It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IR camera - 7 UFO's seen.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How about making both sides happy by just saying these are
Extra Terestrial Birds?

Jeeez all this arguing over some dots. DOTS!

Looky here ------> .

There's another one here ------> .

And here -------> .

OMG Aleans!!
*Gasps* This time they brought some backup!

Seriously are people too desperate to jump to the conslusions to think pictures of dots that occupy a few pixels from millions of pixels as something out of the ordinary that they deserve anything more than a passing scoff?

There's NOTHING to get from these pictures. Good lord man it's only a few pixels wide, how on Erath can this thread be at the front page of ATS and 12 pages long?

[edit on 30-10-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebagel

Why are you here then? Last time I checked this board was for discussion of UFOs right? And I feel this thread is discussing UFOs. Nobody has claimed they were aliens, which you would know if you bothered with the discussion. Bottom line is if discussion of UFOs isnt what you want to see, maybe you took a wrong turn somewhere?

Anyway, back on subject, is the OP back?

We already have some bird shots from the control camera, however DK is going to take some at higher altitude, really just want to see if his cam can pick them up at that range.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
funny thing...

The broadest color vision is found in mantis shrimp as they do have hyperspectral vision, they see from infrared to UV.
rdabrenica.16.forumer.com...
www.biologynews.net...
zipcodezoo.com...
Shallow-water fish and most diurnal birds are tetrachromatic, they have cones from four spectral classes. The goldfish is a commonly used animal for vision experiments but they do not see in the infrared.
books.google.com...
Infrared is longer than 700nm
Deep red 700nm
Red spectral center 685
Birds red peak 580-600
Human red peak 575
Goldfish red peak 559
Bees do not see in this range

Human violet peak 425 to 415nm is the closest we come to this range
Birds UV peak 365-385
Goldfish UV peak 359
Bees UV peak 340

UV range 300 to 400nm
the-mouse-trap.blogspot.com...

hence birds dont hit these things.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tevis69
O and people that are all about the dots being "Birds"... I have never seen birds fly as fast as the OP indicates the objects moved... so obviously it is not a bird!

He is not really trustworthy, you need to read all the stories he has cooked up so far...

Dots ..... hmmmm

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

Originally posted by tevis69
O and people that are all about the dots being "Birds"... I have never seen birds fly as fast as the OP indicates the objects moved... so obviously it is not a bird!

He is not really trustworthy, you need to read all the stories he has cooked up so far...

Dots ..... hmmmm

And why should anyone trust your word on this?

One thing is quite clear from several forum members, anything they dont agree with appears to be "cooked up" and anyone who doesnt accept birds, balloons, or swamp gas, is a fantasist.

No offence but can you evidence your questioning of teh OPs credibility, or is this just another thread in which some of YOU decided in good military style who was credible and who wasnt?

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Truthfully because there are way to many unpleasant little groups of cynical people around. DK was wound up, harrased and allowed himself to respond when maybe he shouldnt have, but thats not sparing anything for the idiots who caused the problem.

Theres a whole bunch of them running around patting each other on the back with their "genius reality" honestly last time I checked a garden pond I saw more wisdom in it

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I myself am intrigued about infrared photography and what hidden mysteries it can reveal. What do you all think about 'the rods and critters' caught on infrared?

Btw, in my previous post I was only letting the person know who was asking DK a direct question why he wouldn't be able to get a response.

Aelf

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Rods im inclined to think of as blurfos or long exposures.

If they do exist then maybe some sort of bug, but unlikely to be any kind of craft. Critters, *shrugs* I still think most things stay as "UFOs", getting beyond that to giving something a concrete answer would be great

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's odd. I clicked on D4rk Kn1ght's profile (since I noticed his avatar was missing), and it says he was banned. Is there a topic I can go to or a moderator to PM to ask what the reason was?

As far as the picture goes. I'm not really sure what to make of it. It seems like another picture with dots in it, so I'm not sure if anything conclusive can be reached.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here a link to a pic of birds taking off taken with an IR camera, which do show up at long ditsances, if you take the time to go through Flickr IR selection you will also see pics with plurred birds in the background.
pic link

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Kurokage]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I see DK's last post was removed. That's probably the reason he was banned.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Yes flickr.com has many infrared pictures. White birds, black birds... Birds look similar in infrared to what they look like without filters in B&W pictures. Near infrared is not thermal imaging. Different wavelenghts.

Infrared photography is often confused with thermal imaging. The difference is basically one of wavelength of electromagnetic radiation since the infrared light with which my photographs are taken lies just beyond visible red light: this is why it is called near infrared. Near infrared radiation is not related to the temperature of the object being photographed - unless the object is extremely hot - since the object is not actually the source of the radiation. It is just reflecting it.

Source: www.atsf.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Nice quote, basically the point I made from the start but better put

Its a very odd image to see a bird show up like that.

There are IR imagers used for migration traffic, but they have very big ground mounted reflectors and I believe they are using true thermal technology equipment, not near IR. In those images they would show up as small white dots, buts significantly more powerful equipment designed to pick them up.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
DK was banned. The discussion can continue but it should not be about his banning. Any posts regarding the banning will be tagged as off topic.

carry on

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If you take the time to go through the pics, you can see a group of pigeons sitting on a wire fence, not black birds or white birds but a mix (taken with a camera similar to DKs), it was stated that IR cameras couldn't pic birds out at long range.
Edited to add: The photos in flickr prove to me that the second pic is just pigeons at the same distance as the lamp post.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Yes I was confused about the two types of infrared, and many people are. The linked page explains very well what does glow in near infrared (very hot objects only), but most of the light is only reflected. That's very confusing, as there is no way to tell which object is reflecting light and which object is very hot. So DK's initial assumption that the objects were not birds and very hot is plausible.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage

If you take the time to go through the pics, you can see a group of pigeons sitting on a wire fence, not black birds or white birds but a mix (taken with a camera similar to DKs), it was stated that IR cameras couldn't pic birds out at long range. The photos in flickr prove to me that the second pic is just pigeons at the same distance a s the lamp post.

Depends on the range. Remeber we are talking birds that would have to be flying at very high altitude here as they were just dots, for me thats way outside the range of this kind of equipment to be showing an IR blip like that.

In normal visible range you would see birds, however way up in the air where they are dot to the eye I just dont think this camera has the capability or the sensitivity to register like that.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Yes. Actually I found the pictures on flickr.com yesterday and didn't have time to post the links. There are buzzards too, with a white neck and mostly black body, and many other infrared pics. Interesting reference material.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Here a link to a pic of birds taking off taken with an IR camera, which do show up at long ditsances, if you take the time to go through Flickr IR selection you will also see pics with plurred birds in the background.
pic link

That image is exactly what you would expect of a normal near IR camera. At those kind of close ranges, 30-40 feet they will picture birds as birds, they arent showing up as IR dot, they are showing up as white birds which is perfectly normal. They are just white birds with movement blur.

At the range those would have to be to be birds, its well outside the sensitivity of a camera with that kind of rating.

Again, for those to be birds showing as just tiny dots, they would have to be very high and im still not accepting this camera would have picked them up at all. If anyone has a near IR camera they could test this and see if they could get birds to show up at that distance like that, i dont think so.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join