It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel i am so alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
long, LOOONG time lurker, finally a member. i DO realize what is taking place right now in this world. i feel i always try to help and do good for people, because i do believe in positive and negative energy, but when i try to help wake people up in even the most subtle way all i get is hatred and sadness back. i want to tell but feel confined and silenced bc of this. i do not feel anyone around me knows. i hope my writing and the responses follwing help people who may be in the same situation. i dont know what kind of feedback i am looking for. im just lost and dont know why i bother to tell humans who do not think for themselves or get insulted when i try and open up. maybe i am looking for reassurance i dont know but i had to tell somebody and you are the only people i think want to listen.
oh and btw i refuse to take pharm. meds. for this i am fine, just alone. hello ATS

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
this seems like a case of adolescence to me. I have issues not unlike your own as this world is becoming more and more impersonal with the acute rise of the population and competition for the rights to share thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brad1717

Hi there and welcome

Never fear. You'll soon hear from dozens/hundreds of folk who feel as you do.

And even though you may feel alone in your everyday life, take heart. All around you are others who feel exactly the same and who are as concerned as you, as troubled as you and who, like you, also feel helpless to effect positive change.

Did you know that it's claimed we're all related to every 33rd person on the globe ? So right there, you're related by blood to one third of the world's population. Which may cheer you up .. or not. But it's fact.

We're just links in an endless chain. All the way through, stretching back to time unimaginable, your ancestors have been struggling away with pretty much the same problems and feelings as you. And quite a few of them got through it, obviously, or you wouldn't be here.

So there again, you have reason to feel positive, for you're descended from thousands .. tens of thousands .. of survivors. And their spirit and drive are within you and will pull you through too .. will even cause you to laugh every now and then at what we term our 'human condition'.

It's no cakewalk for most of us. But we're here and it's a one-way trip. So your attitude of wanting to help those on the trip by your side is a great attitude

One day at a time, with an eye for the future and respect for those who walked these roads before us. That's life

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
im only realistic. how many people sit in front of the tube and accept what they hear from the "professional analyst" as truth? What percent of the 300 million here cant use a computer to search for their own truth, or dont care to look. this is a generalization, but probably a large portion over 60-65ish dont have an idea how to work a computer, and most kids under say 10ish, dont either, or probably dont even know to search for the other side of the coin. how many are 9-5 single parents, or married, feeding their kids, that have time for this? if the MSM is LIVE and truthful, then it can only must be true....right??? everyone does want change, but doesnt want CHANGE. i only have to look at the blind obedience around me.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
So you’ve taken your first step in not being alone.
Speaking out at ATS - though it may be preaching to the choir in some respects - at least you’re being heard by people of like mind and *wakefulness*.
Keep posting - keep bending the collective ear here.
Hopefully - with our positive feedback you’ll become (more) emboldened to present the truth to those around you who’re closed and unwilling to *hear*.
Remember - all you need to do is plant the seed, and the rest will follow.
Thanks for caring enough for others to try - even when you’re met with blank statres and hit brick walls.
Hang in there!
silo

...taps...

[edit on 28-10-2008 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ah, Brad .... you'd be surprised how many senior citizens are online at any given moment

They are the 'youth generation', the freedom fighters, the 'hippies' and activists of the 70s.

And they're still around, believe me. They're the ones who WROTE many of the conspiracy theories which form the foundation for the conspiracists of today.

Don't let the grey hair fool you. Under that grey hair, their brains and energy are as strong as they ever were .. only better, in many cases.
And they are STILL working for change, still devoting their time to alerting the young of today .. who hopefully will pass the torch on to the next generation when their hair turns silver.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Don't worry to much about people not being able to search online for all the stuff we know about. Computers have only been a mainstream technology for about 10-20 years. We all are on the cutting edge of this new way of thinking.
I myself have only had a computer since 2001 or so. Most of the population of the world hasn't used a computer, or even seen one for that matter in some countries. As proliferation of the technology and the power of that technology increase so will peoples desire to use that tech and want to learn more.

I recommend slowly guiding the average person into wanting to find there own answers at there own pace. So give it time, in the coming years things will be much different.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Don't worry brad1717, many of us are struggling with the same thoughts. Here is another thread that has something in common with yours:

similar thread

The things that are happening can be very depressing, especially if no one seems willing to learn or listen. I think even those of us who are generally upbeat, including myself have had some downer days over the mess the world is in.

Maybe in some weird way, that's normal and means there are plenty of people who care a great deal. Make sure you take a break from the worries of the world and do something you enjoy for your own happiness, it will help relieve the tension and stress.

When TSHTF, people will know exactly who to talk to if you plant seeds like silo13 mentions, you'll be ready to fill them in. What's that saying? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink?

When they wake up, they'll remember comments you've made (seeds) and be ready to guzzle at the river

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
thanks for all the responses theyve helped. its just an interesting paradox between wanting to really help to do good and believe it everytime, and then bitterness and hatred and loss everryyytime afterward. i just wonder why i continue to put myself through this pain in this planet of 6.5 billion

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Hello there Brad; welcome to ATS and welcome to the club.

Without sounding like an undertaker I must say that you are alone, just as I am and just as we all are.
The only thing to do is to realize it, take pride in it and learn to live with it.
At the end you will see that you only have yourself. This is not a bad thing though, it is only the truth.
Of course we can join up, all of us, and live in the illusion of company, but as long as we are imprisoned by this mortal shell we are alienated from our cosmic origin and therefore alone in our selves.
Only you can live your life and you can only do it through yourself, not through anyone else just as no-one else can live through you.

Be strong- stand alone. We are all united in our loneliness.

That's all I had to say.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Most folks tend to feel most comfortable with their heads in the sand.... ostrich style. So... don't be tryin' to pull the "ostrich's" head out of the sand. The "ostrich" does not like that and will fight anyone who attempts to do so.

Maybe you should be looking for God. Or perhaps you already have and simply need to go deeper into the Matrix. Kindred spirits will be found among those who share similar experiences. It may be that finding such people will be like finding a needle in a haystack. So... keep looking. No pain... no gain.

top topics

join