It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Doublespeak Gibberish.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I just finished watching the following video of a Reuters report about the release of the new UFO files in the UK.

uk.youtube.com...

The report ended with this line from Reuters dimwit 'Paul Chapman' :

"Despite the release of the files and more to come follow in the coming years, experts say hardened conspiracy theorists are unlikely to be shaken in their belief that the truth is still 'out there"

'Experts say'? Sorry, who? And what do these 'experts say"? Lets break down the implications of his retarded statement. Apparently, unnamed 'experts' say that despite being handed more proof that UFO's are real 'hardened conspiracy theorists' will continue to believe that UFO's are real. How silly of them.

What? Does that make ANY sense?

That's rather like saying:

"The government released data today indicating that the earth is round. Experts say that despite this evidence that the earth is indeed round, idiotic heretics will continue to claim that the earth is round"

WTF???

Amazing. This report manages to make a snide remark about the beliefs of 'hardened conspiracy theorists' - which is what will be picked up on by the average joe public viewer who isn't paying much attention - and their stubbornness in holding to those beliefs while presenting evidence that their beliefs are valid.

I'll restate this truly bizarre situation for the sake of clarity: UFO believers are being derided for continuing to hold to their beliefs even while reporting evidence which supports their beliefs.

Do these 'reporters' even think about what they are saying, or do they just open their slack jawed mouths and let whatever programmed brain fart emerges pass their lips?

The insanity.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Malcram]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to say, that while I think you are absolutely correct in asserting the man's statement was idiotic and senseless.... my gut is telling me that you are right, and that the statement makes no sense whatsoever

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
I'm gonna have to say, that while I think you are absolutely correct in asserting the man's statement was idiotic and senseless.... my gut is telling me that you are right, and that the statement makes no sense whatsoever

LOL. Nice satire

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. It makes my blood boil. Still, ranting is catharitic.

join