It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Possible, but true Alien War.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know, when I first started reading this thread, I thought it would make a great TV series, but then I realized that it had already been done:

But seriously folks, fearmongering is the politicians best weapon. If an alien civilization truly wanted to conquer us, they could probably do so within hours, given the technology necessary to traverse the great distance between stars. If we are being visited, it is probably more from a xenoantropological standpoint. Given that the great majority of UFO sightings have occured since the first detonation of an atomic weapon, I would postulate that the interest in us stems from our getting close to the means of interstellar travel. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmm..I remember reading somewhere, that they can 'stage' alien invasion..
And that sound reasonable, b'couse if they(US) want us to belive that they want to save us from such 'invasion', and want to have NWO plan quicker, then their next step is interstellar attack rather than another 'terrorist' attack..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gandaalf

The problem is you pick and choose who you believe. If some of the people you discredited had stated five years ago "no aliens exist" you would be taking their word on it and pointing to them as examples of your rationality.

All of a sudden when respectable people say something you dont wish tohear, you claim they re no longer reputable sources? Thats very convenient dont you think?

Considering most of the "reputable sources' are proven liars in many aspects of their day to day operations, im not sure why you believe yourself to be standing on solid ground.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit85

Never said that they didn't have technology we're not exposed to. Of they do, cause they wanna make sure their one step ahead of us. But to say that they have the technology to engage in Star Wars or visit other people and planets light years away is so out there.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mean Red Spider
Back in the 90's, the head of Skunk Works said we could travel the stars at will and only military secrecy was preventing the technology from benefiting mankind. Maybe we started the war, and they finally figured out where we live!

I think we sometimes have a tendency to give too much credit to the military. I do not doubt they have some of the most amazing technology and weapons... However, it will all remain as guesswork until it's declassified and demonstrated.

Let's not think that from 1900 to 2000, in just 100 years, we achieved some of the most brilliant, fantastic technology that help us achieve boundarylessness. We made unbelievable breakthrough as is.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazket
Let me ask just one question:

Who in this forum thinks with a sound mind, that the US has any possibility of shooting down an UFO Craft that moves at the speed of light? Usually, all known footage of UFOs show a craft dissapear within our eyes.

Wait, let me ask another one:

How in heaven, will missiles and projectiles be able to fly off the Moon's lower gravity. If the Moon Landing videos of years ago are true, and if we indeed did land on the moon, it shows clearly how the astronauts jumped and hovered for a few seconds before landing back on the ground. As soon as a US missile exits that field of pull against the Moon's gravity it is rendered unused, it will not achieve it's purpose. It will give Alien Craft Crews a good laugh, that's for sure.

Someone please explain me why hasn't this conversation finished yet...
It sounds extremely ridiculous.

What exactly makes a lower gravitational field *worse* for launching missiles in your estimation? Don't you think that the lower the gravitational field, the easier it is for a missile to push against it?

Besides the obvious answer (that missiles need less fuel to be effective in a lower gravity environment) Wouldn't you think that a laser on the moon would be the best way to destroy a fast moving target? The lack of a dense atmosphere would be perfect for a laser. So you wouldn't even have missiles there, at least not to reach objects over 150,000 miles away, such as satellites.

A laser on the moon would most definitely be effective against ICBM's launched from earth as well as low earth orbit satellites.

As far as all the footage of UFO's disappearing... you do realize that:

1. Some people do not believe some of that footage. Some of those people have sound minds.
2. Even if that footage is accurate, and UFO's tend to disappear when threatened, If an enemy is forced to retreat, then you have succeeded in that the threat is no longer there.
3. Maybe they don't travel at the speed of light *all* the time, assuming that they even travel at the speed of light, or that the speed of light is their top speed... and assuming that they are coming from space and not from some other dimension or other period in time... too many unknowns.

With those unknowns, it is certain that,

1. missiles DO work on the moon just as good or better than on earth, and their range is somewhat better than on earth, although still limited.
2. you probably wouldn't want missiles on the moon anyway because your targets are too far. you would instead have high powered lasers
3. lasers would be great to threaten other countries space vehicles and ICBM's, let alone shooting aliens, so that's a pretty good reason alone.
4. You would have the disadvantage that there is always one side of the earth that has no coverage.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazket
Let me ask just one question:

Who in this forum thinks with a sound mind, that the US has any possibility of shooting down an UFO Craft that moves at the speed of light? Usually, all known footage of UFOs show a craft dissapear within our eyes.

Well, the US missile shield they want to put in eastern europe is rumored to be more of a political and provocative move than capability. It is difficult to intercept an ICBM that travels 10,000 km/h. And we are expected to believe that the US gov't is privy to some technology that can shoot down aircraft flying at extraordinary speeds and capable to turn 90 degrees traveling several thousand km/h?

I'm with you on this one... BS.

As soon as a US missile exits that field of pull against the Moon's gravity it is rendered unused, it will not achieve it's purpose.

I'm not sure what you mean here... Why do you assume that a missile is only useful within gravitational pull? Or am I misunderstanding something?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
Has it occured to you that maybe "our technology" is on par with the aliens, and that we, as citizens, have no friggin clue as to how advanced our military is?

You mean imaginary aliens? yes, I'm sure we have some imaginary technology to match that of the imaginary aliens.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not insulting you. But at this point, alien existence has no proof. It's only within our brain's imagination.

There are a lot of things that are possible, or will be possible in the future. The question is, what is PROBABLE? And an even bigger question, what is probably RIGHT NOW?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
Having said that, it would seem that even basic logic would allow aliens to avoid a base on the moon with ease. However, simply having a base on the moon would demonstrate a certain amount of "space maturity" to anyone who was passing by. Imagine traveling a gzillion miles to another planet that has a natural satellite in space. Would you not consider that after a certain amount of time, that civilization would probably have achieved a base on their natural satallite? And if there was indeed a base of some kind, defensive, research or other, would that not change your perception of that civilization? Perhaps you would approach that civilization a little differently due to what you might believe was their level of maturity.

Thanks for Reading.

..Ex

I will entertain your thinking... If you believe in UFO visitations, then they already know our capabilities. They also know that as of 2008 we have no moon base. And if by 2030 we end up with a moon base, that's only 22 years apart.

I'm sure the aliens are not as dumb as to be fooled by the simple appearance of the moon base.

Let's draw a parallel to something that's real. Iran. Once they build a nuclear weapon, we will discern their capability as a lot more destructive. So the moon base will only be beneficial to intimidate the aliens if it will demonstrate a weapons capability that can harm the aliens, and beyond one or two spaceships. Soldiers and airplanes are dispensable (or aliens and their flying saucer). Hitting one is no big deal. Dealing a blow to the enemy is.

The only way it would be effective is if we could launch an extremely powerful weapon through space and time to the aliens' world and cause massive damage - this can deter them, POSSIBLY!

however, the aliens appear to be more advanced than us, since we, earthlings, do not have flying saucers that fly to distant galaxies. Then they will have more advanced technology to protect themselves from anything we may throw at them.

But, if we assume that alien civilization has the same capability as us earthlings do (meaning both that they're not that far advanced, and that we're far more advanced than we're aware, secretly), then expect something along the lines of iran/afghanistan. Some damage here, some damage there, both sides are hurting.

The more I write this, the easier it becomes. Maybe I will be able to convince more masses to follow along my lines of thinking. and then i can write a book, expanding on what I wrote above.

Just recognize, it's one man's postulation - my own.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Are you purposely ignoring what I am saying?
HOW DO YOU KNOW?????????

Yes, my fellow ATS board member, HOW DO YOU KNOW that aliens exist?

How do you know that unicorns exist/do not exist? How do you know that Santa Claus exists/does not exist?

You know only what you see on the evening news.
PERIOD!!!!!

Exactly! Tomorrow the evening news may report one man's encounter with a lepricon. I wouldn't put it past them.

You have no frigging clue as to how advanced our military is.

And you do? I think we all have a clue that they're more advanced than they let on. Something that is reasonable to believe is their superiority in spy satellites. Or even microwave technology. These are based on something tangible, something with which we're familiar. But to make such extraordinary claims as yours, well... what are you basing it on? Your willingness to believe the more sensational explanation rather than the simpler one?

What you see around you everyday, and the life you have grown accustomed to may all be a farce. All you know is what you are told to know!!!!!

That's very true. I personally had a struggle with this. As someone who majored in psychology, I immediately identified this as paranoia and delusional thinking. Next step would be paranoid schizophrenia. I got this addressed (without medical intervention, believe it or not - using natural products) and am happy to report that I am free of such thinking.

You have no friggin clue as to how advanced the militaries of the world may be.
Why make such bold statements based on knowledge that comes from the evening news?????

I agree with you, but do you fail to see that you're doing the very thing you're accusing people of, except you're on the other side?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Portugoal

Are you purposely ignoring what I am saying?
HOW DO YOU KNOW?????????
How do you know that their technology is beyind ours???????
YOU DON"T!!!!!!!!
You know only what you see on the evening news.
PERIOD!!!!!
You have no frigging clue as to how advanced our military is.
What you see around you everyday, and the life you have grown accustomed to may all be a farce.
All you know is what you are told to know!!!!!
You have no friggin clue as to how advanced the militaries of the world may be.
Why make such bold statements based on knowledge that comes from the evening news?????

Cbass

I agree throughly

There are a body of people in these forums who

A: Believe every bit of disinformation they hear and take it instantly as Real

B: Believe the invented fictions of those who seek to make profit telling ufo stories as real and this includes stories that are literally straight from mediocre, pulp Television sci fi, re invented as history

C: Seek to replace religion with a fantasy of higher beings from the stars who will now recuse us, confronted with anything to believe in, they choose yet a new fantasy to deal with human existence

I will say only this,

There is zero evidence of a galactic Federation

There is zero reason and only in defiance of all astro biology and science as we know it, to believe any alien life we encounter will bear any resemblance to us, think anything like us or even be able to communicate or recognize each other as sentient life

There is only one type of life associated with UFO's that I have any reason to believe exists

That would be these "Greys"

And there is absolutely NOTHING in the way of evidence to suggest that they actually come from another star system

In Fact

after a lifetime of study, my only possible conclusion is that they come from either right here on Earth or at most from within this solar system

There are many plausible explanations for the Greys

1: Divergent strain of human that went underground at some point

2: Divergent strain of Raptor that survived the apocalypse of the dinosaurs and evolved underground along side humanity

3: Divergent strain of Man from earlier period that survived off world somewhere in the solar system and adapted

4: Us from the future

5: Survivors of a Martian catastrophe, seeders of human life on Earth

6: Organic Robots designed by another life form in this solar system to visit Earth much like our probes

7: Genetic engineered by the us government to conceal secret weapons projects

8: Divergent strain of Human, wearing a close fitting space suit making them slightly less recognizable, needing to do so because of adaptations to slightly different atmosphere or pressure conditions

These are among the possible alternatives

The sheer odds however that a genuinely Alien species evolved to look a whole heck of allot like us are Astronomical, Even here on Earth our form is, relatively unique shared only by a small group of primates, everything else right next door to us, even Dolphins with a higher Brain Mass is utterly Alien by comparison, it is foolishly and utterly Human centric to think when we have creatures on Earth with potentially higher Intelligence that Our FORM is the norm for Intelligence in the Galaxy

Really it's blatantly foolish unscientific and....comical

So I say

Whatever the Greys are, they are from Right Here, not another star system

That being the case, technology being way advanced over our own is not a given.

I would like to remind everyone, the modern appearance of this critters, was for all intents and purposes in the USA Roswell

near where we had been blasting Atomic Bombs

Deep in the EARTH

If we want to look for these Aliens

Try my method

Spelunking

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
It's not that I'm not opened to changing my mind- you just haven't said anything that makes sense in TODAY's everyday world.

I will answer this for you... You are open to change your mind, but you will never get the evidence required for this. Because such evidence does not exist.

i'm in the same camp as you - i hang out here because I gather information that is not available in the MSM. Each time there's some link on UFO, I wonder if there is something that can sway me. The longer I look at this "evidence", the more I get support for my view that all alien visitation/UFO business is fabricated.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Skepticism has its place, but I really get bored hearing skeptics talk about whats "absolute fantasy" and what they "know" and what the can "prove".

Then go on to make a series of radical, unprovable supposed claims of their own and call it logic.

People from the underground? Raptors? people from the future? I mean seriously, UFOs being alien is FAR more logical and reasonable than any of those suggestions, are you having a laugh?

You say theres no reason to believe that any alien would look like us, granted, by the same method theres no reason to believe they couldnt either.

People shoudl stick to sane skepticism and debunking rather than outlandish claims which is what many skeptics here appear to favor.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Really I think it would take more than a crew of astronauts and engineers (what 100 people at most) to put together manned 'operations thorughout our solar system and beyond.'

You don't get it, do you? It's far simpler to fly a saucer to the sun, to other galaxies, and make contact with alien civilization than it is to do a moon landing. My goodness, to do a moon landing right now is so complex that we cannot do it. And darn, we forgot how to build those Saturn V rockets.

To send us to the moon will require extraordinary budget and thousands of people.

To fly to Andromeda in a saucer takes no resources whatsoever. Can be done out of your backyard.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Some of the things you guys are saying is way too far fetched.

I'm sure there are many "black projects" out there with technologies that are more advanced than what we know.

And I believe in UFOs, be it extraterrestrial visitors, humans from the future or man-made.

But talking about galactic wars and all that stuff is ridiculous.

If you are right, why does the government

- spend trillions on contracts for fighter jets and military technology that would be primitive compared to what they would really have?

- why would NASA complain about budget all the time and spend all the money in some future spacecraft that is # compared to UFOs?

I believe there are some technologies being held secret for certain interests but come on... there is no galactic war going to happen. If anything it would be a few UFOs destroying all the armies of the world within hours.
Maybe in 500 years of technological advancement and of reverse engineering # we could stand a chance. Fact is, we have never travelled further than the moon. Even if the government captured some UFOs and was capable of reverse engineering something I doubt they are intelligent enough to exactly reproduce that technology or to even understand it.
Even if Aliens were only 5000 years more advanced than us (which is very convervative) if would have no way of understanding it. God knows what they can do. It is like going back to the stone age and handing some caveman a computer or the space shuttle and tell them to reverse engineer it.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
reply to post by Portugoal

I don't see how you can say that there is little to no chance that the government is concealing technology that is incredibly more advanced than what we are currently exposed to when almost all evidence and logical thought processes point to a different conclusion.

Do you honestly believe that MILLIONS of scientists working for the last 8 or 9 decades, have been able to come up with nothing better than typical rocket propulsion?

Can you honestly say that you believe that MILLIONS of scientists have failed to improve upon the original work of tesla?

Is it to be understood that you cannot even fathom the possibility that we have something more advanced than the military aircraft etc. that are currently being used, even though they are all based on decades-old technology?

Seriously, if this is the way that you think, how can you say you're even remotely open to new ideas or changing your mind?

I know this wasnt' addressed to me, but personally, I think that yes, the military does have some amazing capability due to science.

I am willing to go as far as say that we have such advanced technology and flying craft that people mistake them for UFO flown by aliens.

I am not being sarcastic, i am serious. I can believe that all these UFO encounters could be the product of our own hands.

There still, however, is no evidence for intelligent alien existence.

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by torresm1
reply to post by Geoff Capes

Something is happening in the past no TV channel took UFO seriously now everyone seems to take is seriously

is it because the aliens changed? or we changed?....

It's because now it's compatible with the ideas and the plans of those who control the MSM.

The more people are in fear, the easier it becomes to gain power and dictatorship. Witness the speedy passage of the bailout bill. It was absolutely critical, we were told, that congress pass this immediately. Any delay would result in the crash of the stock market by several thousand points. So the panicked congress passed it (so we're led to believe). And what do we have now? The market still went down several thousand points, except the elites achieved passing the laws that they wanted passed (the bailout bill is a thick, bloated 400+ page document that is laden with other laws to their advantage).

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well... Bush is out of office in a few months.. so where do you take your conspiracy from there??????? or is Bush going to run everything from his ranch in texas???? I mean ... like get real people... who believes Bush gives a rats behind about aliens from outer space.. ??? Pathetic..

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

Is it possible that the Moon landing was meerly a P.R. stunt? And that the military at that time had already been on the moon and were able to get there fairly easily due to suppressed technology?

What I'm saying is that Neil and the boys may actually have gone to the moon but little did they know, this was for public edification only. The military was way beyond that already.

Let's not fight. Let's have some fun here instead.

It's very possible that Noah of biblical times actually teleported himself and his family to another galaxy and then teleported back. The so-called "Ark" is just a cover story.

Where do you draw the line?

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I will say this for "common logic" it does seem to find the concept of the petrol engine very complicated. I mean apparently since 1885 we can fly to the moon, microwave food, clone dogs and cats, put a reasearch station in space and yet apparently we cant find an alternative to the petrol engine we have been using since the dawn of time?

Hmm, well, yes, really and of course if you believe that you probably believe our leaders are honest reliable chaps with good intentions not driven by self interest and greed.

You might actually believe they told you the TRUTH once in a while......incredible as that might sound to the normal, reasonable thinker.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join