It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever you do henceforth, dont fall asleep!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If they report live some type of a team of aliens are presently pulling ppl's spirits or minds when those ppl fall asleep: What would you do to ensure that you dont fall asleep?

To expond: You see, the particular alien team already merged into ppl's brains, but the alien team can't do anything to you yet unless you fall asleep. And if you can make it just pass 24 hours straight with staying awake that long, the team of aliens leaves your brain alone because they honor things like will and effort.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Staying awake 24 hours isn't much of a stretch. Would it have to be REM sleep or would daydreaming count? Would just the state of "wandering thoughts" be enough to cause alien endangerment?

Staying focused for 24 hours would be much harder than just staying awake the same length of time.

If there was a real risk of aliens taking over my brain during times of lack of concentration, I would probably play country and western music. It would make one of our heads explode and I wouldn't care which one.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To make sure I don't fall asleep, I would stay awake.
Logical correct answer?
Coffee etc.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ravenflt]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well if it was down to staying awake "and" having ones attention steadfastly held I would loose in 5 minutes! I have 3 teenagers in my house well 4 if ya count my hub

Staying awake isnt a prob I hardly ever sleep but paying attention without being interupted would get me in a snap.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like installing windows updates.
Windows updates will not take effect until the computer reboots.

If you don't reboot till after changing / patching some files you have a chance in defeating the new patch / phone home util.

I guess I would apply the same principle. I would deprive myself of sleep and have some sort of mind bending drugs, temporarily lowering my IQ to about 50, in my system before I sleep. If the alien brain program has to calibrate during sleep, then it can calibrate to a barely functioning 4-year-old-like brain.
hopefully when I wake, I can fight the inner alien child, like I do the inner regular child on any given weekend!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

24hours awake is not ard feat for me. I do it on a nearly weekend basis. I think once i was awake for 46 hours strait.

It would be alot harder though if the aliens took all the caffeine away. haha

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Well what exactly are they gonna do to you if you do sleep? How can we know if this has been done to us already? What is the ends to this means?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Isnt this the plot of Invasion or some movie like that?

Booooooo

Stop trolling

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have to take medication to sleep as it is. Staying awake 24 hours would be a breeze for me.

All I would need is my laptop and a pitcher of strong tea.

It's supposed to be 32F tonight so frequent trips outside would help also.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Booooooo

Stop trolling

I was thinking the same thing. It's making me crazy that I can't remember the name of it.

I know that I could stay awake for 24 hours. Keep the room cold and the coffee hot and I can do it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I would most likely fall asleep.
After all, if they could do more with my spirit and mind than could I, they probably deserve it more than I do

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just bought fallout 3. Sleeping isn't in my schedule.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
24 hrs

Yeah, would be a good thread, if it was like a week...

Change it to a week and you have a challenge of human will

A day is easy

For a week...

dang it's still easy

all you'd have to do is a particularly nasty drug... you could go for weeks, people do all the time

Nope...

too easy

This would be a bad test of our endurance, we can waltz right over this

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would drink 80 cups of coffee.........Eat fifty snicker bars......And run like a mad man down the highway till I hit china...................lol..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Twenty-four hours? You're not exactly pushing the boundaries of human capability here. What if they required a strict adherence to decent grammar and spelling? Now that may present some of us with a challenge.
Invasion - 2007 [spoiler alert!]

Now, what if a 7-story alien invaded New York City, and a bunch of ding-dong twentysomethings were able to document their attempts to avoid harm's way? Oh, wait...

Incidentally, the opposite of "win" is "lose". To "loose" something is to set it free or release it. Just a little FYI...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Some info on how long you can go without sleep -

External Article Link

The easy experimental answer to this question is 264 hours (about 11 days). In 1965, Randy Gardner, a 17-year-old high school student, set this apparent world-record for a science fair. Several other normal research subjects have remained awake for eight to 10 days in carefully monitored experiments....

.....In the case of rats, however, continuous sleep deprivation for about two weeks or more inevitably caused death in experiments conducted in Allan Rechtschaffen�s sleep laboratory at the University of Chicago.

Apparently Gardners record has been beaten a few times.

Link to Wiki Article on This Topic.

Tony Wright on May 25, 2007 exceeded Randy Gardner's feat[10] in the apparent belief that Gardner's record had not been beaten.

Other sources claim his record was broken two weeks later by another student, Jim Thomas, Fresno State College, who stayed awake for 266.5 hours, and state that the 1981 Guinness record is 449 hours (18 days, 17 hours) by Maureen Weston, of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire in April, 1977, in a rocking-chair marathon.[11]

According to the Australian National Sleep Research Project,[12] the record for sleep deprivation is 18 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes. However, few details are available for this claim.

In an internal sleep deprivation study of the Liverpool John Moores University, UK among, it was claimed that a 20 year old student, Jonathan Daley, John Moores University, Liverpool, broke the world record by being deprived of 502 hours and 6 minutes (20.91 days) within a non-zeitgeber context of a windowless chemistry laboratory.

It is difficult to determine the accuracy of a sleep deprivation period unless the participant is carefully observed to detect short microsleeps, which the participant might not even notice.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As previously mentioned 24 hours wouldn't be that much of a challenge.

But what if prior to finding this out, you have overexerted yourself in some physical & mental activity, and find yourself getting tired?

It might become awfully tempting to just close your eyes for a second.

As for my personal record, 96 hours (4 days)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

I was thinking the same thing. It's making me crazy that I can't remember the name of it.

It's from an old movie called Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I think a remake of it has recently been done called simply, Invasion.

new topics

top topics

join