It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is controlling price of gas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Are middle east recession concerns truely driving the price of oil down and subsequently the price at the gas pump? Or is it part of something more devious? Could it be somehow orchestrated to pacify the masses at election time and thus gain votes? Is it coincidence that yearly lows are occurring prior to the election? Maybe... Anyone want to bet on prices chugging back up after the election?

[edit on 10/28/2008 by BlackProjects]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Or it could be: 'oh crap we overpriced it and the economy is collapsing anyway, the masters told us to turn the profits down so POOF'.

Makes it easier to afford and relieves pressure on the economy for a little longer making everything a little cheaper to run and transport, before the inevitable happens.

My 2c.

Or is it demand?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
as I said on another thread

the price is dropping because of the election and the talk of alternitive energy

as soon as the elections are over the price will go up higher than it was and the government will not do anything because they are also taking in the profits from it

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I remember when Jimmy Carter was our president, the most honest one,
Banks were asking for 20% interest rate. Oil companies were screaming to raise the price to $2/00 a gallon but the President refused. Some of his cabinet members turned out to be from Secret Societies that Jimmy Carter didn't know about it. Then I remember, he lost 2nd term. Today I know that was a conspiracy. Senior Bush as president allowed two largest oil companies to merge, created unemployment and went to War with Iraq. Junior Bush followed the same policies except that he went further. War, high unemployment, everything for Oil companies and Banks. If you go on Ralph Nader's internet page, you can read President Bush has a hand in high gasoline prices. In fact there were articles on his sight before George W Bush was elected that he is in the pockets of Big Pharmaceuticle and Oil companies. Just watch, when his presidency is over and Obama wins, you will see gas below $1.00 a gallon. I don't know exactly but I have a feeling by reading a lot that Automobile+ Oil Companies are all part of the conspiracy against Americans. Greed, greed, greed.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The price of oil per bbl is predicated upon availability, not demand. That is why the price of gas at the pump has not been in an exponential rise with the price per bbl.
Thank OPEC for that contrary bit of reality.
Oil was at the peak, over $155.00 per bbl, and the price for a gallon of gas rose to $3.99 in my area.
the price of crude now is at $59.00 a bbl and I'm still not paying 1/3 the price.
Reason is it costs alot to secure the cowardly Euros their cheap oil supply.
Cut off the Euros from their cheap U.S. protection and see what happens.
Neville Chamberlain lives.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Go to Peak oil board on ATS and Look up Lindsey Williams.

His theory is oil will dive to $50 and the dollar will be dropped as the
oil currency (in favor of a Gulf Bourse) which will crash it.

All contrived by the PTB (IMF)

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well it dropped some more.
now $2.28/gal for unleaded. Anyone think < $2 by Tue

[edit on 10/30/2008 by BlackProjects]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
OPEC is responsible for the price of crude oil. Thirteen countries have the power to speed up production or slow it down when they feel the need to do so. There are other countries who supply oil that are not part of OPEC and are watched closely by OPEC and OPEC will adjust to these other countries just so OPEC can keep it's current price it wants. We the people of all the world control it as well. We need that fuel to drive our vehicle, heat our homes, mow our yards etc... As long as we need it and buy it OPEC and all other oil supplies will make a profit at their desired price. Crude oil is the most traded commodity in the world so refineries buy the crude and make different grades of gasoline, diesel and heating oils for us. I think there's investors out there looking to make a buck from oil and speculate on the price. These guys sell paper contracts that have a big impact on the price in the oil market. Alot of consumers will speculate and stock up on oil instead of selling it and that raises the price too. It's one big game of making money at our expense. I really hope for my children's sake that oil will be a thing of the past in the near future.

[edit on 10/30/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm loving it,now when I fill up I'm paying around 68.00 about 2 months ago was paying 118.00 hope it goes back to the days when I was a kid,reemember gas wars 19 cents a gal

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Imagine that Saudi decreases supply day after election. So expect gasoline to rise tomarrow.

biz.yahoo.com...

I couldn't have guessed it.. oh wait I did..
Bush's buddies one last gift before he's out of there..small change in return for weapon systems we give them.

new topics

top topics

join