It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Twin' solar system 'like ours'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by duffster

How do you clean up a bedroom with 30 people partying in it?

There is nothing wrong with US as a species or with the planet Earth that making the appropriate amount of room for all to live in good conditions and have self respect and freedom wouldn't fix instantly

The fix Earth first philosophy is by nature suicidal

You can't fix the floor your standing on and in actuality it's not all that messed up yet,

The FIX you refer too is to stop overcrowding Earth

and methods like "stop having babies go against our very nature" and why when there are a million other worlds?

Who decides who gets to reproduce lol, catch 22, then the war starts and things get worse...

we are, elbow to elbow and these philosophies and self pity and self hatred are counter productive

LOL when in history did a bunch of people over populate an Island over time and there was another Island on the horizon and they choose to just ignore it and kill each other and blame themselves when...there was more room ... in plain sight?

It really is ludicrous

and that's what we are doing...

a probe to Mars costs 350 Million a Manned mission maybe 10-15 Billion

The USA just spent 7 Trillion fighting a war for ... no reason really I can come up with, we didn't even actually take the oil...

A mars colony could have been a reality, we could be towing in asteroids worth 17 trillion in Platinum and have all the resources we need...

It's Madness and...lack of faith, in ourselves... very sad stuff really

Life is designed to spread, it's Beautiful and People hate themselves and are filled with Fear, it's wrong, we aren't bad...

No Aliens are on Mars it's a gift from...the Universe, it was all made easy no matter what you believe it's laid out for us like a red carpet

we choose this situation by...lack of faith

maybe that's what faith really is?

Self Love and Optimism and Confidence

Venus is right there... all we need to do is, blow off some of the Atmosphere to cool it, we can get that done, we are great and blowing things away...

Do it with purpose, don't be scared

You can't win this way, we can never clean up earth while it's over populated, we need to start the exodus and let the Earth exist in it's rightful and comfortable population zone

Like a House built for 4, move in a Fraternity the place will be wreckage

Only way to clean it up is to, move some people out my friend...not kill em, not hate yourself for having children...

Believe in yourself, know we are babies still and it will all be okay

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What If!!!

LOL we fight over precious metals and...
there are giant chunks of Platinum whizzing by that will inevitably kil us all if we don't harvest them...

It reminds me of the old joke

There was a flood and a car came for a man and his family and the man refused the rescue he said "g-d" will save me

Then he was on the 2nd floor and a boat came by and he said "g-d will save me"

Finally a Helicopter and the water was up to his roof which he and his family stood on, again he refused the ride and said "g-d will save me"

Lastly him and his family die and he goes to heaven and confronts the lord and says "G-d I believed in you and waited for you to save me, why did you let me and my family die"

To which G-d replied "Well is sent a Car and a Boat and a helicopter and you turned them all away"

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I pretty much agree with all your points
But I think you are really underestimating how much space we actually have left here on planet Gaia. There is vacant land (granted that will be negated with increased population). But more importantly...

The Ocean. There is soooo much potential for colonizing sub-oceanic! Not too mention the Ocean is bigger then the land mass. We already have the technology to do it, we just need the focus.

That said, I do fully support space exploration, as I feel it will only help us in the long run.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
What If!!!

Well yeah, I know that!
I was being rhetorical with that statement!

Harvesting the impending doom that is comets and asteroids does have a certain appeal to it. A win win for sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

That was a pretty great joke, and it does illustrate your point well
hehe

**meant to include this in the other post. Doh!!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Well my friend we are just going to have to disagree with each other

One point I must say i never said any thing about population control I just pointed out that we the human race need to clean our act up and start looking after what we have.

Back on topic I'm happy the people have found what they are looking for

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Pretty cool indeed.

I think we should go there and wack the dinosaurs off.

Then we will select a genetically diverse group of people, say a few pairs from each land mass. They can colonize the planet to preserve our species with the rule they they cannot take or use any technology by the second generation from time to time we will visit them, but remain hidden and allow them to develop at their own pace.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more and the thinking that slows the process down is the same kind of self loathing and pessimism that makes people think we are already up to our necks and fight these silly wars when really, we still have plenty of room.

The basic science of Terraforming should be practiced here first in baby steps...

First on my list would be to build water piplelines that match our oil pipelines because the lights will never go off if we have nuclear and we need Water in the deserts allot more than we need Cars...electric trains would suffice if we ran out of oil and for heat too for winter can be driven via Nuclear, there would be no major issue for our civilization without fossil fuels...

The entire energy crisis is in actuality a farce that exists around people really enjoying automobiles

Lol I am still waiting for the first underground low divers to be built to blend in our cities with good ol mother nature...

and food?

No one is even using vertical Farms yet, given Canadian water being available in amounts that are... for all intents and purposes done right limitless..or nuclear or even solar powered desalinization... America alone has the capacity to increase Fram yield 10x current levels

I won't go on and on, there is no issues at all, no where even close yet

you obviously know that, I salute you

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Didn't that already happen here?

Very witty, very witty indeed

Do we have to actually have them initially sign a contract waiving their future generations rights to not be taken up in craft for genetic tests? Or do we just go ahead and do it anyway?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Nice.

Unfortunately you know too much. The reptilians in black will visit you shortly

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I don't know man, it all seems really easy to me...

Not from a standpoint of I could do it myself rofl...

But, it just feels incredibly well laid out for us, almost like the really is intelligent design and we have been given everything with just enough struggle to make the challenge worth the pursuit

It seems the last 10 years, The path becomes clearer everytime we look a bit closer...

2, Fairly easy (by global unity standards) to colonize worlds right next door, really, not a feat to Terraform Mars and Venus beyond what we currently know... just requires, a global effort really, I don't see the science as an obstacle Just the cooperation factor

Then... we look at Jupiter and Saturn and there are some slightly more difficult challenges, Europa, Titan and others... But we would have, 3 planets working at it by the time we need to, so again... it just seems to be right there... The whole asteroid belt for raw material... So many Billions of minds by then, it should go, fairly easy from a technology standpoint

Beyond that we have the kupier bely and the oort cloud... and we find all these icy, water (hydrogen and oxygen) laden way point s in them

and science says there should be as many as 10x the number of failed stars as there actually are stars...

so when we look beyond the Oort, I truly expect we are going to find a couple of uranus to Jupiter sized bodies with moons ...floating about between the orbits, it should be a reality given everything we know...

It seems the distance to A centuri may well be single light year hops and skips from base to base...

and ... a Jupiter sized body between the stars with moons would be... doable, moons heat Internally and, we would live under the surface of course bring our own power...

hard to imagine for some Earth lovers, but born to living inside a moon colony, you'd know nothing else... in theory a Moon, hallowed out could almost as many people as earth...

Not that much sci fi in it

Now, 10 light years a similar solar system... that's doable by long term arks... even if we never achieve even 1.4 light speed travel

I don't know man, I see the whole thing as beautiful, achievable and it gives me inspiration to actually believe there might be a g-d because it seems that well laid out

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

oh, your kidding me...10 light years is that far away? i was gonna jump in my chevy!

NO # man...lmao

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I always knew I had a twin out there somewhere.
Lets get someone over there pronto!

- lee

Shoot...keep mine the hell away from me...I get enough trouble by myself being me! If there were 2 of me...

Now...my wifes twin...I'm down!!! Can I choose her age? Will she have to speak English? I mean...

Anyways, why don't we have Hubble pics of this twin system yet?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is very interesting, hopefully we can some decent images of this region of space considering it's close proximity. I'm surprised this hasn't been discovered earlier since I recall reading about several different regions of space that had been looked at with great detail which were a lot further away. It would be interesting to see as to how this system develops, if it's anything like our solar system, it could teach us a lot

Originally posted by duffster
Great just what we need is another planet we can go to and destroy The human race can not even look after our own planet or our own people

We should be looking at our Mother earth before we go looking out side

I disagree with your statement, and here is why:

We caused considerable harm to this planet because of our ignorance, however now, we've learned of long term affects that our technology, and way of life has on our planet. The reason why change here is slow is because we're far too dependent on the economy to make large leaps towards fixing the situation. On top of that imagine if we were to take every building, vehicle or anything else that pollutes are planet, and attempted to replace it with a "green" substitute, it would be a financial nightmare also there would be so many materials that would need to be recycled or disposed of that would make it impossible. All of this has to be done gradually.

If we choose to attempt and settle on another world, I believe that we will use technology that doesn't impact the environment nearly as much as we use here. I believe that we know enough about our surrounding environment to be able to make the correct decisions when settling a new planet, and I for one am excited about such a concept. Although it won't happen within our lifetimes, I'm sure that once it does, we'll get it right.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
cool! lets move out
go on and destroy the second "Earth" ,just kiddin. But oh well.cool find
I love the stuff bout space and all these stuff,so I wonder if we can live there,and I liked the thought bout Adam and Eve and us bein God

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Very cool find for sure.

The biggest point to all of this is simply that we know so little about things that it just amazes me how people will write off the idea of 'intelligent' non-terrestrial life being close enough to us to reach us via flight.

Sure, 10.5 light years is still quite a ways away but technically it is MUCH closer than any other similar solar system has been thought to exist. If a race could have developed speed of light travel that is simply a 21 year round trip. A long time but still fairly short compared to what we have been lead to believe before.

There is intelligent life out there. Most likely the numbers will say thousands of various intelligent species if not millions.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

Have we? As far as I can tell there are still roughly half the population that say that global warming is a natural occurance rather than a man made one. That we have not impacted the environment in such a bad way as we are being told by the 'loony left' and so on.

You see, are you SURE we have learned our lesson? Just a fair and balanced question.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Other civilisations in the local universe could have been discussing similar things about us when they spotted our planet!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is truelly a great find. Although it will be a hell of a long time before we even get close to visiting this new system. I mean its been 39 years since we sent the first man to the moon (supposedly!). In other words man has not been further then the moon, we havent even explored our own solar system properly. We have just sent probes and thats all.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I happen to be one of those people, well at least partially. I believe that we contribute a part to global warming, however I don't think that we're the only ones to blame. I believe that it is a natural cycle, and that it's being blown out of proportion. However I still support the fact that we should reduce pollution because inhaling all this bad air is not good for us.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by InSanE1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join