It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.N.R.=suicide mission=excepting the great entity's(god) will

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
d.n.r.=do not resuscitate

This is actually excepting the fact that you are ready for death

doctors want to keep you alive but this is against the will of the great entity(god) for you to go into the next plane of existence

doctors=playing god

I am willing to except death and I will not stop it by going to a doctor.

Does this mean I am on a suicide mission or does this mean I am willing to except the great entity's decision to take me from this plane of existence

Any opinions one way or the other?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by rtcctr]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rtcctr

It's a very interesting topic and I don't really think there are any right or wrong answers to this.

I used to have a living will that confirmed I did not want to be resuscitated but that was before I had children. Now my views have changed and I honestly think that if I can be resuscitated, so I can be around for them, then that's what I'd want.

What if someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness - should they choose not to try any treatments? What if someone has a headache - should they just suffer the headache as part of God's will?

I don't have a definite view on 'God' and what he/she/it actually is but I do believe in a higher intelligence to the whole universe. Whatever that intelligence is, it also gave us the ability to be able to resuscitate, so why not? I have a great life and I wouldn't want to give that up without a fight. That's not to say that I wouldn't want to have the right to uthenasia though. If I had a terminal illness and reached a point where my suffering was too much then I'd like the option to end my life.

I think it all comes down to individual choice and I'd respect someone else's decision not to be resuscitated.

join