It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcism on Paranormal State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
In last night's episode of Paranormal State, the team responded to a call from an Illinois family who believed that a spirit was trying to harm their daughter. It was determined that the girl was possessed and an exorcism was performed.

I have been watching the show since it began. It's entertaining, but until last night, nothing had happened to get excited about. Last night's episode was different. I don't think it was faked.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think about it?

It's showing again on Nov. 1st and 2nd on A&E.

ParanormalState-Exorcism episode

[edit on 10/28/2008 by Aislin]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I watched it last night as well. No idea if it was real or not, but it was interesting.

I don't watch the show very often because it seems Ryan always seems to find some demon or non human entity instead of your average paranormal activity. Everything is a demon to him.

Just like when Ghosthunters Taps started out, Jason would always say, " You know me, I don't say this very often, but I do believe you've got some paranormal activity going on". Now, every episode he declares they have paranormal activity and he often says that same quote over and over again.

I watch those kind of shows for entertainment only.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is this episode on youtube yet? will have to watch it later if it is

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
I watched it last night as well. No idea if it was real or not, but it was interesting.

I don't watch the show very often because it seems Ryan always seems to find some demon or non human entity instead of your average paranormal activity. Everything is a demon to him.

Just like when Ghosthunters Taps started out, Jason would always say, " You know me, I don't say this very often, but I do believe you've got some paranormal activity going on". Now, every episode he declares they have paranormal activity and he often says that same quote over and over again.

I watch those kind of shows for entertainment only.

I agree. Ryan does seem to learn toward the demonic. In almost every episode, he brings religion into it. Most of PS's solutions involve some type of religious act/gesture.

You're absolutely right about the Taps person. I have heard him make that statement many times.

I watch them purely for entertainment, also. This particular episode seemed more "real" to me than any of the others.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
Is this episode on youtube yet? will have to watch it later if it is

Yes, I found it on You Tube. It's broken up into parts.

I am six episode of Paranormal State

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
ooh thank you for that, think i'll have to watch it right now

I've also seen a few epi's of both shows, entertainment wise TAPS seems quite lame, really, whereas Paranormal State seem to have the more 'interesting' stories, yet, I feel a lot of it is played up to make it seem worse than it is on TV.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ugh- that girl is faking so bad. If you have ever seen "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", her story will sound very familiar to you. Also, she can't look Ryan in the eyes at all when she tells her story. She suddenly (conveniently) begins to feel sick and can't go on when Ryan presses her for more information on an "EVP session" she says she did in Oct of 2007.

During the initial investigation the mother mentions some of the markings, one of which is a pentagram scratched on the girl's leg. Pentagrams are not satanic and not associated with demons. This is a misconception amongst people who are ignorant of pagan symbolism and associate paganism with satanism and the demonic. There was nothing presented by the family that would have been irrefutable proof . She could have scratched herself, contrary to what the team was saying. In those pictures I saw a bunch of scratch marks that I could have done to myself with little effort.

She could have a psychological problem. I read that her brother was actually sick at the time. He had heart surgery right after the episode either aired or was done taping. I have been trying to find that update, but I can't right now- I will try to link it soon. Her brother is never mentioned in the show.

Another thing- Ryan, the team chief, has been on the heels of the demon "Belial" in a couple of episodes. Coincidentally (or not) this happens to be one of the six demons who possessed Emily Rose. Laura happens to have six as well. I think this girl in IL has it bad for Ryan. She was already in the care of a psychologist for some time, so something is up with her. It is not a stretch to see that she could concoct evidence even to harm herself in order to lure Ryan over to her house. There are several mental illnesses or personality disorders that have extreme attention seeking symptoms.

The final exorcism was really lame too. I was so disgusted. I feel bad for her sick brother, who couldn't get his parents full attention that he probably needed because his sister was sucking the life out of them. She is 26 years old, for crying out loud.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
During the initial investigation the mother mentions some of the markings, one of which is a pentagram scratched on the girl's leg. Pentagrams are not satanic and not associated with demons. This is a misconception amongst people who are ignorant of pagan symbolism and associate paganism with satanism and the demonic.

I didn't know that. Thank you for pointing that out.

I think this girl in IL has it bad for Ryan. She was already in the care of a psychologist for some time, so something is up with her. It is not a stretch to see that she could concoct evidence even to harm herself in order to lure Ryan over to her house.

Why do you think she "has it bad for Ryan"? I didn't see that.

The girl was definitely having emotional problems, but who wouldn't if they thought a demon was after them. It was my understanding that the parents had taken her to a pyschiatrist to see if it was a mental issue before calling Paranormal State.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
the part i called bull# on was how they said 7:30 emergency call to demonologist, and she said they can go on all night.
then it says exorcism continues, 11:46 or some #, and it was light outside. seems like bs to me. maybe shes schizo

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I was sorely disappointed with the episode, I too believe the girl was faking and just wanted some attention. I don't believe the exorcism was real, and the reason behind the exorcism was that the PRS wanted to see how far she/it would go (which turned out pretty lame if you ask me). At the end of every episode Ryan always gives his take on the situation, and if you noticed he didn't provide anything substantial at all, other than he believes they came to do what they were supposed to do. I think that means that he thought the girl was faking. But in case she has some serious mental issues, he didn't want to comment knowing that she is a fan of the show and that she would be watching it when it aired.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The show is complete trash. I watched it because there was nothing else on. I watched about 3 episodes of it the other day. Everything is about demons. The piano was haunted with a demon. The girl was possessed by a demon. They enter into it with religious overtones so of course it has to be something demonic. There are no good spirits to the religious like that. And I cannot believe they think that one lady is of any value. The one who did investigations on that house where the guy shot his family to death.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Paranormal State is probably one of my favorite shows. I watched both episodes of this girl and I dont know, At times I feel shes faking, and at times it looks believable. So im not very sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
yeah the entire show is fake.

i like how their psychics have %100 accuracy. they should use those skills.

but, the girl is obviously very troubled. something is going on with her.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have seen this episode of PS, and I can't make up my mind about whether this girl is faking or not. I do believe in demon possession though.

I just bought the book The Devil Rocked Her Cradle and after reading the prologue and just the first 3 or 4 pages, truthfully I am almost afraid to read it. Has anyone read about this very infamous case of possession in the early 1900's?

Here's a briefing and link to the story:

Warning: The following story contains references to spiritual matters of an extremely frightening nature. Readers with heart conditions, children and those who are otherwise ill-at-ease with detailed descriptions of demonic possession and its associated behaviors may not wish to continue reading beyond this point.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I live about 40 minutes from Quincy, Illinois and the talk around here is that the girl has been troubled and seeing a psychologist for a long time. Although its rumor, It's obvious that she isn't possessed by any demons.
Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves to allow someone who is obviously experiencing deep emotional and psychological problems to be used for such absurd entertainment purposes is simply wrong and highly immoral.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

I sorta felt that when watching it, that the girl had emotional issues, but then I wasn't sure if they were caused from the possession. Then you have the mother and father both describing incidents such as levitation, scratching etc. So maybe there will be more to the story later. Thanks for the info.

Side note: I expect it might be difficult to command a spirit at will. And the girl seemed very shy. I still think it is possible there may be demon activity going on, especially after I learned she had done evp's in her bedroom. That can be more dangerous than using a ouija board from what I am understanding.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ugh- that girl is faking so bad. If you have ever seen "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", her story will sound very familiar to you. Also, she can't look Ryan in the eyes at all when she tells her story. She suddenly (conveniently) begins to feel sick and can't go on when Ryan presses her for more information on an "EVP session" she says she did in Oct of 2007.

During the initial investigation the mother mentions some of the markings, one of which is a pentagram scratched on the girl's leg. Pentagrams are not satanic and not associated with demons. This is a misconception amongst people who are ignorant of pagan symbolism and associate paganism with satanism and the demonic. There was nothing presented by the family that would have been irrefutable proof . She could have scratched herself, contrary to what the team was saying. In those pictures I saw a bunch of scratch marks that I could have done to myself with little effort.

She could have a psychological problem. I read that her brother was actually sick at the time. He had heart surgery right after the episode either aired or was done taping. I have been trying to find that update, but I can't right now- I will try to link it soon. Her brother is never mentioned in the show.

Another thing- Ryan, the team chief, has been on the heels of the demon "Belial" in a couple of episodes. Coincidentally (or not) this happens to be one of the six demons who possessed Emily Rose. Laura happens to have six as well. I think this girl in IL has it bad for Ryan. She was already in the care of a psychologist for some time, so something is up with her. It is not a stretch to see that she could concoct evidence even to harm herself in order to lure Ryan over to her house. There are several mental illnesses or personality disorders that have extreme attention seeking symptoms.

The final exorcism was really lame too. I was so disgusted. I feel bad for her sick brother, who couldn't get his parents full attention that he probably needed because his sister was sucking the life out of them. She is 26 years old, for crying out loud.

Excellent post. Thats basically what I was going to say. People who don't understand symbolism and the occult tend to label things as satanic quite often. Occult does not = satanic. No matter how much religious fundamentalists say it does. I've studied this stuff for over 11 years and a good portion of things people label satanic in fact arent satanic in the slightest.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin

During the initial investigation the mother mentions some of the markings, one of which is a pentagram scratched on the girl's leg. Pentagrams are not satanic and not associated with demons. This is a misconception amongst people who are ignorant of pagan symbolism and associate paganism with satanism and the demonic.

I think this girl in IL has it bad for Ryan. She was already in the care of a psychologist for some time, so something is up with her. It is not a stretch to see that she could concoct evidence even to harm herself in order to lure Ryan over to her house.

The girl was definitely having emotional problems, but who wouldn't if they thought a demon was after them. It was my understanding that the parents had taken her to a pyschiatrist to see if it was a mental issue before calling Paranormal State.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin

You are right...it would have to be an inverted pentagram for it to stand for something evil or demonic!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I don't know if she was doing it for attention, fun...etc. but I do know that she really doesn't strike me as very determined to get rid of it. She was always so "wishy-washy" when the subject of getting rid of the problems were discussed with her. She is really utilizing the law of attaction on this one!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join