It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Biden says people over $150k will be taxed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It used to be $250,000 and above and Joe Biden now says it is $150,000 and above.

redistribution of income it on the way!!!

www.youtube.com...

Embedded video

[edit on 28-10-2008 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i like the redistribution of wealth idea, it just might be too good to be true. this might be the october surprise that blows the election for obama. i can smell the fear of the rich. wll it be enough to change the tide? this next week is going to get nasty!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well that is not surprising.
My mother always said that "Lies have a way of catching up to you".
Looks like Biden can't remember if the lie was $250,000 or 150,000.
But alas..other posts will follow saying:
1. "Biden didnt mean that"
2. "Biden corrected it in a later interview"
3. "Look at your sources"
4. "what does this have to do with Obama"
5. "More Obama smear campain"
6."Biden was misquoted"
(I could go on..I'm sure
)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
link

McCain was correct in his debate last night noting that Senator Obama increased taxes on people who make as low as $42,000 a year.

MCCAIN: But, again, Senator Obama has shifted on a number of occasions. He has voted in the United States Senate to increase taxes on people who make as low as $42,000 a year.

And what was Senator Obama's response to McCain's charges immediately afterwards?

OBAMA: That's not true, John. That's not true.

MCCAIN: And that's just a fact. Again, you can look it up.

Look it up, indeed. You can see that Barack Obama voted at least 94 Times (from Factcheck)for higher taxes during his three years in the U.S. Senate and voted for increasing taxes on individuals earning as little as $31,850:

obamas history shows he WANTS to tax the middle class but will do it like this:

first SAY you're only after 250k then 200k then 150k

sooner or later you get to the whole middle class and they were too stupid to realize what you were doing and already elected you president.

it's rediculous people don't look up the facts about his tax record.

it's rediculous he's getting away with all of this.

[edit on 123131p://upTuesday by indigothefish]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

You forgot the extreme group that will inevitably say: "150K, that's great. Taxes should be raised on anyone making above 30K."

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think when it is all said and done people with less than 250k will be taxed. With so much lingo and wording it will be hard to decipher who is really paying what. And by the time people catch on it will be too late. Just facing reality....With so much that has been going on I can't see how taxes can't go up. Either that or severely limit what government spends.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

It doesn't surprise me at all. As the saying goes, the good news is that Democrats only tax rich people...the bad news is that by 'rich', they mean you.

Luckily, Biden has a big mouth and is known for cramming his foot into it every now and then. Hopefully people will wake up. The tax increases won't end at $150,000, either.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It is likely that Biden misspoke. Everyone knows that Biden has a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease and often speaks before his brain catches up to his words.
Putting Biden on the ticket was about as dangerous for Obama as Palin was for McCain.

I wanted to check to make sure the YouTube video wasn't creatively edited and noticed the transcript was not available on WNEP's site.

Either the tape was edited to make the Obama campaign look bad or Biden made those remarks which is more probable.

In either case, WNEP needs to make the original tape available to the public!

[corrected formatting]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree with you! We are always given thr mumbo-jumbo of what ALL government officials are doing to us!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This thread should be removed for false attacks against Biden! In the video he mistakenly said $150,000, but we all know he meant $250,000, which is what Obama has stated in every debate!
Is it $250,000?
Is it $150,000?
Is it $200,000?
"The Yo Yo Effect"
You decide...But remember..NEVER question them!!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
This thread should be removed for false attacks against Biden! In the video he mistakenly said $150,000, but we all know he meant $250,000, which is what Obama has stated in every debate!
Is it $250,000?
Is it $150,000?
Is it $200,000?
"The Yo Yo Effect"
You decide...But remember..NEVER question them!!
www.youtube.com...

I for one, did not defend Biden.

He runs off at the mouth just as badly as McCain's other half. In my opinion both VP's are an embarrassment to their respective campaigns.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Anyone who believes that any dollar figure, be it $250,000 and above or $150,000 and above, that these politicians are currently vomitting, are severely deluded that any of these figures are a "ceiling" or "floor" of any type. When it comes to the promises made about taxation the inaccuracies increase in intensity the closer to election day we get. These idiots will say anything to appease whatever crowd they are in front of at the moment just to cull votes. I dont believe any politician that makes promises about taxation. They simply can not be kept.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
It is likely that Biden misspoke. Everyone knows that Biden has a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease and often speaks before his brain catches up to his words.
Putting Biden on the ticket was about as dangerous for Obama as Palin was for McCain.

I wanted to check to make sure the YouTube video wasn't creatively edited and noticed the transcript was not available on WNEP's site.

Either the tape was edited to make the Obama campaign look bad or Biden made those remarks which is more probable.

In either case, WNEP needs to make the original tape available to the public!

[corrected formatting]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by clay2 baraka]

it would be wrong if i just ruled out that is would be possible that he just "made a mistake" or "accidently said the wrong number" but then again

1. he's been doing speeches for a long time, he should be used to memorizing a number

2. it could be, and YOU clay, should not rule out, that this is nothing more than him and obama counting down to obamas tax record which is that he has passed bills to tax those under 40k a year, and wnats to do so in presidency...

you never know, but at this point i'll go with the proven record obama has made and assume since they're already counting down numbers that obama STILL wants to tax the middle class.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I find it rather humourus that we are even trying to decide "who" will be taxed at all. Look at the economy and tell me we arent ALL going to be taxed in some way or another. Its going to come from somewhere whether its in the grocery store at the pump or on your 10-40 ! All that money they printed isnt going to pay for its self. we are going to pay for every dime of it and it doesnt matter if we fall. because all the people in high places will still be there looking down on their new force of slaves.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
and think about this , with all this money there dumping into the economy, there estimating inflation to double the money supply.. so if you maek 75,000 now then yourll be making 150,000 next year.. and dinged for high income but your dollars will still buy less since inflation will make everything double in price..

And that's if you have a job at all..

PS don't vote for MCccain either hes just as bad but on another end of the spectrum..

Vote for a third party

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-ville
and think about this , with all this money there dumping into the economy, there estimating inflation to double the money supply.. so if you maek 75,000 now then yourll be making 150,000 next year.. and dinged for high income but your dollars will still buy less since inflation will make everything double in price..

And that's if you have a job at all..

PS don't vote for MCccain either hes just as bad but on another end of the spectrum..

Vote for a third party

That is a very interesting theory. I think you are giving them too much credit for factoring inflation into their tax table.

If our government really is that cunning, we are definitely screwed.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't like taxes either. However, Please explain to me how we are going to close the gap of 11 Trillion dollars? How? By putting our head in the sand and hope that it goes away? It is never going away because tax breaks and increased spending over the past eight years have made it an unsurmountable deficit. We will have to pay for it, one way or another. That's the sad truth of the matter. McCain says he can cut spending but still stay in Iraq. How is he going to do that, I wonder?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Pretty soon it will be everyone making 40 thousand. Palosi will ensure that.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mabus325
It used to be $250,000 and above and Joe Biden now says it is $150,000 and above.

He did not say that.

He just said tax breaks should go to people making under $150k. He didn't say anyone over that would have increased taxes. You have to listen to what's being said and not try to make it into something he didn't say...

Source

Biden aides say his comments were actually consistent with Obama's tax plan -- people under $150,000 get a cut, and people making up to $250,000 stay the same.

Indeed, here's what Obama said at the Saddleback forum in August: "What I can say is under the approach I'm taking, if you make $150,000 or less, you will see a tax cut. If you're making $250,000 a year or more, you're going to see a modest increase." ***CLARIFICATION *** The Obama campaign tells First Read that this is how Obama's plan breaks down: People making less than $250,000 will not see their taxes increase, and people making less than $200,000 will receive some type of tax cut. And all of this is essentially reflected in the Tax Policy Center stats below.

*** UPDATE *** An Obama aide points out to First Read that the $150,000 figure Biden was citing was simply an example of what someone making that amount would get under Obama's tax plan. Indeed, Biden's $150,000 remark came after he referred to someone making $1.4 million.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Americans have been absolutely milked by lying officials waging phony wars designed to make the top 1% even richer while everyone else pays.
And the bailout, plus the extra $650 billion handed over silently before the $700 billion + $150 billion earmarks was approved, has been the last slap in the face before the neck-lock is applied.

Everybody but the very rich is paying already. Property, shares, investments are mostly losing value. Jobs are being cut. Funding for the essential services that keep a society healthy are being cut. And the poorest are not even referred to in the speeches of any candidate.

Back when I was a kid, America was proud of the way it took care of all of her citizens. And the decreases in education standards and general caring have not saved anyone money. Americans still pay as much per head for health and education and pensions as other countries in which people are far better cared for. The difference is the corporations who accept money to provide services, but then make every effort to avoid providing them. They are growing fat at the expense of the ordinary worker.

It was once believed that a civilization can be judged by the care it takes of its most helpless. But "the system" preaches fear and apathy instead of the empathy, and few Christians remember Jesus' words, "Whatsoever you do for the least of these, my children, you do also unto me."

Taxes can't be fought by fighting taxes. We have to stop the stupidity that causes them, otherwise taxes are inevitable. We have to stop paying for the liars' wars. We have to stop paying all the healthcare money to uncaring health insurers and greedy pharmaceutical (poison) manufacturers.

At the moment most of us are trapped in a purpose-built web of fear, with the number of others people care deeply about decreasing day by day.

This is a trap. This is how they rob the people of power. The government don't care who have guns, because they can pick off little groups one at a time in this climate, with no-one coming to the aid of another. And no amount of arms can stop them putting extra fluoride in your water, microwaving you from a distance, or lobbing a missile through your window to cause a fake meth lab explosion.

The only way to stand up for our rights and protect the countries we love is to start loving each other. Everything you do for a person in need, every smile you give a stranger, is an act of defiance to all that is evil in this world.

The most revolutionary act of all is to care for a stranger in need.

If there is a Jesus, who will one day ask you, "When I was hungry, did you give me food? When I was thirsty, did you give me drink?" what are you going to say?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join