It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantic Hurricane season starts 2 months early

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The season starts June 1 and lasts till Nov. 30. The season starts early when a storm is named before june 1st.

There is a system(s) off of Cape Hatteras right now(28-3-'04 10EST) that evolve into a feature worthy of being named. If anyone from the National Hurricane Center is watching the water the system will be called sub-tropical storm Alex.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Not trying to bust your bubble but a hurricane can form anytime of year. It's just from June to November it is the most likely (especially the second week of September). A hurricane or named storm to happen in April maybe unusual but it is not out of the question.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
yeah...well...I don't want it start.. I hate hurricane season and all the damn worrying....florida is due for one.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Last year was the 1st time on record that there was a named storm in April. Now it might happen again.

I cant wait till Florida gets slammed again, hurricane parties and new inlets are what I live for.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i hate hurricane season too. we're way overdue for one - a bad one. there hasn't been a truly bad one here since the 60's.

Do you evacuate when a hurricane comes or stay?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
you want florida to be slammed

thankfully i am inland..but i do live on a canal..so it could still possibly flood

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Depends on its strength and it's potential to strengthen. Anything over 90 mph and im out, also I live less than a mile from the beach so surge is a major danger. Ive stayed out here when they've evacuated the barrier island, its freakin awesome, a ghost town.

I love hurricane season.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hurricane season is cool with me...because I live on the opposite side of Virginia from the coast, haha. But last year when Isabel was coming, they just wouldnt shut up about it. All I got here was light rain.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OH Great ! I scheduled my vacation for the first week of June in Myrtle Beach !!!!

top topics

join