It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain warns of dangers of Dem control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This election comes down to how you want your hard-earned money spent,” McCain said to a small audience at the Renaissance hotel in downtown Cleveland. “Do you want to keep it and invest it in your future, or have it taken by the most liberal person to ever run for the Presidency, and the Democratic leaders who have been running Congress for the past two years — Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid?”

What he states is true about a full Democrat government. Full control over our government from either party is very bad for the country. Views considered extreme on either side of the political issues can be passed much easier. Most of Americans are moderates. Whether it be Republicans or Democrats...full control is not good for any of us.
I don't see how Democrats will fix what the Republicans did...they will only make it worse by enforcing laws that are too the opposite end of the spectrum. Any bill should be open to full criticism, and it can often make them better.

Link:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The dems and republicans are the same, they both work for the same goals , more governmental controls.. its been this way for years.. nothing new..

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Didn't hear anyone complaining those six years Republicans were the majority while Bush was in office.

And what did they do for us those six years? Not much.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It does seem hypocritical hearing a member of the majority that control the house, the senate and the white house complaining now about not having balance. Why didn't they speak up during those six years? Could it be they only believe in balance when they are not the majority in congress and control the white house.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Kaploink]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davion

Finally someone brought this up.. Too bad the media doesn't respond to this. This would make a great argument for Obama. Thanks.. star and flag for you

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
It does seem hypocritical hearing a member of the majority that control the house, the senate and the white house complaining now about not having balance. Why didn't they speak up during those six years? Could it be they only believe in balance when they are not the majority in congress and control the white house.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by Kaploink]

I've noticed that all too often the Republicans are very quick to play the victim card. They don't care when the other side is being taken advantage of or when hard working Americans are being taken advantage of, or even when the constitution is. We saw it in 2000 when Bush stole the white house with the help of his campaign and the supreme court. We didn't hear the Republicans crying then to count votes that were excluded, but now I hear them whine about Acorn registering people who can't legally be registered. Note that I am not defending either of these acts, simply showing how it doesn't work both ways when their idea of "right" and "wrong" is infringed upon. All I heard in 2000 was statements like "we won" and how they thought it was so unfair that votes should be counted and citizens who can legally vote be able to exercise their right to do so.

How they get away with saying how dangerous it would be to have the democrats in the majority without anyone stating the obvious is funny to me. Not that it truly matters which side of the coin is in the majority, they are all controlled by the same nefarious forces. The Republicans and even CNN talks about how dangerous it would be to have "all one side" controlling so many parts of the process, yet even if the number of Republicans lose the seats that are forecasted, it won't be all Democrats. They will have the ability to get the things done they want, but at this point like I said it doesn't really make any difference. The plans that are coming to fruition will do so no matter which puppet is on the forefront of the stage. And no one will benefit but the same groups that always have.

Its all lose lose, no matter what at this point.

top topics

join