It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Jumps on Tuesday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The dow went up 10.89% or 889.35 points.

Nasdaq up 9.5% or 143.57 points.

In the last 4-6 weeks I have seen more massive swings-one day after the next.

Weird and scary times we are in.

The end is near, or close or not..............it seems to change day by day.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Deadcat bounce.

Move along, nothing here.

Wait til after X-Mas.

Then you will see sub 5000

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I thought I saw on tv that the first of the bailout money is going out. (CNN????)

I admit to knowing next to nothing about economics, but here is what I see.

If the bank(s) and such are buying stock with the money.

By the time the money to purchase runs out, will there be enough "confidence" in the market to hold on, or will it free fall?

As for the dead cat bounce, honestly, I have heard that term used every time we have a 500+ point jump in stocks.

I guess I am asking how many bounces before the cat is dead and still???

P.S.I hope with all my heart you are wrong about after christmas, but I do have some worries...............

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Look up and study what CDS are.

Look at the price that institutions have to cover in those credit swaps.

50+ trillion?

Do you get it?

Wheres that money gonna come from?

hmmmm

That is why I said Deadcat bounce.

Another reason is..... take a look at the charts?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The most I got from CDS is that debt (bad debt) was sold in packages to other countries banks.

It was my understanding, that this is what is causing global crashing (everyone has lots of the bad debt).

The biggest problem, as I see it, is if the US can't buy any more, factories in other countries will close, their workers will be jobless. Jobless people can't buy things in their local economy.........

My last point is this, the originator’s of this scam were from the US, BUT!!!!, bankers in all other countries jumped onto the bandwagon right away.

The world banking crisis is a world caused problem and will be a world suffering issue.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To understand how deadly CDS are... Look and see how recently it was lifted from almost 100 years of being illegal.

Yes 2000. 8 years and now this implosion......

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The banks who recieved the bail out money already admitted they where sitting on the money and many telivised conference calls with these idiots revealed that they where going to buy up other banks financial s etc with the money. Well today you watched them buy up a huge chunk of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
The most I got from CDS is that debt (bad debt) was sold in packages to other countries banks.

Not quite, that's MBS or Mortgage Backed Securities.

CDS are Credit Default Swaps. They're ugly and really difficult to understand. I tried to break them down in this post earlier in the month.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiredPirate

50+ trillion?

Do you get it?

hmmmm

Isn't a CDS an insurance policy? If their is no default doesn't the policy just expire?

Here's an article I found particularly amusing...

Volkwagon

You can keep hoping for a crash if you want to and you'll end up like the short sellers that had to cover their asses when Volkswagon went back up...

The question I really want to hear answered is when are the people who are stuck with the belief, or is it sincere hope, that the markets are all going to crash going to finally arrive at the conclusion that nothing spectacular is going to happen. What you're seeing is about all you're going to see.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

50+ trillion?

Do you get it?

hmmmm

Isn't a CDS an insurance policy? If their is no default doesn't the policy just expire?

Here's an article I found particularly amusing...

Volkwagon

You can keep hoping for a crash if you want to and you'll end up like the short sellers that had to cover their asses when Volkswagon went back up...

The question I really want to hear answered is when are the people who are stuck with the belief, or is it sincere hope, that the markets are all going to crash going to finally arrive at the conclusion that nothing spectacular is going to happen. What you're seeing is about all you're going to see.

Hope so.

I hope you are right.

My line of thought.....--------> This is the "beginning" and no I am not doom and gloom. Look out below, the markets will be held up by Elections/X-mas, then the ceiling will give way.

But again I truly hope this is "all" we see.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is the way I see things...Over the long term markets are rational. Over the long term people are rational, even if they are totally irrational eventually it all makes sense.

The people who have hitched their wagons to the idea of total global collapse and worldwide catastrophe are going to be disappointed when they realize that the big bang they were hoping for happened last month and it wasn't all they had come to expect and hoped for.

Anarchy will not reign, society will not implode and if you don't find a real job or skill of some sort you'll barely be able to take care of yourself.

No doubt, the American financial markets took a direct hit. That was the real 9/11, seven years after the fake 9/11.

They'll still pull ever more abstract concepts out of their bottomless bag of tricks, after the MBS and CDS bombs fail to destroy us, hoping that this'll be the one that takes 'em out, but it won't be. And they won't know why, they will say, just wait 6 more months, maybe in 2012, then 2020 and so on and so on...

I am definately beginning to see a pattern of utter hopelessness and despair regarding this topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is the way I see things...Over the long term markets are rational. Over the long term people are rational, even if they are totally irrational eventually it all makes sense.

The people who have hitched their wagons to the idea of total global collapse and worldwide catastrophe are going to be disappointed when they realize that the big bang they were hoping for happened last month and it wasn't all they had come to expect and hoped for.

Anarchy will not reign, society will not implode and if you don't find a real job or skill of some sort you'll barely be able to take care of yourself.

No doubt, the American financial markets took a direct hit. That was the real 9/11, seven years after the fake 9/11.

They'll still pull ever more abstract concepts out of their bottomless bag of tricks, after the MBS and CDS bombs fail to destroy us, hoping that this'll be the one that takes 'em out, but it won't be. And they won't know why, they will say, just wait 6 more months, maybe in 2012, then 2020 and so on and so on...

I am definately beginning to see a pattern of utter hopelessness and despair regarding this topic.

To add.....

I see it like chipping away and whittling a piece of wood for the PTB. TPTB have a "vision", but they cannot make this vision a reality overnight.

Slowly they create minor/major disasters that allow for more "reform", more laws, more legislation. Every time, we as peasants lose more rights and more liberties, without even knowing it half the time...

Soon, after hundreds of years, more control is on their side of the court, less on the peoples........

No?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

To add.....

I see it like chipping away and whittling a piece of wood for the PTB. TPTB have a "vision", but they cannot make this vision a reality overnight.

Slowly they create minor/major disasters that allow for more "reform", more laws, more legislation. Every time, we as peasants lose more rights and more liberties, without even knowing it half the time...

Soon, after hundreds of years, more control is on their side of the court, less on the peoples........

No?

I don't know...Very few Governments last hundreds of years. They usually die long before that so its hard to tell.

America just might be the oldest continuous political system currently in existence, if not the oldest of all, the oldest of the Major Powers, certainly.

What powers don't you have...that you want?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The problem is that the bail out is not been used for the toxic mortgage default.

The financial institutions are using the money to buy out the banks that are now in trouble because the big banks getting the bail out are not lending to them still.

While the toxic debt is forgotten in the back the big banks are playing the monopoly game with the smallest banks with the tax payer money.

So the rest of the world are in the same situation with their toxic debt thanks to the US and still no able to get rid of it.

Now I wonder who are the big winners in wall street today.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wooo Hoo! And Tomorrow's headline: Dow Drops on Wednesday. Up and down Up and down up and down. This is no surprise. I predict a 350 point drop tomorrow...then another 200 on Thursday...followed by a 150 drop on Friday.

new topics

top topics

join