It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Attack At Obama Party

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Are you guys forgetting something?

Isn't Obama from Illinois?

Surely if something did happen, it would create a social upheavel of some level.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

First off I said murder capital of the US, not the world. I did the liberty of looking it up as said from my mouth above and it indeed is. (4th entry down confirms)

Im sorry, you get two different cities, New Orleans and Chicago. But that doesn't mean anything or have anything to do with riots and whether there will be one or not.

Second, A crowd does not neccesarily have to be in a bad mood to riot and the riots dont even have to be politically motivated especially with a crowd of 1 Million +. Its hard to wrap your head around those numbers.

I already addressed this in my prior post mentioning both a riot at a college which was obviously an out of control party, and a sports team WINNING a pennant. I know that riots can happen when people are in good moods. But to automatically assume that a million people are going to riot just disgusts me. Im so tired of the negativity. Why is that the first thing that anybody in this thread thinks of?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nobody is suggesting a million people rioting. Whats being suggested is that 1 million people are going to be allowed to accumulate in one small area with little to no security. The thread title was labeled "Terrorist Attack" not riot. Riots just so happen to be a possibility but this thread itself is more about the safety of people.

I could care less what happens to Obama or Biden, but a million people and no security spells trouble and not just in the terms of riots.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I remember Chicago every time it rains. I remember the police riot at the Democratic Convention in '68. I still have the crease in my skull from making the mistake of leaving a restaurant at the wrong time and meeting one of Chicago's finest at the door. The eldest child of the moron that ran the city then, is running the political machine in Chicago now. I find it very probable that with a million in the streets, Chicago, as we know it now, will be rubble after the election, no matter who wins this election!!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The mayor of Chicago ought to call the mayor of Boston to see what happens when one starts to plan a party before achieving victory.

Remember the Patriots.......

Oh how they fell against those mighty Giants.......

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Back on topic, It would be a prime scene for this but so would many others. The short notice IMO would deter the ability to plan something on a large scale.

I thought we may have seen something this weekend with 80K Brits watching American football. 2 birds with 1 stone opportunity.

Hope to god nothing happens but to me it just feels imminent.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
would not this be a good place to have a nuke accident. Obama and family, Biden, maybe Palosi, Reid and a few other top dems. maybe an rouge out of control cruise missile that launched itself because of a hardware malfunction or a software glitch. you know how the more complex some machines are the more things that can go wrong. just a thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Velvet Death

Naw...nothing like that......It would make this board sing like Whitney Huston! But...... it could happen!!!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I remember Chicago every time it rains. I remember the police riot at the Democratic Convention in '68. I still have the crease in my skull from making the mistake of leaving a restaurant at the wrong time and meeting one of Chicago's finest at the door. The eldest child of the moron that ran the city then, is running the political machine in Chicago now. I find it very probable that with a million in the streets, Chicago, as we know it now, will be rubble after the election, no matter who wins this election!!

Zindo

chicago will be in rubble? Oh good grief. honestly the extreme thinking found on ats these days is getting to be unhealthy

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Maybe you don't remember Chicago after that riot. It took months to rebuild the businesses that where burned out and the cars that burned cleared. That was only like 5000 people. You piss off 3-4 hundred thou and you ain't never gonna rebuild!!lol

Zindo

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i suppose, but i just dont see it getting that bad.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You complain the government wont let you assemble in a proper way . Things about to many checks and to many cops being out of line. So you get some freedom and you all complain it will be a Terrorist attack or a riot they are just letting it happen from lack of government and police interference.

We will always have Hooligans , Blocs , drunks and just plain old trouble makers among us . Just the worse you make it for them the larger the crimes they will commit to make it worth the punishment.

By calling these people terrorist and what they do terrorism gives them power. The power to put fear in you.

Its like the medias plan to make you fear for your safety so much that you demand your rights be taken away has come into full effect and is working well.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ok, maybe it's just me seeing the correlation here, but I remember another politician not too long ago, great orator, kinda like barry; who had a faithful cult following, kinda like barry; and who liked to have large night-time rallies,. huh, kinda like barry...

Now that I think of it, there is also the gun control, social programs, wealth redistribution...hmm. these two guys sure seem to be alot alike...

Google: Nuremberg Cathedral of Light

www.bytwerk.com...
www.bytwerk.com...

People have night-time rallies because people are less rational at night due to the darkness and the tired state of people at the end of a day. The mob mentality kicks in much easier.

**Hypothetical situation(much more realistic than Al CIAda attacking imho)**

The election is close, there are allegations of fraud, but it looks like Obama should have won, but McCain is leading in the polls. All it would take would be a short speech about how we will "fight on to the end" and "we will be heard" and "we want change, the american people want change, and they will have change" and perhaps a little "the American people have spoken, and you have chosen me to be your next President"

Add in a couple of instigators for good measure and you have a mob in a pot.

** I state that it is more likely because then there would be reason for the crackdown by National Guard troops, which Blago has already said he would use in a LE capacity and if there is "continued rioting" bring in the USARMY for Martial Law.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I heard the mayor on the radio today talking about security being in the hands of secret service.
This has been a theory of mine and I sure hope nothing happens. But He was offered I believe it was the United Center to hold his party but it was rejected for one reason or another.

Chicago is now the murder capital of the world and Mayor Daily is already talking gun ban since there is already a smoking ban.

I'm not voting for him but you can pretty much guess how bad an outdoor venue would be.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The city of Chicago has Neil Sullivan to help with the security issues that could arise in Grant Park.

I do not know anything about this guy, but I sure hope he knows his stuff.

This is said to be smaller the The Taste of Chicago but with a lot tighter security. I am nervous though and will not be there!!! LOL!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
These are emotions like I have never seen before...over a political figure. Emotions run high and all it takes is one little thing to get it all going. I have seen people riot over a sports event. People trampled if there was a gunshot in a night club. All I am saying is I just hope that they are using LOTS of security. I admire Obama for making himself available to his fans but I dont know about this event. Got some bad mojo about this thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I grew up in Chicago, on the northwest side. Each year during the Taste of Chicago, we draw over 3 million people to Grant Park. Our 4th of July celebration (actually celebrated on the 3rd of July) draws over 1 million people to Grant Park on that day alone.

Yes, we have isolated incidences. Each year however, a shooting or two has occured just on the outskirts of the Taste.

The Chicago Tribune reports the Secret Service will be in full charge of this event and admission tickets will be required to enter. All bags will be checked and people can't enter Grant Park grounds until 8:30pm.

Planning events of this magnitude is nothing new to Chicago.

I will agree with a few posters of this thread though, the emotions for Obama are obviously QUITE HIGH. Regardless of the outcome, there will be a handful of those looking for trouble and an excuse. It happens--Chicago Bulls championships, Chicago White Sox championships, Chicago Cubs (oh wait, nevermind!).

I agree with many, as a Chicago native, I don't like the idea of being there and wouldn't think to ever bring my kids near there. This election is not a lock and I would hate to be around a crowd that enraged and/or angered and/or happy.

Here's to the Second City, My Kind of Town!

www.swamppolitics.com...
Early details about ticketing information are coming out this afternoon for what Sen. Barack Obama's campaign hopes will be an Election Night celebration in Chicago's Grant Park.

An electronic invitation being sent exclusively to Illinois supporters also says gates for the event will not open until 8:30 p.m., well after the end of the downtown rush hour.

After proving a Web address for ticket applications, the invitation states that "an official printed ticket is required for entrance" and that each ticket will be valid for two people.

The e-mail also says that supporters will have the printable tickets e-mailed to them prior to the event.

"One request per person," the invitation says. "Duplicate requests from the same name will be rejected."

As expected, it appears that people will need to pass through metal detectors to gain entry, similar to going through security at the airport.

"For security reasons, do not bring bags. Photo ID is required. Please limit personal items. No signs, banners, chairs, or strollers allowed," the invitation says.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by MOFreemason]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

If obama loses i believe it will happen. I'm just stating that their anger will actually hurt the very people that were supporting him. Complete innocents will be physcially beaten and have their property stolen and damaged. This is what happens in riots.

Could there be riots if he wins? Sure....it's possible. But it won't be anywhere near the scale if it was the other way around.

And you are basing these assumptions on exactly what?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think he gets assissinated

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
Nobody is suggesting a million people rioting. Whats being suggested is that 1 million people are going to be allowed to accumulate in one small area with little to no security. The thread title was labeled "Terrorist Attack" not riot. Riots just so happen to be a possibility but this thread itself is more about the safety of people.

I could care less what happens to Obama or Biden, but a million people and no security spells trouble and not just in the terms of riots.

[edit on 10/28/2008 by AndrewTB]

It seems as though you are trying to say, although not in so many words, that Obama supporters are more likely to riot than McCain supporters.

Is this what you are attempting to portray?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join