It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Giant Pumps Out Huge Profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

British oil firm BP has reported third-quarter profits of £6.4bn - up 148% compared with the same period last year.

I am utterly disgusted by this announcement I can't believe the citizens of the UK sit back and allow the prices to rise? everyone has a voice do they not?

Prices hit a new peak above $147 a barrel in mid-July but have now fallen back to around $60 a barrel.

Link to source

Its funny to hear that still the UK pays one of the highest prices in europe for fuel. When will it end? I hear the companies say that alot of money is put back for exploration but not 6.4bn a third quarter surely? How many BP board members are sitting on a lovely beach now sipping champagne toasting to their future. It makes me sick! show your support and leave a comment

[edit on 28-10-2008 by franspeakfree]

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the Submit News Button located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.

[edit on 28/10/08 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In the end I think you will find a very small part of the six billion wind fall goes back into anything that will help lower the price of fuel or energy. I saw some figures in a news paper one time if I remember right. Some invest more then others but over all very little.

join