It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed to supply $15B to New Zealand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Fed to supply $15B to New Zealand

www.businessweek.com

The Federal Reserve says it will supply New Zealand's central bank with up to $15 billion, part of an ongoing effort by the Fed to break through a global credit clog.

Under the new "swap" arrangement, the Fed will provide dollars to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in exchange for that country's currency. "This facility, like those already established with other central banks, is designed to help improve liquidity conditions in global financial markets," the Fed explained in a brief statement.

The goal is to spur banks and other financial institutions to lend more freely, something that will help the U.S. and global economies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I know $15 billion dollars isn't that much to the U.S. but IT SHOULD BE ... we should stop investing in other countries well being and focus on our own ... i know it will benefit us indirectly, but come on we need to focus on issues at home ... i wonder where they're getting this money to give to these other countries ... i'm thinkin the people? ... idk just a personal thought ... not trying to be selfish but i think we should fix our own problems before we help out others ...

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
another step in backstopping the world's debt.

Great.

Well at least if we can get every country relying on the USD, it will stop the implosion for a little while.

Bernanke's thesis is in full swing

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What do you mean "we" should stop investing in other countries. "We," Americans, are not doing this, the international bankers who own the private Federal Reserve are doing this. They have allegiance to no country.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Under the new "swap" arrangement, the Fed will provide dollars to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in exchange for that country's currency.

This is the line that bothers me. "In exchange for that country's currency". Let that line simmer a minute. Apply that concept to every country the Central Banking Powers help and what does it lead to? Global economy steadily limiting the currency types, or just one of the stepping stones to the One World Order, One World Governance, New World Order. Pick your title, they all mean the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

nah, the answer is so much simpler than that - when the Dollar becomes absolutely worthless and we are like Zimbabwe, other countries' currencies will keep the Fed rich

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth

Under the new "swap" arrangement, the Fed will provide dollars to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in exchange for that country's currency.

This is the line that bothers me. "In exchange for that country's currency". Let that line simmer a minute. Apply that concept to every country the Central Banking Powers help and what does it lead to? Global economy steadily limiting the currency types, or just one of the stepping stones to the One World Order, One World Governance, New World Order. Pick your title, they all mean the same.

Bothers me too.

Why would NZ fall for it ?

What does NZ get out of it ?

Who runs NZ ?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Who runs NZ ?

He does. And he is in deep with the Fed gestapos.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

idk just a personal thought ... not trying to be selfish but i think we should fix our own problems before we help out others ...

They are getting the money from the same place we are getting our money
International banks.

Just wondering, what you just said seems to be dissonant to your avatar?..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Well at least if we can get every country relying on the USD, it will stop the implosion for a little while.

The USD is already the worlds reserve currency and the fed must serve this function - see the bretton woods agreement.

Its still only fiat money they are giving them.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

my avatar is directed at individual citizens who spend more money on material objects then the well being of others...i really don't think comparing my avatar to getting the us out of an 'almost recession' and strengthening the us dollar, rather then give another country money really qualifies for being similar

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I guess I don't see the difference. This is just the macro version of that position. A community is a collection of individual people. A society is a collection of communities. So society really is just every individual person.

not trying to be selfish but i think we should fix our own problems before we help out others ...

So in affect this is saying all of our individuals should not spend money to contribute to the well being of others, if they live in a different society.

Sorry if I am taking this out of context, I am specifically targeting that statement. Also, as we have said, the Fed is not US.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thats quite a lot considering the population.... 4,000,000 ish pop.

Hmmm lets do some rudimentary math....

That means New Zealand if it were the size of the USA 300 million ish, they would be getting ....... wait for it.........

1.1 trillionish dollars.

Hmm

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

not really at all ... the macro version of my avatar would be the us spending $15 billion on a new swimming pool for the white house ... instead of giving it to a country who needed it to feed starving children etc. ....

[edit on 28-10-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wait a second. I could certainly use $15 Billion from the Fed. Are you telling me that these bankers are trading USD's for failing currency?

That has to be the single worst idea I have ever heard.

"Here, your economy is awful, and your currency really isnt worth much, so Ill buy some to help you out and continue the downfall of your dollar. Call back next year when you are in this spot again."

Under this logic, I could take monopoly money and the line would read....

Under the new "swap" arrangement, the Fed will provide dollars to the Reserve Bank of salchanra in exchange for that country's currency.

Mindnumbing.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And I suppose the banks in NZ will all start 'loaning' money! Yeah right!

Keep your eyes open for more bank consolidations, as the 'little guys' get gobbled up, making the the remaining banks so huge that NZ can NEVER let them fail without risking utter ruination.

Sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Alright, fair enough.

Not really related to this issue since it's the Federal Reserve, which is not a federal agency of the US.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Loaning money that is propped up by a currency stretched so thin it is as transparent as plexiglass and sustains the weight of its debt with the tensil strength of cooked spaghetti.
You labeled it...a slight of hand move to begin gathering unto them what they perceive to be theirs...ala small banking institutions.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

thank you that was very off topic...

btw...

"The Federal Reserve System (also the Federal Reserve; informally The Fed) is the central banking system of the United States. Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system[1] composed of (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils. As of February 1, 2006, Ben Bernanke serves as the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System."

Source

Seems to me that if the FED was created by the U.S. that it would be a U.S. banking system ....

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I would say it was 1/2 on topic

The "private component" of the Federal Reserve is private international banks. Which is why I say that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join