It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Missing Ballots Found in Growing Denver Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

More Denver voters must wait to mail in
Officials say missing ballots — now topping 18,000 — on their way
By Tim Hoover
The Denver Post

I've been following this for the last week. I can't say if there is anything malicious going on, but it is a head scratcher. Is this happening locally for any of you and not being reported on nationally? I'm just curious as to the standards of the process and if they are working properly.

The number of Denver voters who hadn't received their mail-in ballots jumped Monday from 11,000 to 18,000, officials with the Denver Elections Division said. But the missing ballots should be delivered to mailboxes today and Wednesday, officials said.

The missing ballots arrived at a postal facility in Denver on Monday from Sequoia Voting Systems Inc., the California company that had failed to ship them earlier this month.

www.denverpost.com...

ColoradoJens

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm surprised the Dems aren't going completely ballistic over it. Kerry won Denver overwhelmingly in '04 and I would expect Obama to as well. It probably amounts to a net 5k-7k votes for Obama, which could be the difference in what looks to be a tight battleground state.

I really don't like the idea of mail-in votes, anyway, with the exception of absentee ballots. Given that these people can still walk-in and cast their vote early, according to the article, it seems to be an open invitation for people to vote twice.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Reply to vor78

Not sure where you are getting your stats:

Colorado gained statehood in August 1876. Although surrounded by “red” (except for New Mexico to the south) and despite the fact that it has voted Republican in all but three elections since World War II, Colorado is considered a swing state due to the independent nature of the electorate. In 2004, George Bush defeated John Kerry by 4.7%, the fifth closest outcome of the 31 states won by the incumbent president. Colorado’s population has been growing, and it has gained an additional electoral vote after three of the last four national censuses. The state now has nine electoral votes.

www.270towin.com...

Voted Rep three times since WWII and GW beat Kerry, although close.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 28-10-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yes, Bush won the state of Colorado in 2004, but not the city of Denver. Denver county went 70%-29% (166,315 votes to 69,903) for John Kerry. Technically, the Denver metro area isn't completely contained in that one county, and some of the adjacent counties were much closer, but overall, the Denver metro area leans solidly Dem.

Link

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to Vor

Yep, that too is pretty histroical. Denver and Boulder counties are pretty much your "blue" zones and then there are tiny spots here and there. Of course, these are the largest communities, so the vote is always close. I think becasue the ballots go to both parties and there seems to be no malice, this is being looked at as just an overall screw up - of course, this all remains to be seen. Thanks for the post!

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I agree, I think its just a mistake as well. Still, I'm surprised that the Dems aren't being more vocal about it, given the area's voting tendencies. Its a mistake that could cost them the state if it turns out to be close.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Reply to Vor:

I guess it remains to be seen - this has only grown over the last few days - let's hope more doesn't come out - I do believe if it is true fraud it should be investigated; such as ACORN should be for certain practices. Like you said though, it seems to be much ado about nothing...

ColoradoJens

top topics

join