It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Largest Blight on our Constitution Continues: Military Defense Lawyer, Client, Boycott Gitmo Tr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ok, this is the second case to go to trial out of some 80. The entire thing is crumbling beofre their "it's a goddamned piece of paper!" eyes.

Ali Hamza al-Bahlul, facing a possible life sentence, sat mutely at the defense table. His lawyer announced the prisoner was boycotting the trial because he did not want a military attorney and because the judge had denied his repeated requests to represent himself.

The appointed defense attorney, Air Force Maj. David Frakt, asked to be relieved in deference to his client's wishes, but the judge refused. Frakt then said he could not participate either.

"I will be joining Mr. Al-Bahlul's boycott, sitting silently at the table," said Frakt, who then refused to respond to several questions from the judge.

crooksandliars.com...

Sad indeed. Gitmo is an outright attack on habeas corpus and everyone should fear that.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"habeas corpus" is dead. The Patriot act killed it.

It was the key to empowering them to kidnap and torture.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Reply to maxmars:

I think these trials are going to expose the issue so much that the rule of the constitution will eventually turn this and we will have law again. Here's to hoping anyway.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Reply to maxmars:

I think these trials are going to expose the issue so much that the rule of the constitution will eventually turn this and we will have law again. Here's to hoping anyway.

ColoradoJens

I hope you are right. The problem is no one wants to answer for eliminating it in the first place. Every political meat puppet wants to be able to say they were against it. Since none of them can rightly make that claim ('true' patriots that they are
) they will likely leave this until most of them are dead and gone. Sort of like investigating JFK's assassination.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes, I see your point. I think the media age we live in gives us the advantage of instant parsing of the info within such a fast time frame that we might be able to nail down the bastards faster. Then again, it has been proven that our media obfuscates many of the issues intentionally.

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

join