It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IR camera - 7 UFO's seen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have a converted to pure IR camera. A canon G6. Now, I was out trying it out as it was a beautiful sunny day. I was watching the skies and some thing very high up caught my attention with a glint and then was gone again, so I had a look through the cameras live view screen and saw not one but several objects travelling from south to north at high speed. All exif data is on the picture and you can see I was using a very high shutter speed due to the brightness of the day.

All I am going to say is that i have no idea what they were, but the amount of IR they pumped out must of been huge for me to be able to see them at such a high altitude as they passed over head.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by D4rk Kn1ght]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by D4rk Kn1ght]

Moderator-Note: Edited out request for email addresses.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

All I am going to say is that i have no idea what they were, but the amount of IR they pumped out must of been huge for me to be able to see them at such a high altitude as they passed over head.

How do you know what altitude they were flying at?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Because what caught my eye was at the limit of my eye sight, and there was high wispy cloud behind me and directly above, and these glints came over the edge of that. First one, then these in the picture.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Were they visable with eye? anymore snap shots?

Nice photo anyway, do you have a link for a more higher res version?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The first one that glinted caught my eye. The others seen here as I said were visible straight away in the cameras screen (its purely IR, has been professionaly converted) so i snapped the pic, and the next second they were gone over the tree northwards.

I have a higher res version but its too large for image shack. I can crop the area in light room if thats ok or you can u2u me and ill send the big version to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
u2u'ed and email provided, thanks, this is interesting, curious to see the photo in big non the less.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sent via email to you. Any one else want it just u2u me an addy and I am happy to oblige.

DK.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am curious as to how you think this might tie in with Dark Knight, if at all.

Respectfully,

Hank

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Its a curious pic, not really sure what those would be. On a normal pic you might say birds but on an IR only shot they seem to show up pretty distinctly.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hank,
to be honest with you I have totaly no idea what so ever. The glint as I say caught my eye but nothing else was visible until I looked through the IR system, hence it must of been physical and 'there' as the camera was able to capture it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Yes they do, and in an area of the sky where there was 'nothing' visible to the eye. I am very happy to of purchased the camera now.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll U2U in a sec - I'd like to see the hi-res version as well if possible. I work in imaging, I'd like to assess it in Photoshop.

I've been interested in equipping my Nikon D300 with IR capability, might it be as simple as just getting an IR filter, or is it more complicated (and expensive)?

Anyway, I work for a newspaper group, and I've been collecting a few pics with UFOs in the backgrounds (we've got around 30 photographers uploading their stuff constantly - I get their images ready for print). Anyway I've found a few in the past 5 months.

Did you manage to get any other examples with the IR camera yet?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Feel free to drop an addy in my u2u box. I sent it out to alot of folks already and am happy to do so for more people.

The filter route to IR is very difficult, as it requires long exposure times, and one major draw back is once the filters on you cannot see what your focusing on! so you need a tripod and a filter, plus a target that isn't moving.
As for this camera its fully IR with all glass replaced so it can both use high shutter speeds and be focused in both auto and manual modes.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I've been interested in equipping my Nikon D300 with IR capability, might it be as simple as just getting an IR filter, or is it more complicated (and expensive)?

Here is a link to a company that are very good at doing complicated IR work on DSLR cameras and also for the brave, do it yourself instructions.

www.lifepixel.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Good to see you DK my friend. Please allow me to be the first to flag this thread as we continue our infinite pursuit of a truth or two.

Excellent eye I must say to even notice those high fliers.

How much do you have invested in the camera DK?

I've been photographing some nasty chemtrails lately myself, as spraying seems to have really increased around these parts.

link to chemtrail pics

HS4

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Please don't use the u2u system to tell me I could of got a better pic and zoomed more and blah blah blah. Its a new camera, I am learning with it, and when I can get it working without looking at it, I'll get better images.

Till then, just be happy I am willing to send out the hi-res to you so you can look yourself, and also willing to share it on the boards, and just happend to get a fairly decent shot in IR of some thing unusual IMHO.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveSeen4Myself

A couple of hundred pound sterling was all. An utter bargain considering it had been converted to IR for me-the video mode is mind boggling with an IR torch (flash light).

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Those tiny, little dots in the photo could be just about anything. Birds, insects, balloons or even the good old chinese lanterns...

Sorry, but personally I don't see anything very exciting here.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I cropped it a little and zoomed in, if thats ok?

I inverted the colour also so i could see better,

I have to say i am very impressed, I have to get myself better equipped.

Thank you
azz

[edit on 28/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
Those tiny, little dots in the photo could be just about anything. Birds, insects, balloons or even the good old chinese lanterns...

Sorry, but personally I don't see anything very exciting here.

Not in IR they couldnt. Bird dont radiate like that in an IR spectrum.

Thats what makes the photo so interesting, whatever they are they are giving off a strong IR kick.

Maybe with the light of the sun on pure white birds you would get that image, but somehow it seems a little odd for birds to look like that under IR filter.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by silver6ix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join