It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret: Uncover The Mysteries of The Digital Age -- ON SALE NOW!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just got the u2u about the book on sale. I looked to see if there was an additional checkout point for getting a signed copy. Has this been worked out yet? I am definitely going to be ordering one this weekend, but would like some info on the signed copies first.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
For the exlusive, it may be best just for the guys to meet up, at an ATS convention(good idea eh?) of course no cia,fbi and other crap there.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I want a signed book too.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well according to the Connextion, mine was shipped and is on the way.

Then I'll have to figure out how many I will need to give out for Xmas gifts. This book will make the perfect gift for that certain special paranoid someone.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think I will pick up a few copies for friends too.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have always enjoyed being a member of ATS, but I never thought that I would witness a Book being Published based upon this site. Not to mention a Book that WE, the Members of ATS, had a huge part in creating. It kind of makes you feel a little proud

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I bought my copy on Amazon before I noticed the ATS banner ad for purchasing the book here. In future, I'll always buy your books here, but I was soooooo conditioned to never click on banner ads that I usually never even read banner ads .. so now I'll read the ads, but only on ATS.

After reading the book, I agree with Springer that it's a great looking book, and each chapter does take you through an amazing "what if" experience.

One suggestion: Since this is in a way a "born digital" book, why not give future ATS books an extra page at the end of the book -- an appendix that lists and gives a brief description of all internet and web sites listed throughout the book ... that would be helpful.

I thought about recommending that an index be added at the end of the book, but this type of book is better off without an index, which could have a "spoiler" effect on those like me who often check the index as well as the table of contents before reading the book.

And one nitpick: Despite the rarity of typographic errors seen throughout this book, I noticed two typos in quotes taken from online and offline sources. See, for example, on page 130, the quote that mentions "vice grips", which the writer should have spelled as "vise grips". The usual editorial treatment is to follow the wrongly spelled word with [sic] to indicate a known typo. Thus "vice [sic] grips". ... Anyhow, the achievement of only two typos in an entire book's worth of quotations is worth removing the hat in respect. Well done, Mr. Marrs and "Disinformation Company" publishers.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just got my copy yesterday!! So far, its awesome! Great job

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join