It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives us the right to colonize space?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911
reply to post by badmedia

I'd appreciate it if we left the bible out of this one. Besides this is a completely secular question to begin with.

I'm sure people would appreciate if the bible was left out of alot of things. But the plain fact of the matter is that the bible, and many other books talk about the same things.

It would be about like me saying "I wish we could leave your opinion out of this one". How absurd.

As long as we can't get along and make things work on this planet, then no we don't have the right to spread that into space. And it isn't going to happen either. Don't need a bible to tell you that.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It has long been my belief that plants are not independant intelligent life forms. I think they are howerver intelligent. I see them as being like independant neurons, bound together at the root level, sensors like the photoreceptors in the eye, at the leaf level.

Does a single brain cell have a nervous system?

Collectively that mind would have watched the coming and going of the dinosaurs. We cannot imagine what thoughts it might be capable of, it is the organic chemical factory of this planet, for all we know it has steered evolution by controlling the pattern and chemical content of plant growth on the planet for aeons.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 30-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Stay on earth until all the resource's are used up, and just die out?
I think not.
Expanding and colonizing is how we got here to this DAY and age.
Eventually one nation will rise above the rest, and conquer every one. Its just human, are you happy , living day to day on your weekly pay stub? or do you want to be like that other guy who has all the toys and no worries?

<< 1  2   >>

join