It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to save the World, and influence things.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Interesting thread, thanks for starting it.

On the first video, I would have to comment that the single shot electron was being observed from the beginning, how else could they have known that it was creating a wave pattern. Did they have to empty the room to get this effect. The whole purpose of any experiment is to observe. It seems that what they proved is that when you change the perspective of the observation, you change what you observe.

Also, doesn't the media through which movement takes place greatly effect how the movement takes place. How do the know that the electron, or photon, that they fired was the same electron or photon that hit the wall, or went through either slit. If they were firing marbles in a room full of marbles, wouldn't that have greatly effected the outcome.

The entanglement concept hasn't actually been proven, and what has been observed is highly inconlusive. The whole idea that we can get what we wish for runs into the problem that a great many people are making wishes that conflict. The old scenario that best explains it is the whole love, sexual desire thing. He loves her, she loves someone else, and that someone else loves someone else. All the guys can't get the hottest babe in the room, and if that was the case, most wouldn't want her anymore. The same goes for women and the hottest guy in the room. Only one person gets to be at the top.

Can we get what we wish for, sure, of course we can, but do we get it because we wish for it, or because we do the things we need to do to get what we want. You found this thread not because you wished for it, but because you were looking for it.

Peace and love are great things, but we would all die of boredom in a world without any competition, or any conflicts.

If wishes were horses, we would be shoulder deep in dead horses, because we simply couldn't take care of that many horses.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

ya its like that, weather is tricky for me, i cant make it stop raining but i can make it rain harder to the point of hail
, which kind of sucks

ya i felt connected to the universe once when i was up camping and i was observing the stars, i felt like i could do anything at that moment

anyways i wanted to ask if you have a mystic cross on your hand?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
One Question...

What about the butterfly effect and the Chaos theory ???

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Thank you for your detailed answer Magnus! What I didn't understand from your reply is why the electron is hit by photons only when we observe it? I mean isn't the electron "perceptible" even if we don't observe it (in other words, aren't photons bouncing off the electron even when we do not observe it)? Why doesn't it change its behaviour then?

Anyway, from what you explained to me and the information in these videos, I gather that an electron, even though a sub-atomic particle, seems to be more complex, if not in nature (i.e. consisting of even smaller particles which are as of yet undiscovered), at least in its behaviour and properties. This entanglement property seems to allude to multidimensionality and the ability of these particles for time and space transcendence...

Alexandros

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Every time you talk about Potential you are in fact talking about Chaos-

Potential = Chaos

Why ?? because Potencial = Variables and Variables = Universe

So GooD/Bad = 1/0* infinite = Chaos

You can understand it but in fact you can't change the outcome.

1 + 1/0 * infinite variables = Chaos......

If your life is going to be good... you've changed the life of some else.....

of cat ... of tree... something did change, for good/bad you'll never know. Everything is connected yes.... and the balance is always ... always maintained.

Something as to go .. so that something can be born.

Life is like a box of chocolate... you never know what your gonna get...

This is also possible isn't it ????

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Squirrel,

S & F from me, but I do have a question about your reference to Imoto's water experiment being successfully carried out 100's of times. I was most moved by that experiment when I first saw it in 'bleep' -- more so than any other part of that film -- so I went to research it and found that those experiements have never been reproduced with the same results.

Perhaps that has changed in the few years since I last looked? I did a cursory Google, just now, and am still not finding any corroborating evidence to back up your claim, and I really want you to be right about that. Can you please link to any data you have found that points to Imoto's work being sucessfully reproduced even 10's of times?

Thanks for the thread!
TWISI

sorry if i mislead , the 100's of times comment is meant for the random digital number generator tests , carried out 100's of times over decades.

This is explained in the third video of the OP i think

Mr emoto seems to be traveling the world , giving seminars since 2005, he tried it with 50 petri dishes, dont know about further research their limited infor on google i am finding also after a bit of research.

Send out the Love , call it hippie, call it energy , call it spirtual , call it science , ..
their is a field , everything is connected to everything else, and we all create everything around us.

Create it with love , not fear.

[edit on 29/10/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

anyways i wanted to ask if you have a mystic cross on your hand?

I have never been asked that! No, no distinguishable X.

FYI: I'm not a wiccan, nor kabbalist, nor new age. Just really spiritually connected.

Thanks for asking, I hope?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander1111
reply to post by Magnus47

What I didn't understand from your reply is why the electron is hit by photons only when we observe it? I mean isn't the electron "perceptible" even if we don't observe it (in other words, aren't photons bouncing off the electron even when we do not observe it)? Why doesn't it change its behaviour then?

You're right, an electron flying randomly through an everyday environment would absolutely be perceptible at all times, as it would be constantly surrounded by photons of light, no doubt colliding with them from time to time. And I'm certain that it would be changing its behavior every time this happens. But in the context of the slit experiment described by the OP, I suspect that they isolated the electron in a contained vacuum in order to prevent rogue photons from disrupting the experiment. After all, the experiment is all about how the electron is behaving from the moment it is emitted to the moment it is absorbed in the wall at the end, under very specific conditions. Apparently leaving the electron alone results in the interference pattern that proves the simultaneous existence of multiple possible states for that electron, while observing it causes it to settle into a single measurable state.

Anyway, from what you explained to me and the information in these videos, I gather that an electron, even though a sub-atomic particle, seems to be more complex, if not in nature (i.e. consisting of even smaller particles which are as of yet undiscovered), at least in its behaviour and properties.

At this point you are approaching the realm of String Theory and other unanswered questions in modern science. This is also the point at which my own knowledge well runs dry. What exactly distinguishes an electron from the quarks that make up protons and neutrons? What is going on at a deeper level to differentiate between quantum states? This is a realm of complex mathematics that I could never stomach very well. But I'm always fascinated to learn about the latest discoveries. Keep your eye on the LHC... if there are answers to your questions, and mine, that will be the place to find them.

This entanglement property seems to allude to multidimensionality and the ability of these particles for time and space transcendence...

I may not be a quantum physicist, but I think that every word of that sentence is absolutely true.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A better title for this thread would be how to change your world.

Your world is not my world, so you aren't changing the world as everyone knows it, just as you do.

Here's why.

You are not out and about experiencing the world as an environment. It seems that way, that you are moving about your day, feeling whether the temperature is cold or hot, whether you're hungry or tired and even whether people are nice or rude.

Say you are walking through your living room and bump your shin against the sharp edge of the coffee table. Never mind that the coffee table is actually mostly a vacuum and isn't even solid at the atomic level, the pain you feel is actually recreated in your brain. Your brain creates a virtual reality in your head based on information gleaned from your senses. The vast majority of information received is not even used.

So although your brain creates an experience of pain in your shin, that is really taking place in your head. Everything you experience is recreated in your head in a vast, virtual reality that only you access. Therefore, nothing exists until you experience it.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The way to influence people is to wake them up to the realities of what is really going on in this world.

I am doing my part by sharing information where ever I can, even here.

Take a look at a site that will open your eyes in every direction:

1984news.com...

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
In the book of Mary?, I think, Jesus basically told Mary string theory. Jesus supposedly said "we are god" or "we are all god" or something. Jesus is supposed to have said the most valuable attribute is Courage, above all else. VERY FUNNY to me.

Just popped into my mind those three things while watching this. Dunno why and sorry I forgot where/how to reference that stuff...And I am not supporting that there is a god or anything as I read those things for fun once.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I liked how you used footage from What the Bleeb do We Know?. It is a must watch! I for one believe your claims for the simple fact that when you believe the universe is infinite you can not rule out any possibility what so ever.
Cool thread!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The electron does not become a wave until a force sends it toward its target.

This is not true. They fire a single electron, wich is a particle, not a wave. The experiment is set up in a way that no other particles can enter it.

A wave is a particle interfering with another.

Also, it is incorrect to say that the same object can be seen in multiple positions, both at the quantum level and of course the "real" level. It is only while as a wave that the electron passes through both slits.

No you can never see an object or particle in multiple positions, because if you see it, it can only be in one position.

The electron doesn't pass the slits as a wave, the single electron goes throught both slits as a particle, then after the slits it interferes with itself, and creates a wave pattern.

This happens if it is not known wich slit it goes through.

I'm afraid your hypothesis fails with your first postulate.

Out my league too. All I have to go by is "quantum mechanics for dummies",

If this is, as you say, out of your league, maybe you should be a bit more open towards this experiment.

I've put a lot of time into researching this experiment, and discussed it into oblivion in this thread:

"Why must you insist reality is an illusion"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This experiment definately supports the view that somehow, our reality, is created out of a wave of potential, according to the expectations of the "observer", or consciousness.

The only force which could create such a wave is God, which to some, does not exist. If we each impose our will on the universe, those who chose to not believe in God would bring about the collapse of the entire wave. A paradox.

What if "God", is consciousness, and we are all part of it. Our individual consciouness is making the wave collapse into our individual realities, wich overlap because of similar knowledge and expectations.

We are "god", we have the power to create, only we don't realize because of conditioning. We are limited to our expectations and experiences and our reality will always form according to those parameters.

So, I'm sure that when people realize this, we cann slowly, but surely change our realities.

Mind over matter!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would also like to add that in more advanced double slit experiments, it was found that:

-if you don't measure through wich of both slits the single particle goes, it wil behave as a wave after the slits.

-if you measure wich of both slits the single particle goes through, it will behave as a particle.

-if you measure wich of both slits the single particle goes through, but immediately erase the info of the detection, it will still behave as a wave.

This proves that the physical act of measuring, is not what causes the destruction of the wave.

It's the act of the info reaching the experimenters consciousness, what causes the wave of potential to collapse.

The experiment can be done with photons and electrons and even some more particles, with the same result.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Perhaps I am totally wrong, but what I understand is that somehow our consciousness acts as a stabilizing factor to the electron (I don't know if it is right or that a wave can even be compared with a particle, but I perceive a wave to be less "stable" than a particle), that we are somehow controlling its behaviour, movement, I don't really know how to call it. If that is correct, isn't it possible that our consciousness can also have some kind of influence over visible matter...? (however I still don't understand how that would be possible... wouldn't it be required from our consciousness to be energy or to direct energy so as to be able to have an influence over matter...?
)

Alexandros

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander1111

Well you could say that every single possible scenario happens, at the same "place", at the same "time".

Imagine the universe as a chaos of random potential, or waves of potential.

We, as consciousness, only experience that part of the potential that corresponds to our restricted knowledge, experience and expectations.

It's hard to translate the implications of these experiment to real life, and I'm certainly not saying that I understand how this works.

In any case, they prove that the very particles that form solid matter, and our physical reality, only do so, when they are being observed by a consciousness.

The act of observing one outcome, makes it impossible for the other outcomes to materialize.

So if we could somehow raise our boundaries as to what we perceive and expect, we should be able to materialize different outcomes.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've seen both what the bleep movies a few times, and read up a bit on quantum physics, and it's very confusing stuff. The biggest problem I have with all of this is: Scientists still have no real clue what's going on. A LOT of quantum physics is still guesswork. But the results are very real, and it's staggering to think of what perhaps can be done with it. Imho, if we do manage FTL travel, it may well be through manipulating this science.

I do NOT really agree with the premise that you see what your mind says you see, and it's unique to you as it were. I think if a small blue ball is there, it's a small blue ball to anyone who looks at it. It's color and shape are indeed set.

The theory of an atom moving here causes an atom to move at the exact same time across the galaxy causes all sorts of fun speculation. But again, scientists are not sure yet about how it all works.

The double-slit experiment is amazing imo. That something changes just because there is an observer astounds me. It's been done many ways, with more refined equipment (I think a Japanese team has done the most careful test with the best equipment possible), and it's always the same: something about measuring the position of the particle changes it from wave to single particle.

Some guy wrote a book about positive and negative energy (I think called The One), and I think that's simply quantom physics at work. I also am not sure about entaglement, I don't think there is enough proof to proove it is real.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
I would also like to add that in more advanced double slit experiments, it was found that:

-if you don't measure through wich of both slits the single particle goes, it wil behave as a wave after the slits.

-if you measure wich of both slits the single particle goes through, it will behave as a particle.

-if you measure wich of both slits the single particle goes through, but immediately erase the info of the detection, it will still behave as a wave.

This proves that the physical act of measuring, is not what causes the destruction of the wave.

It's the act of the info reaching the experimenters consciousness, what causes the wave of potential to collapse.

The experiment can be done with photons and electrons and even some more particles, with the same result.

Perhaps everything has already happened,
but, as there is a part of reality we lack any information about,
we can form a belief about the future that is at odds with the "real" future,
and by doing so, change it.

Once when I was driving with my family in the car I felt the knowledge being conveyed to me that I was about to be in great danger. It was a bit unsettling because I was almost certain I was actually being warned of something real, but had no idea what it was. I thought of pulling over, but there were big fast-moving trucks between my car and the curb, so that might have caused the disaster I could feel was so close.

This was on an 8 lane highway, divided in the middle by grass. My adrenaline was up and apprehension had me concentrating so hard by this time that everything seemed to be slowed down. So I saw what I may otherwise have missed until too late, a car plough crazily through all four lanes of traffic on the other side, coming straight at me like a rocket.

Somehow I could compute the trajectories fast, and knew to speed up rather than slow down. The car just clipped my back bumper, swinging my Austin around, and squished itself into the concrete erosion wall beside the road. Being in shock, I just righted my darling Austin and kept driving home.

I still wonder if it was my fate to die that day, and some force decided to give me enough information to change the event-stream.

Perhaps everything has already happened,
but sometimes we can see the future
and by seeing it, we collapse its reality wave,
leaving the particles of creation
to do with as we will.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
In the book of Mary?, I think, Jesus basically told Mary string theory. Jesus supposedly said "we are god" or "we are all god" or something. Jesus is supposed to have said the most valuable attribute is Courage, above all else. VERY FUNNY to me. . . .

A psyche once asked me what attribute I valued in friends above all others, and I answered courage.
She was pretty surprised, so I explained that without courage you can't make use of other positive attributes. Even love dies fast without courage behind it. You can't grasp new ideas or adapt to the changes that happen without courage. Without courage, you cannot live by your own ideals.

With courage, you can end up astonishing yourself with what you manage.

Btw, I'm not claiming great courage myself. It's seeing my own cowardice that showed me the need for courage.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join