It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope kissing The Koran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
project_pisces,

WTF, that must be a photoshop creation.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Doesn�t the Koran go against everything in the Catholic faith? Why is he showing love for something that refutes the Catholic religion?

www.garykah.org...

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by kinglizard]

Sometimes i think ATS may have eradicated ignorance alltogether then someone says something like this...

have you actually read to Quran? i doubt it... (if so then it shows even more ignorance on your part)... i have... and i have read the bible... they are both the same story... except the Quran ahs an prologue... they teach the exact same values (10 commandments)... in fact the Quran recognises 'the people of the book' (i.e Christian and jews) as all having the right general idea (one god)... sosaying they are opposites shows how little you know...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Sometimes i think ATS may have eradicated ignorance alltogether then someone says something like this...

have you actually read to Quran? i doubt it... (if so then it shows even more ignorance on your part)... i have... and i have read the bible... they are both the same story... except the Quran ahs an prologue... they teach the exact same values (10 commandments)... in fact the Quran recognises 'the people of the book' (i.e Christian and jews) as all having the right general idea (one god)... sosaying they are opposites shows how little you know...

By your contemptuous words I can see that your study of the Koran and the Bible has really given you tolerance and love for humanity.
You may want to study some more.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I hope one of the popes manservants washed it afterwards,the smell of adolescent penis must be strong.
I hope that he doesnt insult anyone,that would be terrible.

[Edited on 28-3-2004 by ashley]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
He's just smelling it to see if it contains as much bull# as the Bible.

lLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLO

the truth has been spoken. or maybe he is too old to be the pope. he looks sort of senile on the tv clips i've seen. hey but don't get me wrong i like catholics and catholicism. at times, now being one of them, i wish that i would have been raised catholic instead of baptist.

futhermore before armageddon and during the end times there will be a unified consciousness of all the people of the world. the internet helps. all this new age thought helps. which i truely believe is a good thing. elaboration would most likely only get me in trouble here.

wait a second i just read the above post about the aroma of certain organs.

and i want clearify that the those sort of things have nothing to do with what i was talking about. what i was talking about was the catholic dances with full bars. boys and girls!!!!!!

[Edited on 3/29/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I am a Christian but I do not belong to any organised Church group. Quite frankly I think they have all been tainted to a greater or lesser degree by the secret societies.

Unlike a lot of people here, I have read the Koran right through. There is no doubt at all in my mind it is definitely the word of God.

I have no problem with that at all. Jews, Christians and Islam all worship the same God, so what is the problem?

There seem to be satanists that claim to belong to all three religions, some of them are right at the top of the church hierarchy as well.

Some scheming Zionist banker is not a Jew that believes in God. Some ordained priest that sodamises young boys does not fear or love God either. And an Ayatollah that encourages killing of foreigners is no holy man.

So do not try to say one religion is better than another. We have all failed in Gods eyes, which is why the shot is about to hit the fan with these end times.

Just ignore all of it, and turn to God in your own way, he is listening...................

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by Warpspeed]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
all major religions believe in the same God so i hope these ats atheists realize how much of a minority they are....
although in their spirit they know He exists they choose to remain ignorant
oh...yeah...that was big of the pope to kiss the koran

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I find it interesting to compare a spiritually aware person to a religious fanatic.

The holy man (or woman) seeks peace and enlightenment, is extremely tolerant of other peoples beliefs and ideas while holding fast to their own rigid doctrine. I think the Dali Lama is an excellent example, and probably the Pope also.

Then there are the Bible waving blowhards and fanatics from all those funny little sects that spring up all around the world. Be saved, live exactly like us or we will kill you.

I wonder what God thinks about all this.............

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
The holy man (or woman) seeks peace and enlightenment, is extremely tolerant of other peoples beliefs and ideas while holding fast to their own rigid doctrine. I think the Dali Lama is an excellent example, and probably the Pope also.

You've obviously not heard of Papal Infallibility, right?

The Popes, and in particular this one (John Paul II) are responsible for keeping the worshipping masses in the dark. John Paul II has wasted something like 30 years and done absolutely nothing to advance progressive thinking within the Catholic church. The church that he took over in the 70s is almost the exact same one that it is today - full of dogma and deceit. As a pope he has been a dramatic failiure as far as those who actually seek enlightenment have been concerned. He had a whole history of Church misdeeds to sort out but ignored dealing with 99% of them entirely.

Under his leadership, the Roman Catholic church has stagnated. All we need is another two or three like him, who refuse to accept the natural advancement of Christian doctrine and hopefully the whole Vatican will come tumbling down. Either that or people are going to know that the church is lying to them but just sit there blindly, whilst dogma rules their lives.

Don't look at this pope for enlightenment. He has tried his hardest to keep his followers in the Dark Ages.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The Articles of Faith in which one "True in Faith" (a moslem) must believe:-

1. God
2. His Angels
3. His Messengers
4. His revealed Books
5. The Day of Resurrection
6. Divine Preordainments (Prophecy)
i.e. whatever God has ordained must come to pass.

Mohammed said, "Satan touches every son of Adam the day his mother beareth him (Revelation 12:4), save only Mary and her son (Jesus)."

There is no reference in the Holy Koran to the city of Mecca by name nor by implication. ALL references, in the Holy Koran, to the City of Peace refer to Jerusalem NOT to Mecca. The word Mecca does not mean the City of Peace, the word Jerusalem DOES mean City of Peace in Hebrew.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed Christ not, nor crucified Christ, but so it was made to appear to them (as they crucified the human body called Jesus, that Christ the spirit-Being used).

And there are those who put up mosques (etc.), by way of mischief and BETRAYAL - to disunite the Believers. . .

The Holy Koran

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

You guys don't understand one bit....... All paths lead to one true God......
The Pope understands this, as you do not. You cannot speculate, and # on God because it best suits you, you have no idea, you speak in evil tongue, as the opposer wishes you do, you have eaten up the posion the opposer wishes you do.

god bless you...

tisk tisk... Don't answer to me, you'll only have one guy to answer to in the end, and you can bet your ass it won't be me.

btw, You cannot find true peace in your souls with the path you take, you will never find true rest in your soul....
But it's only too bad for you, not anyone else...
Compare apples HERE

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

By your contemptuous words I can see that your study of the Koran and the Bible has really given you tolerance and love for humanity.

And by not researching both and/or all holy books, why do you post here, when you are just a bumbling fool, who doesn't know what he speaks about, except for bashing something he has no information on???
You say he has no tolerance and love for humanity?
I smell bs. What I see from you is you have no tolerance for God, therefore you have nothing but insults to slur about his people. Shows what side your on...

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
The Pope understands this, as you do not.

Hmmm. Yes?

www.evangelicaloutreach.org...

"To believe in papal infallibility is to believe ONLY Roman Catholics can be saved, for they alone are in submission to the Pope.
It is, therefore, impossible for an informed Catholic to get saved or to stay saved if he continues to believe in papal infallibility! This is so because salvation centers around exclusive trust in the person and redemptive work of Jesus Christ and in Him alone. In other words, all 100% of our trust for our soul's salvation MUST be in Jesus Christ alone apart from trusting in a denomination or submission to any spiritual leader, including the Pope! Since this is the Biblical message and Catholic "ex cathedra" statements contradict this, then belief in papal infallibility must be rejected for the sake of salvation!"

Looks like a little bit of Satanism to me? Unless that is of course, you believe that the Pope is Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

WTF, that must be a photoshop creation.

Im afraid it isnt a photoshop creation. I have the video from the live feed CNN that day. The upside down cross is on live video as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The Pope understands this, as you do not.

Hmmm. Yes?

www.evangelicaloutreach.org...

"To believe in papal infallibility is to believe ONLY Roman Catholics can be saved, for they alone are in submission to the Pope.
It is, therefore, impossible for an informed Catholic to get saved or to stay saved if he continues to believe in papal infallibility! This is so because salvation centers around exclusive trust in the person and redemptive work of Jesus Christ and in Him alone. In other words, all 100% of our trust for our soul's salvation MUST be in Jesus Christ alone apart from trusting in a denomination or submission to any spiritual leader, including the Pope! Since this is the Biblical message and Catholic "ex cathedra" statements contradict this, then belief in papal infallibility must be rejected for the sake of salvation!"

Looks like a little bit of Satanism to me? Unless that is of course, you believe that the Pope is Jesus Christ.

ha!

Your getting your source from an EVANGELISTIC WEBSITE!!
Oh my lord! What is wrong with you?
To get your credibility from folks who you actors on stage to pretend to heal people, and ask for money via 800s???
Come on now... Please, try again...

I mean, why is it so hard for you to just accept God as he is?? Why do you have to be a Judist??

Please ask yourself one question, Am I really fooling myself??
Evangelistic information isn't a credible source.. Mon dure..

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And by not researching both and/or all holy books, why do you post here, when you are just a bumbling fool, who doesn't know what he speaks about, except for bashing something he has no information on???
You say he has no tolerance and love for humanity?
I smell bs. What I see from you is you have no tolerance for God, therefore you have nothing but insults to slur about his people. Shows what side your on...

"O people of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which he conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit [sic.] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers and say not 'Three' - Cease! (it is better for you! - Allah is only one God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that He should have a son...The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah."

Of Jesus Christ The Koran also states:

"And when the son of Mary is quoted as an example, behold! The folk laugh out, and say: Are our gods better, or is he? They raise not the objection save for argument. Nay! but they are a contentious folk. He is nothing but a slave on whom we bestowed favor, and we made him a pattern for the Children of Israel. And had we willed it we would have set among you angels to be viceroys in the earth".

Regarding Christ's death on the Cross, The Koran says:

"That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary a grave false charge; That they said (in boast): We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah. But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. ... And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness against them (Christians)." (Koran, 4:156-159)

The Koran even has Jesus Himself saying:

"Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One."

What part of that doesn't go against the Christian religion?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ha!

Your getting your source from an EVANGELISTIC WEBSITE!!
Oh my lord! What is wrong with you?

Evangelistic information isn't a credible source.. Mon dure..

I got it from that site because it was the first I could be bothered to post.
Why?
Well, Papal Infallibility isn't a secret. It isn't something that is hidden. It's factual.
The fact that it's on a religous site makes absolutely no difference. Go check it out for yourself.
Questioning credible sources is all very well and good, but when the subject is FACT it doesn't really matter where it comes from.

Papal Infallibility is an affront to worshippers. Explain to me how it isn't. Put up a credible argument against it and then come and tell me that my sources suck.

Until then, you're just noise.

By the way....Judist? You're accusing me of worshipping a tribal god? Nope, not I.
Religion is all about worshipping tribal gods. I have no truck with it.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It really keeps coming back to one simple thing, either you believe in God or you do not.

If you do not, fair enough, it is a matter of faith alone, no proof is possible to a non believer, but the evidence is everywhere.

If you do believe in God, it is possible to go it alone, or join a religious group with similar beliefs. But here lies a problem. Many faiths have been corrupted by self seeking men interested in power, wealth and conquest.

Sure there have been bad Popes quite a few of them, no argument there. The inquisition was not exactly a picnic, ask Galileo about Papal Infallibility, hehehe.

But a bad Pope does not make Catholicism an invalid faith. A lot of lay Catholics are certainly excellent Christians, even if the church hierarchy is sometimes corrupt.

Same with Islam and Judaism, great religions, with a few rotten apples here and there throughout history.

As Lord Acton once said:

"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
It really keeps coming back to one simple thing, either you believe in God or you do not.

Sure there have been bad Popes quite a few of them, no argument there. The inquisition was not exactly a picnic, ask Galileo about Papal Infallibility, hehehe.

But a bad Pope does not make Catholicism an invalid faith. Same with Islam and Judaism, great religions, with a few rotten apples here and there throughout history.

I doesn't come down to a belief in God at all. It comes down to a belief in religion. You can still believe in God but not follow the dogma of religion.
What right does another man have to tell you that you are going to heaven or hell? What right does another man have to force you to worship? What right does another man have to define your God for you? Follow religion and you are giving another man control over your faith - not God. You may as well turn atheist.

As for the popes? One or two bad popes? How about all of them? The post of pope has to be one of the biggest farces in mankind's religious history. Originally appointed by emporers and kings as a political means to unite spiritual belief with a state policy, the whole system stinks. From claiming direct descendancy from Saint Peter to their use of Papal Infallibility, it's just lie after lie after lie. They've lied, cheated, stolen, murdered - you name it, there hasn't been a crime not committed by a pope. How is it possible to follow a man who sits in an office that is surrounded by so much corruption and was created through politics and not a love of God?

You quote an instance where Galileo stood before the Inquisition. Thousands of years earlier the Greeks had written that the Earth was a sphere. The Catholic Curch insisted that it was the centre of the Universe because man was God's perfect creation. This wasn't Papal Infallibiity though - it was dogma. Suprisingly, and what makes it even more disgusting as it can't really be blamed on ancestors who couldn't have known any better, this doctrine is relatively new. Papal Infallibility wasn't put into place until the 1890s.

Finally your statement that a few rotten apples don't make a bad religion. You'd have been better off keeping the apple analogy yet using it a different way.
The religions are like rotten apples. They contain the worms who hold power over their worshippers through lies and deceit, and they're rotten to the core.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Just a thought! Maybe he's kissing it because it contains the same gruesome junk thats in the bible.

Incest
Rape
Murder
Stoning
Pedophilia
Bigomy
Hatred

He probably realized it's the same as the "good book"

I mean really, the only differnce is the muslims actually follow their laws! Can foul them on that. They practice what they preach. Some X-ians could take a lesson or two. ...... oh but then we would be stoning our sons and daughters for having pre-marital sex, and our wives for cheating etc..........

I am atheist but I really do have respect for all religions. Everyone has their reason for belief. We all use whatever gets us through the rough spots. To each is own, it may not be my preference. It does society as a whole no good but what can one atheist do about that.......... nothing. Example. My husbands X-ian family refused to buy me any of the books on my amazon wish list because they were not 'subjects' they approved of but I did not hesitate to buy his mother a new bible marker or software program. But thats ok.......... I wont burn in hell for being a better person.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

He's just smelling it to see if it contains as much bull# as the Bible.

OMG LOL LOL LOL. You are wrong for that one dude!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join