It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What gives us the right to colonize space?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
We don't!!! have any right to colonize space
We can not even look after our own back yard,so what right do we have messing up space ?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
wow, these are such good responses. Your points make sense now

you guys are tight

[edit on 28-10-2008 by zetamafia911]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Plucky I think you mean Tribbles

Tribble - Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
And before I get beat on for saying all that

Just understand, we should act on the impulse that we face a common enemy

It would Unite the people of Earth and start the process of colonization

In all likely hood, seriously... I believe nothing of these people who claim we are visited by 47.6 races of aliens

I know of one that might be real, it abducts our people, acts in deceit, treats us as lab animals at best, we have no idea what they are doing ... IF they are even real, I see nothing in the way of anything that indicates anything good for humanity from those who I am sure from my own interviews at the least Believed their own stories about abduction and the tales aren't pretty

The vast majority of stories of benevolent abductions I have heard, are almost universally liars, it's always the sci fi new age sect, and if you interview a person about an abduction and they have a rack of D&D books and a Stargate sg1 collection it's a pretty sure bet they are full of it

The only experiences accounted to me, from people who have no interest in any of this, who are ashamed to admit they had an experience...

have been very negative experiences

If they are Real, we are already in deep doo doo

and if NOT

then in all likely hood the common bond of conquest will unite us and we will not and for a long time not encounter anything

and IF we do

It very likely will be so incredibly Alien that, we wont be able to coexist with it or even discern how it thinks or it's motives

I have little belief, anything we encounter will walk on 2 legs and use speech as wee do... and not be something that is... not tolerable by us

phony baloney the galactic empire of humanoid nonsense

Everything I know about Astro Biology says to me from a place of good science... If we find anything

Most likely it will be more like the scenarios of Aliens or Starship troopers or Invasion of the body Snatchers before getting really weird and dangerous beyond that

We like to think there is more of US

and that what we have is a bad thing, our defensive and territorial nature

But NATURE gave us these instincts to rise to the top of a planet that was hostile and dangerous, filled with life forms that would eat us and kill us off

Mankind had to survive Giant Apes and Saber tooth Tigers and Monster Crocs and Pythons and lord knows what else we had to kill to get here

In terms of Life in Space... until we find another species that is very close to ourselves Intelligent in a way we can even communicate with...

the odds will be very similar to Earths

1 Billion species, most of them non intelligent, a handful kind of bright but simply dangerous as all heck fire

and maybe

Nothing else with Intelligence as we understand it...

So these instincts you hate

Serve a purpose, and... it's not to be cooped up together here on Earth and face down each other...

It was built in the wild

and with out a frontier...Yeah bro, it's useless and terrible

But as we explore and some giant bugs or mind leeches encounter us or what have you... you'd be glad we have these instincts

Because we aren't going to find Vulcans out there, okay ?

Cloverfield? Maybe

Giant Bugs? Perhaps

Planets with big not to bright Carnivores and no Intelligent Life? Almost a certainty

But Vulcans?

Naw, maybe in the whole Galaxy we get lucky and meet One... In a Galaxy of Billions of Stars that would Gives 10's of thousands of years of cultural and personal development before we encounter that problem again

But the reality

the REAL

What life we do find, will be utterly alien and operate on survival of the fittest just like Earth

and we NEED this side of our personalities

Just not against one another

Trapped in a growing population like this is utterly unnatural

Our basic hunting and territorial instincts have real purpose and were given to us by G-d, Nature evolution...pick your belief system...

We will Rock at this, and trust e with all faith in my heart and jokes aside... we will not be out there nailing ET to the wall or water boarding Mr Spock...

When we need to use our armada, it will be against something the likes of with we have no hope in the Universe of ever cooperating with...

The best Fi shows real Alien Life... "like trouble with Tribbles" in the Star Trek Episode

Sci fi used to be real

The MSM has us... thrown into some strange set of beliefs where for the more recent trends in sci fi...we go to space and meet, guys with funny bones or spots that look just like us

and I don't know the reason for this Hulla Bulla, but it's bad Sci Fi and it's a lie and makes no scientific sense to even think for a second the "galactic federation" is out there lol

and truthfully, I have, no faith of the intelligence of those who believe the dis info on that subject.

DON'T WORRY

My Jokes Aside, we will not head out there and not need our aggressive nature, the things we encounter will be dangerous 99% of the time or harmless and unintelligent...

Astronomical odds of encountering life, we would need to feel guilty about..and far beyond astronomical that we will encounter population issues and lack of territory or need for competition with it if we do...

and a long, long period of human evolution/development before we could ever, ever encounter this..back to the ocean no where to go lack of resources, lack of "SPACE" situation we are for such a short time of our history as a species trapped in at the moment

The cry of the human race should be charge!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
We don't!!! have any right to colonize space
We can not even look after our own back yard,so what right do we have messing up space ?

We have always done a great job of looking after our back yards...

there are just too many people in the yard currently

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
what would give us the right to colonize space is our old pal MIGHT MAKES RIGHT i.e. if I want to colonize space and I possess the capability to colonize space, then I should colonize space
that's the way everything gets done, on this planet,don't let that fancy paint job fool you
what other arbiter of rights were you thinking of, and I bet they back up their morality-union with divine lightning bolts or guns or the weight of public opinion,and those are brute force M.M.R. schemes as well...

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I think the most realistic Life encountering comment I ever heard was Hicks in Aliens 2

"awww not another bug hunt"

I talk all crazy about kicking butt across the Galaxy because, i truly believe we are not going to encounter another species like ourselves for a long, long time, IF Ever

Don't get me wrong, life could be very interesting, Take Trees for example, I think they communicate, have feelings on some level, it would be easy to call what they do when you hold a match near one Telepathy

But we are never going to compete with directly or kill off Trees it's a symbiotic relationship... with an entirely alien intelligence...

The possibilities are endless...

But, I have little fear of the situation we have on Earth happening with alien races any time soon... be logical about the subject at hand

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I traded a carton of unfiltered camels and some glass beads to some guy from Zeta Reticuli 897 for the rights to colonize space.

I got the rights to this entire Galaxy for the whole human race. What a sucker he was!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Take Trees for example, I think they communicate, have feelings on some level, it would be easy to call what they do when you hold a match near one Telepathy

I'm sorry, this is off topic and please don't derail the thread, but I just have to ask:

What do they do?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I do agree to a certain extent. We are not barbaric, we are just(well some of us) unaware of the species around us. Some don't care about the pain they are causing to nature which in turn comes back and bites us in the rear. We will not learn anything until the point of our extinction. Heck, we might not even learn anything then. All we know is survival even if it means killing the things that help us survive.

The thing that is effecting us the most is the fact that we take, take and take but not give back or think how it will affect us in the future. And that will eventually be our downfall, not caring enough. If we used things to our needs only we would have enough resources to last us a long time. Maybe until we can find a reusable resource that is perfectly clean.

So what gives us the right to colonize space? Our curiosity and our instinct to survive.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If you read the bible, this question has already been answered. The answer is no, we do not. And we will be kept here on earth until we get past the evil and such(to protect the tree of life/universe).

That will not stop a certain element from trying to force ourselves into colonizing space.

The basic story goes like this. We were left on earth to learn the difference between good and evil. We have a certain element on this planet that only knows evil and does evil things. They operate in the shadows, and are hidden.

They push the technology in a military manner, and they hope to one day "Bust off this planet". This will require us to war with an "alien" race who keeps us quarantined. Those "fallen" angels simply lost their technology, and have been using humanity as slaves to rebuild that technology. As they hope to build up the technology and leave, they don't much care about the earth too much.

The reason for the quarantine is exactly what you have mentioned. The way and things we would do.

Should we continue the evil, and develop a way to escape, it will be destroyed. Aka the tower of babel.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
we deserve to because we have the ability to. once upon a time our race would have covered little of earth, now we span across all. if it were not for explorers you would not exist. we can conceive that more exists than the land that we are place on, and that gives us right to spread our seed. if we had no right, we would have no principle.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
We do not have that right, sine you have to be wordy of it. We are a primitive specie. Such species ussualy kill themselves before real/important colonisation operations can happen.

If we advance enough spiritualy and technologicaly, then yes, colonisation will be something natural and even more than just that.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

How do we not have the right? Does Some one own the moon? mars?
it is only human to explore our surroundings, know that is unknown.
If you were put on an island , would you explore it first ? then try to journey onward.

Civilaztion explands in all directions, so who shouldn't that include space? the bible says what ever. There is no tangible proof of gods existence. I think everything in the bible can be related to UFO's interacting with humans. But then left because of our destructiveness. Now , they say we are not meant to leave earth. I think if we were "quarrentend" here, they would have shoot down anything that left earth.

And if there are aliens out there, maby we should goto them , rather them come to us?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LetsPlayFeedTheGater
How do we not have the right? Does Some one own the moon? mars?

it is only human to explore our surroundings, know that is unknown.
If you were put on an island , would you explore it first ? then try to journey onward.

Civilaztion explands in all directions, so who shouldn't that include space? the bible says what ever. There is no tangible proof of gods existence. I think everything in the bible can be related to UFO's interacting with humans. But then left because of our destructiveness. Now , they say we are not meant to leave earth. I think if we were "quarrentend" here, they would have shoot down anything that left earth.

Because the universe doesn't need a species running around the universe blowing up things and stealing the resources from things. If we got to the moon, then someone would "own" it. Someone would lay claim to it's resources, and the rest would be SOL.

We were quarantined here by technology. We didn't have the technology to go into space. I have no idea how big the quarantine is, or even if there is one beyond technology. It is just the general story I have gathered from looking at many different stories.

Also, how can you say there is no proof of god? Do you as consciousness exist? To what are all the electrical patterns in your wave presenting this image to? Why is your body merely a possession? My arm implies ownership does it not?

You live in an extremely limited perspective. It's a big universe, just counting the parts we can see and understand. Combine that with all the time in the universe, and you're perspective on the whole is less than a grain of sand on a beach. Isn't it a bit arrogant to make a claim such as no tangible proof exists, just because it hasn't pass before you limited perspective?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What give mold spores the right to colonize the planet?

The right to exist and spread or perish trying is the most basic inalineable right of any living thing. It is the simplest rule of life in the universe.

Abandon this rule and your kind will perish. Life knows two opposing forces, growth and death.

Maintaining the balance in favor of growth is the operational imperative of every living thing.

In our excellence in growth, we have exceeded the bounds inherant to sustaining life on this planet, we have three choices remaining:

1, Exhaust the planet and perish.

2, Strike a balance and abandon the rule of life. This will extend our existence, but from a galactic perspective it will guarantee our kind to eventually perish without ever having spread beyond the single drop of water we began in.

3, Spread beyond the planet.

I choose number three. All living thing have the choice to become a dead end in the chain of life. So I respect the choice of anyone who chooses 1 or two for themself. I must of course choose to roll over you like a truck if necessary. It's just how it works.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I choose 3 also, but we aren't going to be allowed to go around doing evil things for long. We aren't going to be allowed to spread economic slavery for long. etc.

This universe is billions of years old, and galaxys, stars and planets that are much older than this one. We are probably not even close to being the most advanced. If we can't do whats right, it's probably going to be choice 1 or 2 no matter if you like it or not IMO.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

There have been studies where when you hook a plant up to a polygraph

The plant has a size able reaction to any threat

The thing about it is... it has no nervous system or brain (that we can define)

But the same plant reacts, vehemently, if you approach it with a match or a knife

Telepathy?

Th plant CAN somehow sense, malicious intent

and it is well known that they respond to music and emotion, just from tending to them...

The Book "The secret life of Plants" details this and the experiments have been repeated ad infinitum

what does this mean?

It means there are many things imho, that can be considered intelligence

some very Alien intelligence sitting on your wall or out your door right now

Can they think?

LOL, gads if I know!

But they do know, when your going to hurt them and react to it

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zetamafia911

but tell me people, what the hell gives our species the right to spread our influence beyond the solar system?

If you say that, then wha gives any other spieces the write to do the same

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I'd appreciate it if we left the bible out of this one. Besides this is a completely secular question to begin with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join