It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Photos Show Massachusetts Lawmaker Stuffing Bribes in Bra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

BOSTON — Sen. Dianne Wilkerson, who cuts a glittering, energetic figure around the Massachusetts Statehouse, stood alone and soberly attired in federal court Tuesday after being charged with accepting $23,500 in bribes — including $10,000 to fund her write-in campaign next week. The Democrat was freed on a $50,000 unsecured bond. FBI agents arrested her at her Boston home earlier in the day on charges of attempted extortion as a public official and theft of honest services as a state senator. An FBI affidavit includes a series of still photographs from video recordings allegedly showing Wilkerson accepting money from undercover agents, in one case stuffing cash under her sweater and inside her bra.

Another one bites the dust!!!! Truly a great thing to see...another politician busted for being on the take.

Yep...this is our government folks. Republican/Democrat....doesn't matter...most of them are DAMN CRIMINALS.

Edit for link: www.foxnews.com...
[edit on 28-10-2008 by David9176]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is. She's just spreading the wealth. Its good for everyone!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I don't see what the big deal is. She's just spreading the wealth. Its good for everyone!

I've got to admit...that made me laugh!!

It's just crazy. She's actually stuffing her bra with money. It can't be more blatant than that. How can anyone trust our government when this kind of stuff is happening?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
$90,000 in a freezer, $23,000 in a bra... These guys really need to find a better place to hide their bribes. If she can find the same law firm that represented William Jefferson, she's likely to get the cash and the bra back. I wonder what $23,500 gets you now a days?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If we are lucky, we'll keep catching these bastards, trying them, convicting them and sending them to jail. When enough of them have been imprisioned, maybe some honest politicians(I know, I know, oxymoron) will be elected and we can get this country straightened out.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster
. I wonder what $23,500 gets you now a days?

From the looks of the current economy... probably a beach house in southern california...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It takes a particular kind of nerve to be filmed taking $100,000 in alleged bribe money out of an FBI informant's car, have the FBI later find the same cold, hard cash wrapped in aluminum foil in your freezer -- and then adamantly claim that you have done nothing wrong.

Jefferson was caught on video taking a certificate for a 30 percent stake in a Nigerian company in exchange for his political influence, including intervening with the vice president of Nigeria.

Where is he today? Can you believe this?

In 2008, he is seeking re-election. Seven Democrats challenged him for the seat. Additionally, Malik Rahim challenged him as a Green Party (United States) candidate.[37]

In the October 4 2008 primary, opposition to Jefferson was split between 6 Democratic contenders. Some of the challengers made strong showings in their base neighborhoods but failed to garner much support in other parts of the district. Jefferson ran second, third, or even forth in many precincts, but his 25% total was enough to put him in first place in the primary. Jefferson will face Helena Moreno, a former tv newscaster, in a run-off election on November 4.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Here's some more winners:

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

And where is Randy Cunningham? And where will Ted Stevens be going? It's amazing the Republicans get prosecuted, and the Dems get re-elected. Vote them all out I say, well except Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
According to Wikipedia she's got quite a history of doing shady things.

Lets hope this stops it once and for all.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
She was taking the money so that she could give it to the democratic social programs of course.

All jokes aside the corruption with ALL of the politicians need to come to an end. The American people are suffering enough because of their greed.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This woman is terrible. Because I'm in NH I get to hear all about the wonderful circus that is MA from the local news. She tried to convince her constituents to vote for her (after losing the primary) by telling them her Hispanic candidate wasnt 'enough' of a minority. She said there are light skinned Spanish people and dark-skinned Spanish people and her opponent was not a 'person of color.'

She's a thief and a bigot and apparently barely functionally retarded.

new topics

top topics

join