It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Obamamania' May Assault 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

www.news-sentinel.com

Obama's record on the Second Amendment is as follows:
1. He has supported a complete ban on handguns;
2. He voted to ban most rifle ammunition;
3. He refused to sign a brief supporting an individual right in the “Heller” case;....

5. He opposes the right to carry for self-defense;....

7. He served on the board of the Joyce Foundation, a rabidly anti-Second Amendment organization;
8. He voted to allow prosecution of citizens for using firearms for self-defense in their own homes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
There you go, the Second Amendment will essentially be thrown into the gutter under an Obama/Biden/Pelosi/Reid/Frank Administration. This is one of the most cherished and powerful rights, which in fact guarantees the other Amendments of the United States Constitution. Without the Balance-of-Power granted to the American Citizens through the Second Amendment, there would be little else preventing a Tyrannical Government from grasping control of America.

www.news-sentinel.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Show the proof of these votes. This blog is not proof. Just ramblings from a right wing demagogue.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't really care how much they try to shred the last remaining bits of our constitution, #2 will never be abolished.
There are way too many of us that will only give that one up when it is pried from our cold, dead fingers.
The recent voting record of our "leaders" regarding this welfare for the rich bailout, with an overwhelming percentage of the citizenry against it, and vocally so, leads me to believe they will modify or remove the second amendment in the next administration.
Any attempt to implement it nationally, though, will cause them so much trouble that they will have to call in U.N. troops to disarm us forcefully.

I don't wish for that scenario, but am marginally prepared for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Proof please...

I’d like to think the Second Amendment could never be abolished, but, the proof of that will be in that pudding not in all the surmising under the sun.

Too bad the NRA can never get it’s act together enough to stand united and vote as one.

...taps...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
There are way too many of us that will only give that one up when it is pried from our cold, dead fingers.

I don't think you need to worry but before we dramatically go into that territory the OP needs to answer the following posters:

Originally posted by bknapple32
Show the proof of these votes.

Originally posted by silo13
Proof please...

So?

- Lee

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
demolishing the 2nd amendment would make him a traitor.hell he still hasnt proved he.s a citizen.
we need to study the tactics that blackwater used to collect guns in new orleans,so we can react to them when they come, in a fair and amicable manor deserved by those that seek to destroy our constitution,and take our freedom. BODY ARMOR,ANYONE?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
www.nraila.org...

This lists the Obama votes of interest, with citations for each one. I don't have time right now to check them all, but perhaps this will be a place to start...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You will have your proof post Nov4th

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah this doesn't seem right... where is the official record of these votes?

+ No politician would be stupid enough to try and repeal the 2nd amendment, it would lead to bloodshed.

Instead he might try and be sneaky in his efforts and impose massive taxes on ammo, mandate pointless ballistic registration schemes, increase waiting periods to months etc etc

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox

Any attempt to implement it nationally, though, will cause them so much trouble that they will have to call in U.N. troops to disarm us forcefully.

I don't wish for that scenario, but am marginally prepared for it.

I am not sure if you are aware but based upon troop support, weapons, naval vessels and what not, WE ARE THE UN. The UN is nothing more that a group of nations controlling the US military. The percentages of other nations supporting the UN are paltry except for maybe the UK.

If you happened to miss it there is a Brigade "deployed" to NORTHCOM. Prepare to back your words. I will fight along side you.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

No doubt, it will not be long. I think it'll happen sometime in the middle of '09. I would rate the odds of an 'assault' weapons ban and a strict magazine capacity limit at 100% if Obama wins. I don't rule out the possibility of rifle ammunition being banned, either, leaving us with short ranged, underpowered pistol caliber carbines as the only alternative.

The full ban will happen 10-20 years following that. Make no mistake, its coming.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Nah thats total BS.

UN Peacekeepers by nation

Aside from peacekeepers, there is no designated UN army. And even if you want to consider regular armed forces troops as UN troops, China would have the biggest army. Do you really think that chinese troops are going to bother dying trying to disarm US citizens?!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.ontheissues.org...

www.ontheissues.org...

* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Buried on his campaign website, under his "Urban Policy"

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
origin.barackobama.com...

For some strange reason Mr. Obama has no clear or easily accessible opinion on the Second Amendment on his campaign website, The other instance he mentions the Second Amendment is also buried under issues/additional issues/sportsman and its simply a very general statement that he supports the Second Amendment even though his record shows otherwise.

The Second Amendment is one of this countries battleground issues, yet for some reason Obama buries this important issue deep within another issue and even then he devotes a mere two paragraphs to the issue...

I support neither Mccain or Obama, however at the very least Mccain clearly lists this issue as an individual issue along with his detailed stance and record on it, Why can't Obama do the same?

[edit on 28-10-2008 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Your title.

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
There you go, the Second Amendment will essentially be thrown into the gutter under an Obama/Biden/Pelosi/Reid/Frank Administration.

You see the clear difference between the two?

That said, the source is an opinion piece. We all know about "opinions", right?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Obama Supports Individual Gun Rights

The senator, a former constitutional law instructor, said some scholars argue the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees gun ownerships only to militias, but he believes it grants individual gun rights.

"I think there is an individual right to bear arms, but it's subject to commonsense regulation" like background checks, he said during a news conference.

There you go, the Second Amendment will essentially be thrown into the gutter under an Obama/Biden/Pelosi/Reid/Frank Administration.

That is not going to happen. You're fear-mongering.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Look at what Obama considers to be "common sense" regulation.

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)

Look a few posts back for links.

He's a damn liar. His record shows he couldnt care less about the 2nd. Just the 2nd AS HE SEES IT.

It's insulting and offensive to have him come out and play the pro-2nd card and people who perpetuate his lie are either anti-2nd in the first place or easily duped by nice words from a pretty face.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Or, we agree that it's possible to have a non-binary position on the Second Amendment.

Obama's gun control record is mixed, but he's hardly made it a core issue.

Still, saying he intends to "do away with the Second Amendment" is pure tripe - he's been very clear about stating that the Second Amendment confers an individual right, and has supported the SCOTUS's recent Heller decision confirming this right, a position many Democrats still will not endorse.

I'm a gun owner, but I'm not going to be swayed to vote against the best interests of this country, over a single issue, on the basis of fear-mongering and truth-stretching

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

anonymous post and i don't always agree on everything

,but the link he found speaks for itself. HE HAS HIT THIS NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD.. IT SHOULD ALERT YOU OBAMATRONS TO THE TRUTH ABOUT HIM.
but it won't. i read something that told me why, it was posted by redhatty in another forum cALLED "BARAK OBAMA,MASTER HYPNOTIST"
here's the link:
Barak Obama,Master Hypnotist
read it all,it just gets better and better and better as it explains why obama says anything he likes and is not called on it. there are lots of informative videos referred to in it also.
the fact that after anonymous posted the link with the proof that he is lying,people still neglectred to recognize what the link said. it gave facts as to when and where he voted against guns. but again e gets a pass.
OR MAYBE THER'S ANOTHER REASON GUN SALES WENT UP THIS MONTH BY 10%

new topics

top topics

join