm excited, arent you?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I was swallowing coffee when I read that. I near spit it all up onto my keyboard!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Yeah richard nixon has that effect on me too!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
hopefully.....
I think i found it....hopefully this is the right link....
If not, I dont know whats going on

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It looks really human fair play. I guess we wont know..........

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by J Orobus

Actually, they don't always find something. I've seen every episiode of Ghost Hunters and there are a lot of episodes that were disappointing. Just makes the ones where they DO find something that much more interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Very interesting video.
I have to agree that it looks as if the entities' hands are shackled, or at least holding his hands together in front of his body.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is rare in any paranormal investigation that anything is found in just the first visit. That doesn't mean the place wasn't haunted. It can take several repeated visits before someone collects EVP, orb photos, video etc.

Then you look to see if the cause could be something natural like electrical wiring, plumbing, drafts by the windows or doors, moisture, heat, dust, temperature changes, rats, mice or other critters, building structure and so forth to see if you can reproduce what you have found to rule out the paranormal. There could be a natural explanation to what you've found. Sometimes folks are so pumped up with expectation that it is easy to get carried away.

I can imagine that for a TV series they would want something to show to make it interesting otherwise the audience would loose interest and get bored. I am still not convinced that was a ghost. That looked like a person to me. We will never know for sure unless we were there with them at the time of the investigation.

Perhaps a team from ATS would like to check it out for us?
That would be interesting.
If I wasn't so dang far away and in another country I would be there in a heartbeat. I would use the same camera as Ghost Hunters and I would have someone try to duplicate the same moves as what was captured, to see what that looks like on the camera.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Honestly, it looks like a guy in a hoodie with his hands in the front pockets. When it comes to ghosts I usually give the benefit of doubt, but I'm not so sure about this one.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BindareDundat
That looked like a real person stepped out and then turned around before stepping out of sight. Like someone was messing around down there in the tunnels with them.

I quite agree with your statement there. And that's exactly what I think it was... a human... for whatever reason.... in the tunnels with them. Until someone can conclusively disprove that possibility, to my mind, that's what it will remain. Entertaining clip though and thanks for sharing it.... Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
That's exactly what I thought too. Some sort of hoodie and hands in front are in a pocket - not shackles. If I remember reading some information on those links I provided about the prison, it said prisoners were left with hardly anything, if not nothing, to wear. It couldn't be an overweight, if not heavy set ghost either because the men were barely fed. Weight loss was drastic given their treatment and conditions.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by grifta

Yep that is the link.

Second line here.

CX

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can i ask a possibly stupid question?

I thought that Thermal Imaging cameras picked up heat sources and show them as the brighter image on the screen?

The guy in the tunnel looked like he had a pretty decent heat source going on there, pretty much like a normal person would give off.

Do ghosts have heat sourcese? Or was this just someone who wandered into the camera's view, thought, "Opps", turned around and walked off?

CX.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join