It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Machines changing votes (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is very serious, you hear about but you rarely actually see it, here is the proof that it is happening. Early voting in West Virginia. But the machine is giving the votes to all types of people not just one person. This could be a real nightmare come election day.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So, at 1:36 he selects Nadar, explicitly, (it gets a check-mark next to it), then he presses the 'Straight Republican' button, and it goes to the next screen. Then he presses back, and Nadar is still selected.

That's not a calibration problem. It's a programming problem, or it's working correctly, by design. Pressing the 'Straight Republican' button should either 1) override all existing selections with the Republican candidate, or 2) filling in any unselected choices with the Republican candidate. It looks like it did #2, so this guy clearly doesn't understand his own voting machine.

There seems to be hype being made here.

Edit to rant: Why the hell are there 'Straight Republican' and 'Straight Democrat' buttons, anyway? That's an obvious bias against 3rd party and independent candidates. Know the candidates' names, or don't vote. Sheesh.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I could be wrong but I believe that if you select a box BEFORE you select a straight Rep/Dem vote it changes all the votes but the one you manually picked.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
OMG, you have got to be kidding me - this is going to cause a huge headache because some voters are too f***ing stupid to understand how a voting machine works, just like with the damn butterfly ballots in Florida in 2000.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't see what the big deal is anyway. The machine is making it quite obvious that your vote selection is being recorded improperly. If you're dumb enough to go ahead and confirm those incorrect selections, you deserve to cast your vote for the wrong candidate.

If instead, you drag over one of the poll workers and prove to them that the machine is improperly counting your vote, I'm sure they'll either correct the problem or allow you to vote on another machine.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if this was intentional, you would never know it. The machine would not be giving you outward visual clues if someone had intentionally programmed it to cheat. It would simply be programmed to give every 10th or 20th vote for candidate a to candidate b, and you would never know it happened.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The machine would not be giving you outward visual clues if someone had intentionally programmed it to cheat.

Who says you can't do both?

VOTE 2008: Procedural bickering obscures superficial implementation problems, which helps conceal the fundamental design flaws, all of which distracts from the systemic irrelevance of the entire process.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Part of the point of cheating is to not get caught. If you don't cover your tracks, you're doing it wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Really? I always heard that the best way to tell a big lie is to wrap it up in a gloss of truth, with little lies sprinkled in. You know, layers of deception -- if one's into that kinda thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We are all aware, are we not, that Diebold, who makes many of the voting machines, ALSO makes automatic teller machines... Those things get pounded day in and day out all year long and by golly, my checking account balances TO THE PENNY. Millions of people with millions of checking and savings accounts that are accessed through teller machines throughout the year, but they can't make these machines work right for one freaking day???

Our voting system is a disgrace!

Be sure to check your votes!!!

new topics

top topics

join