It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wildlife Fund says reckless consumption threatens the planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I know that as a planet we are the basic "Hog's" of it's natural resources, but when the implication is not just on one particular continent or country, it becomes more believable for the Masses as a whole.
Came across this story and thought I would share it with you all.

GENEVA (Reuters) – The Earth's natural resources are being depleted so quickly that "two planets" would be required to sustain current lifestyles within a generation, the conservation group WWF said on Wednesday.

"The consequences of a global ecological crisis are even graver than the current economic meltdown," he said.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Am9xxm0Iq7xQZhbSXbKyxqx34T0D

Actually a rather startling scenario of a worse calamity than the financial crisis,

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry much. The global meltdown should curb consumption worldwide. And if it goes up again, prices will just simply skyrocket when resources face shortage, real or imagined. Just look at rice a few months ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I really wasn't worrying about the prices going up, I was more concerned about my daughter's children, my grandchildren, being able to see a tree forest in all it's glory. Or a snow capped mountain in the fore ground.
I don't care about driving my car/ vehicle as much as the impact it will have on our very existence as a human race and the future of our own families.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I meant don't ya worry much about nature. Civilizations rise and fall. Nature will recover as some portion of humanity returns to the stone age due to the economic crisis.

top topics

join