It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas "transitional team" already looking at FFL's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The Outdoor Wire has confirmed from confidential sources that the "transition team" for the Democratic candidate has already begun looking into the current approval system for firearms transactions. It seems the digital recordkeeping approval recently granted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has piqued their curiosity. With a virtual Form 4473 in existence, we should be on the lookout for a new record-keeping initiative that will "simplify" the hassles of off-site digital record storage by allowing FFLs to, say, store the information on secure governmental servers. Of course, the government will never access the information. Source

The man hasnt been elected yet and it looks like his administration is set to hit the ground running when it comes to messing with our guns.

He and Biden arent going to waste any time at all.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What is the specific problem you have with what you quoted? Spell it out for those of us less tuned in to the matter.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Where has the standard for NEWS gone? A hunting news letter 'confirmed from confidential sources' that we should be 'on the look-out' for something they're only speculating about?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Now for the truth go here.

Obama Fact Check on guns

Do you feel any responsibility to find out if something is the truth before you spread smears?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I don't know if the above is true but the OBVIOUS reason why people fear a government database of who owns a gun is because they will use that to go and collect all the firearms when martial law is enacted or when some rogue judge decides to make law from the bench.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Do you feel any responsibility to find out if something is the truth before you spread smears?

Honestly, do you feel any responsibility to find out if something is true before blindly believing anything on a candidates website?

Do you believe everything on McCains?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
reply to post by stikkinikki

I don't know if the above is true but the OBVIOUS reason why people fear a government database of who owns a gun is because they will use that to go and collect all the firearms when martial law is enacted or when some rogue judge decides to make law from the bench.

Yeah that's tough. I don't know how gun owners can expect this country to accept that owning a gun should be as easy as owning a knife, ie no records. I believe we need some record of ownership to track down gun crimes even if the gun is stolen at least there is a partial trail that may help connect the dots. It seems to me it is in America's best defensive interest to have a somewhat armed citizenry yet we have to balance that with the real gun violence that is rampant in this land.

Maybe if gun rights advocates could somehow work with communities and join the public discussion on guns and how to bring about a reduction of gun violence they wouldn't have such a seemingly adversarial relationship with those frightened by the sight of a gun and the thought of a neighbor owning a gun. There is room for improvement on the many sides of this issue. We can fight with each other or we can work with each other.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

The truth like:

They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.Obamas Website

Mr. Keyes does not believe in common gun control measures like the assault weapons bill. Mr. Keyes does not believe in any limits from what I can tell with respect to the possession of guns, including assault weapons that have only one purpose, to kill people. I think it is a scandal that this president did not authorize a renewal of the assault weapons ban. Source

From the Barack Obama Factbook
www.barackobama.com...

n 2003, Obama voted to create the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns, prohibiting the multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period.

I dont care what the 'reason' is for this crap it's crap.

Maybe if he could show that what he defines as 'assault weapons' are indeed used in the majority of murders but he cant even do that. The FBI statistics conflict with this view. Maybe if he can tell me how banning a bayonet lug or barrel shroud will prevent murder. But he cant do that.

His entire crusade against guns and all gun-grabbers crusades are founded on lies and prejudiced bigotry. The only 'fact ' that might support their cause is how many handguns are used in crime but even that is too weak for them to go on. So they pick something that scares the standard soccer mom and urbanite ignorant and go after that.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Will this be before or after he tears out the bowling alley and replace it with a basketball court?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Barry and his ship of fools had better be careful. They are letting the drool drip from their chops a little to soon.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Will this be before or after he tears out the bowling alley and replace it with a basketball court?

And do we have the cojones to clarify that remark, or are we just waiting for the mods to whack it. I know where my money lies...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I'm not being snide here... it was a news story out the bowling alley and replace it with a basketball court

[edit on 28-10-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to I'm not being snide here... it was a news story out the bowling alley and replace it with a basketball court

Well xxxx me down and call me dusty! I certainly owe you an apology.

It comes of being inundated by snide racist comments from the right, and generally bad behaviour all around. I don't know whether to commend Obama or give him a cuff for being a fool, but you have the right to pass that one along. We cool?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny Canuck

no were cool bud... My comment was meant to point out how political rederic is being thrown around by both sides and its just pure foolishness... All I can say is I'll be damn glad when the election is over cause I'm tired of it all!!!

top topics

join