It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII triggered something inside me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Something weird happened to me tonight. I was watching tv and someone said the words WWII. As soon as I heard those three words, I got goosebumps and I had something like a flashback that lasted only a second or two. As it happened, it seemed so real--like I was back in time, but for the life of me, I can't remember what I saw for those few seconds in my mind. Whatever it was I know I felt a sense of fear and panic. It was kind of like deja vu, but triggered by the words Word War Two, and definite feelings of fear.

I was not even alive during WWII. I keep trying to dig inside my mind for any inkling of what it was. Why did those words trigger something inside me?

Upon thinking about it, this isn't the first time this has happened to me, but it is the first time with the words WWII. This is very confusing to me. After this happened tonight, I have been having weird deja vu moments, but it's not me I'm seeing, it's other people.

Weird! I don't know what to make of it. I know I run the risk of being ridiculed for posting this, but I feel better getting it off my chest.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

My guess would be that you experienced a past life memory. If you are interested, I would recommend going through past life regression hypnotherapy. I had a simular experience when meditating on my irrational fear of heights. I had a flash of memory where I was on top of a castle wall, I was drunk and I stumbled and fell over the side. It was very real and very scary, much like you described your experience. After recalling this past life memory, I am no longer terrified by heights. I still have a healthy respect for high places, but not the paralyzing fear that I used to experience.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
No Ridicule here.

I have always had experiences regarding the American Civil War. I have had way to many dreams, lucid dreams, de-ja vu experiences and many other things happen to me........considering.

I am Full Blooded Irish. (Suffered a high causality cost) The Irish story behind the American civil war is deep. A whole country left their homeland for a new place that offered them the freedoms they sought. When they landed from the boats they had to sign up for the war, or go home. (If they wanted official citizenship, money and rights.

I have had a "problem" and now fully embraced, took on, and faced my inner feelings toward this time in the worlds history.

It's still an everyday thing, and I have had people tell me they have the same thing happen to them in regards to many, many OTHER WAYS of life and PAST EVENTS, they feel tied to.

& Most of us are not supposed to believe in, (Reincarnatio) or any other type of afterlife's but they one we are taught since gradeschool.

Thank You for sharing, You'll be fine.

Just dig deeper in your Mind

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I will not ridicule you .
How can I when I also have had similar scenarios play out?
How much sleep have you been getting?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is ATS... all paranormal and unusual ideas are invited here with a smile

I like the idea of the past regression therapy. However, i am skeptical of the effectiveness.

This would make an interesting study... maybe you could compile everything you "remember" into a list, then go through the regression, compare your results?

Even though I completely understand this is a very personal matter, I'd love to read about your experiences in this journey.

if you're willing to share, I'm all ears mate

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I guess I get plenty of sleep, but I have been having some freaky dreams lately.

A few years ago, I was sent a link to a video that was supposed to make you recall past lives. I did recall one memory and that one has stuck with me all this time. For some reason, I thought that was it, just one past life that I remembered. Now I'm not so sure. I'm going to try to meditate and see if I can't find out anything else.

Glad to have gotten it off my chest and thanks for the advice.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I had a similar experience visiting the Arizona Memorial in Hawaii. I got off the little boat, walked onto the Memorial site, and almost immediately I got light headed, my hearing faded, and I felt like I was underwater. I had trouble breathing and felt really unsettled, like there was pressure pushing on my entire body. I even had trouble hearing myself speak to my wife. I've never felt that was again since.

What happened could have any number of things.

I might have been remembering my last moments there in a previous life.

I might have been experiencing psychic empathy for those that died there.

I might have had some sort of panic attack (never had one before or after, though).

Or I might have experienced a crossing of timelines. Let me explain - my Grandmother's fiance died at Pearl Harbor (I didn't find out this until after my visit to the memorial). She later married my Grandfather. If it weren't for the events in Hawaii that day, I would have never existed. Maybe I was experiencing a merging of possibilities or past and present realities.

Whatever happened to you, a lot of people have felt something similar.

[edit on 28/10/08 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

No .. you don't 'seem weird' at all

There was a similar thread to this last year or possibly a little before that and numerous posters recounted a feeling of 'connection' with WW2.

Some had fragmentary memories of incidents which they couldn't possibly have experienced, relating to WW2.

For others (I fell in this category) it was music from the WW2 era, or clothing styles or types of food which triggered these 'memories'.

Quite a lot of those who posted in the other thread said they felt a great affinity with Germany .. believed they'd been German .. during WW2, even though in this their current life, they knew very little about Germany, had never been there, had no German family-members, etc.

So .. if you're 'weird', don't worry .. you have plenty of company when it comes to this topic

new topics

top topics

join