It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 deadly sins and sin eaters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
hey guys i need a little bit of help

if anybody has any info regarding the history of the 7 deadly sins and sin eaters, it would be greatly appreciated

also other related topics would be helpful

thanks

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
"According to Sacred Origins of Profound Things, by Charles Panati, Greek monastic theologian Evagrius of Pontus first drew up a list of eight offenses and wicked human passions:. They were, in order of increasing seriousness: gluttony, lust, avarice, sadness, anger, acedia, vainglory, and pride. Evagrius saw the escalating severity as representing increasing fixation with the self, with pride as the most egregious of the sins. Acedia (from the Greek "acadia," or "not to care") denoted "spiritual sloth."

www.deadlysins.com...

this is something is interested in myself so ill do a bit of research myself see what i can find out.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The sin-eater saves the dying not only from hell, but also from wandering the earth as a ghost - thereby performing a service for the living as well. In some traditions, sin-eaters perform their work for the moribund, while in others, the ritual takes place at the funeral. The sin-eater is usually associated with the British Isles, but there are analogous customs in other cultures as well.

well i hope I can dig up on sin-eater ,i've heard alittle bout it before

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
well that kind of helps, but that's all stuff i already know. i need information that people can't get off of the first page of their Google search

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I watched a really great movie called, "The Last Sin Eater".
If you haven't watched it already, I recommend it. (It's not a documentary)
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
wow. dead thread and people still reply.

anyway. thanks for posting, but again, i've already heard of it. haven't seen it, but i've been wanting to. i saw the cover at a Christian bookstore and was interested. i didn't get it, but i was certainly drawn to it. i'll try to check it out sometime. again, thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The History Channel is doing a series of documentaries on the seven deadly sins including origins and histories for each. I saw the one on lust a couple weeks ago. It was certainly interesting.

I have no idea about the sin-eaters though.

top topics

join